The truth behind Gikwang's actions...

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*GIKWANG’s POV*

 

Once again, ________ was in the hospital, unconscious.

Once again, it was my fault.

 

Unable to keep still, I paced across the room, my eyes glued to the door.

 

“Gikwang, you sold sit down,” Doojoon advised as he held Tiffany tightly, comforting her.

 

Everyone was in a freak-out mode, especially the girls.

 

I continued pacing.

 

My entire being wanted to rush to ________’s side and embrace her, telling her that everything I had said was a lie.

 

She would smack me on the arm and forgive me, and I would romantically ask her to be mine. I would tell her the truth and together we would blow off Hyosung’s threats.

 

But then Hyosung’s words came back to haunt me.

 

“Oppa,” she latched onto my arm and smiled at me, “I’m so glad you agreed to be my boyfriend!” She hugged me as I stood there stiffly. “I’m so glad we’re promoting songs at the same time, so now I can see you after the performances like this!”

 

“You’re evil, you know that?” I gritted my teeth.

 

She giggled and patted my arm. “Oh you silly boy, don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll fall for me soon.”

 

Finally getting go, she started to walk away towards her waiting room. “And if you ever try to back out of this,” she called back to me, “I not only will release those pictures, but I also happened to dig up some beautiful dirt on ________’s past. I’m sure you know what I mean,” she winked. “You’re going to obey my rules and rule number one is that you will not see _________ anymore since you’re mine.”

 

I stared after her, mouth agape, as she sauntered off. “You freaking kidding me?”

 

Now ________ hating me would be for the best…

Maybe my lies were a little too extreme, but the more distance I put between us, the safer ________ will be. It was also the only way my heart could let her go.

 

I sighed.

 

“Gikwang… you’re not blaming yourself like last time, right?” Dongwoon asked worriedly.

 

I looked at him and shifted my gaze away. “No, wh-why would I do that?”

 

The guys shook their heads sadly. “You’re definitely blaming yourself.”

 

Seohyun’s phone sounded in the hospital’s quiet waiting room, making us all jump, saving me from my member’s prying eyes.

 

“Hello?” She whispered into the phone. “Ah, Yonghwa oppa! No, I’m not at home… I’m at the hospital. ________ collapsed… We don’t know. The doctor hasn’t told us anything yet… Yes I’ll give you a call. Okay. Love you too.” She hung up.

 

“I knew it!” Stephanie blurted out, voicing all of our thoughts. “The Yongseo couple is REAL!”

 

Seohyun blushed and held a finger to her lips. “It’s a secret.”

 

They all started chatting, the anxious atmosphere lifted.

 

I sat with my head in my hands, each minute ticking by eating away at my heart.

 

I noticed a man’s shadow fall across the door and leaped to my feet.

 

An instant hush fell on the room as the door creaked open.

 

“You guys all here for Miss ________?” The doctor asked.

 

I looked at his face closely. It was the same doctor from last time.

 

When we nodded, he continued on. “Well, the good news is that she is in a stable condition right now.”

 

We exhaled a breath of relief.

 

“However,” he went on, ”she is still unconscious. There is a tremendous amount of brain activity going on, which leads us to believe that she is regaining her lost memories.”

 

He looked straight at me, forcing my to slant my eyes to the floor.

 

“When will she wake up?” I inquired, my stomach in knots.

 

“She’s a fast healer, so hopefully in a couple of days,” he replied, closing his binder.

 

I grimaced.

 

In a couple of days… I can’t see ________ anymore.  

 

My heart shattered.