Trapped

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER SEVEN

*GIKWANG’s POV*

(A/N: I realized that in Gikwang’s POV, I always type ________-ssi, but when I’m typing in ________-ssi mode, I usually just put Gikwang. I don’t add –ssi to the end of his name. Hmmm…)

 

 

“READY. GET SET. GO!” The voice echoed throughout the room as we slowly started making our way through the door. I glanced at _______-ssi. Her eyes were wide open and she hid behind me.

How cute.

I lead the way down the dark hall, barely able to see three feet in front of me.

To be honest, I was actually quite scared. There were strange eerie shadows looming all around us, but there was no way I could duck and hide behind ________-ssi. I had to be her knight in shining armor (:

“________-ssi, are you okay?” She had a really tight grip on my hand, not that I minded.

She looked up at me with her big eyes. “Gikwang-ssi, I’m um… scared of the dark.”

“It’ll be okay. I’m here. I’ll protect you,” I reassured her. She gave me a feeble smile.

Soon we arrived at a dead end with only two choices- a blue door on the right or a red door on the left. Or maybe it was a purple door and an orange door… I couldn’t really tell.    

“Where do you want to go?” I asked her. She looked at the doors, considering the options.

“Blue,” she decided. I nodded and placed my hand on the handle. I hesitated and then turned the handle and swung the door in.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” A vampire jumped out and screamed at us.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” ________-ssi screamed right back an octave higher. I winced. Wow, she can really reach that high note. Suddenly ________-ssi wrapped her arms around me and buried her head into my back. I froze. She glared over my shoulder at the vampire who was inching towards us with his hands.

“Yo, Vampwannabe, lay a single FINGER on me and I will become your worst nightmare,” she hissed at him. He instantly retreated. ________-ssi huffed and released me. “Sorry about that,” she sheepishly smiled.

“No problem. I told you I’ll be your knight in shining armor,” I winked at her. Her laugh was like music to my ears. We continued forward towards the door on the left.

Smoke was coming from vents on both sides of us, giving us glimpses of cages beyond them. Figures hung in those cages, limp, unconscious- or so we thought. The fog became so thick that we couldn’t see anymore. All of a sudden, the fog cleared and the “unconscious” figures leaped forward in their cages at us.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YOUSONOFFREAKINGUNS!” ________-ssi shrieked, hugging me from behind again. “YOUMOTHERCUPCAKES!”

The figures were now staring at us with the scariest expressions ever. They crackled with laughter that sent shivers up my spine and clawed in the air at us.

“Heeey~ Pretty laaaady, come plaaaaaay with meeeee~” One of the weirdos reached through the bar at ________-ssi.

… Did that CREEP just try to make a move on ________-ssi?

OH NO HE DIDN’T!

“Yah, I don’t care if you’re a vampire or a zombie, but NO ONE MAKES A MOVE ON HER WHILE I’M HERE!” I shot that… thing a death ray. That thing ignored me and continued to beckon towards ________-ssi. I peeked at her and saw her crinkle her nose at the thing.

“Let’s keep going,” she whispered. I nodded and led the way.

The hallway ended and we were in another room. The edges of the room were illuminated in red flames that casted shadows across empty desks that lined the room and there were three different doors we could choose from.

“Pata-pata!” Footsteps echoed through the area and we both turned to look at where they came from. When we turned back, there were suddenly these girls sitting in the seats. ________-ssi and I both jumped back with shock.

Where’d these girls come from?

They were dressed in white school clothes with long black hair. Each girl held a flashlight up to their faces and their expressions… they looked like the living dead. I walked to the right side of the room with ________-ssi still ducking behind me. Their eyes followed us. We walked to the left side. Their eyes followed us yet again.

I securely pulled ________-ssi directly behind me and boldly stepped up to the girls.

“How are you guys today?” I questioned, an easy smile on my face. “Do you pretty ladies know who we are?” I winked. “Anneonghaseyo, I’m Gikwang from BEAST!” I walked up to the closest girl, grabbed her hand, and kissed it. Then I quickly ushered ________-ssi out of the room through the closest door. I heard a squeal issue from the room we’d just left. I grinned at ________-ssi who grinned back at me.

We were now at a dead end. We had two choices- we could go down the hallway on the left or go down the hallway on the right.

 ________-ssi yanked on my hand and took off running down the hallway on the right. As we turned the corner, I glanced back just in time to catch the sight of a hideous monster clawing at where we had just been.

“What was that?” She squeaked and jumped as thunder rained across the room. She continued scampering down the hallway, scurrying back to me every time something popped out.

At last, we reached a dark colored door. I yanked the door open and…

“AAAAAHHHHH!” A vampire jumped out at us.

“YOUFREAKINGMOTHERCOOKIES!” _______-ssi shrieked right back at it.

I stared at the vampire.

It was the same one that scared us a while ago.

And that means…

“________-ssi, we’ve been going in a circle!”

“How do we get out of here? I’m going to die before I make it out alive!” ________-ssi glared at the vampire. “Yo, Vampwannabe, will you tell us how to get out of here if we dance for you?”

Smart girl.

The vampire nodded eagerly.

“Breathe in breathe out…” she danced to our Soom choreography while I sang.

When we finished, the vampire clapped and pointed towards the door on the right.

“Kamsahamnida!” She skipped towards the door. I waved goodbye to our new friend as I followed her.

“OH! YOU! PIECES! OF! BROWN! SQUASH! DON’T MAKE ME COOK YOU ALIVE!” She yelled in English.

I ran to her and saw around twenty fruit bats swarming around her.

I threw my arm around her and used my other arm to swing at the bats. I hurried forward through another door.

Across the room hung a sign that said, “EXIT”.

“That’s got to be a trick,” she whispered to me, still under my arm.

“We’ve got to try… there’s no where else to go in here,” I whispered back.

We inched forward toward the sign and the door.

Twenty feet away…

Ten feet away…

Five feet away…

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Both of our screams echoed as we fell through the floor.

I instinctively pulled her on top of me so that I could shield the fall.

“Oooopf.” I winced as we landed.

“Thanks, Gikwang-ssi.” Her voice was slightly shaky and she was squeezing the life out of me with her hug. “Eottoeke? Oppa, eottoeke?”

I froze.

Did she just call me Oppa?

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Yah, Gikwang-ssi!” XXSilver’s manager, Mister Ace, called me over to him.

“Yes?” I fell into step beside him as he walked.

“Take care of ________, okay? She’s like a little sister to me.” He looked at me with serious eyes.

“What do you mean? Aren’t you going to be here the whole time?” I was confused. And why did he ask me? He should’ve been asking Doojoon, our leader.

“Nope. I’m leaving soon to go back to the States. And I’m asking you because out of all of the members, I bet you will be the one who gets the closest to her. Don’t hurt her or let her be hurt… arasso? […okay?] She's had a bad experience with guys..." He trailed off, thinking of the past.

I nodded, still confused.

“I think you’re a good guy, so I’ll be trusting her to you. If any guy that you don’t like tries to get too close to ________-ssi, let me know." He beckoned for the other members to join us. 

Once they reached us, Mister Ace continued talking. "I'm going back to the States soon. I've told Gikwang-ssi to take care of her. Oh, and if she doesn't call you Oppa, don't worry. She usually doesn't call anyone that. In fact, I think she's only called me and this other guy Oppa before... If you're on a show and someone asks her to do that, she probably will- but it'll sound fake. She'll call you Oppa when she comes to trust you guys."

 

*FLASHBACK END*

 

She just called me Oppa out of nowhere.

Does that mean… she trusts me now?

It hasn’t even been a whole day since I’ve met her, but now that I think about it, we’ve been through a lot of trials today. And every trial was in this dark place.

I’m totally glad we came here :D

And then I had a reality check.

We were stuck in a… box underground. There were four cemented walls surrounding us.      

Just then, lasers came out of the walls. There were four beeping noises and instantly the walls began to close in on us.

“Oppa!” She gasped. I held her closer to me.

The walls forced us to sit down and they creaked to a halt.

I’m so glad that it was dark in there. She was sitting in the space on the floor between my legs, hugging me. I was blushing like crazy.

Now… how do we get out of here?

(A/N: I know this is kinda random and late, but... did anyone notice how I came up with Kamenashi Jin's [the manager] name? His last name came from Kamenashi Kazuya and his first name is from Akanishi Jin. They're both Japanese singers/actors and were once in the same boyband KATTUN. THEY ARE SO CUTE! ^^ && THEY WERE IN GOKUSEN2 TOGETHER! LOL. Yes, I know this is supposed to be a kpop fanfic, but i really couldn't help it. hehehehe)