Finding a Way Out

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER EIGHT

*YOUR POV*

 

Eottoeke?

(A/N: Is that how you spell it? >.< Google searching this word isn’t helping me at all.)

EOTTOEKE?

I was on the verge of having a panic attack.

First of all, Gikwang-ssi and I had just fallen through the floor.

Secondly, the walls just closed in on us, forcing us to sit down.

And now I was sitting in between his legs with my arms wrapped around him.

A-W-K-W-A-R-D.

Not to mention the fact that I’m totally about to piss in my pants because I’m so scared! I’ve never had such a scary experience before.

Even the Asian version of the ‘birds and the bees’ talk from my parents wasn’t as creepy as this place!

I hate to admit it, but I was shaking from fright.

I. FREAKING. HATE. DARKNESS.

I. HATE. THUNDER!

The owner of this place must’ve done some type of background check on me because guess what?

I’m trapped with my bias in BEAST in this dark place with thunder roaring about all around us.

I glanced at Gikwang-ssi. In the dark, I couldn’t see his face that well.

Which was all the better for me because I was blushing like crazy.

“Oppa, eottoeke?” The silence hung heavy in the room.

And then I realized what I just called Gikwang-ssi.

I called him Oppa. There have been only two other guys that I’ve ever called Oppa before- Kame and… this other guy. I guess I really do trust Gikwang-ssi?

He shifted slightly, still holding me.

“I don’t know,” he admitted. “There’s got to be a trick we have to figure out before we can get out of here.” Through the dim light filtering out from above, I saw him warily take a look around us.

There wasn’t much to look at.

“Is it okay if I call you Oppa?” I asked.

“I’m glad you’re calling me Oppa,” he answered.

Just then, I remembered the cameramen.

“Gikwang-oppa, where are the cameramen?”

“Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen them this whole time,” he said slowly.

“Did… we lose them?” I laughed. “Oh man. Man oh man oh man.”

Finally a loud voice ricocheted off the walls, making us jump.

“YOU MUST PASS THE FINAL TEST IN ORDER TO ESCAPE FROM THE MAZE,” the machine boomed at us. “ANSWER THE FOLLOWING PROBLEM.”

Eerie music began playing as a count down started.

(A/N: Imagine the music you hear in Oh My School- you know, that one creepy tune they play in every episode? ^^)

“FIVE.”

(A/N: Now imagine the countdown that Oh My School uses. Oh, and BTWs, if you don’t know what Oh My School is, it’s a Korean variety show also known as 100 Points Out of 100. Go watch it now. It’s hilarious, especially the episode when Gikwang visits :P)

“FOUR.”

I shivered.

“THREE.”

“TWO.”

“ONE.”

A gunshot went off. I winced.

“TODAY’S CLASS IS… GUESS THIS SONG! WE WILL SPEAK THE LYRICS TO YOU AND YOU MUST GUESS THE SINGER AND SONG TITLE. IF YOU ARE CORRECT, YOU WILL ALSO HAVE TO SING THE LYRICS THAT WE GIVE YOU. GOOD LUCK. YOU HAVE THREE CHANCES. ”

“________-ssi, what happens if we don’t get it right in three tries?” Gikwang-ssi whispered to me.

“I don’t know…” my voice trailed off as I shook my head. I didn’t even want to think about that.

“Now that I think about it,” he mused, “this sounds exactly like Oh My School. In fact, this is exactly like Oh My School. We got this.”

The walls widened a little bit, giving us enough slack to be able to stand up.

While we stretched our cramped legs, the voice returned, telling us the song we needed to guess.

 

“I can change… no matter how hard it may be.

You can change… no matter what others say.

We can change, the way I want.

Pop, pop, pop my collar.

Do it up… and don’t mind the others.

Take it on… everyone to the sky.

Jumping up… do it, do it, do it better.

Ch-ch-ch-change.”

 

WOW. The person who recorded that did a really good job in keeping a monotoned voice. 

I turned to Gikwang-ssi. “Oppa!” I squealed.  He grinned and we high-fived each other.

“Hyuna! Change!” Gikwang-ssi called out the singer and song title. Did they really think we wouldn't know this song? I mean, Hyuna and Gikwang were in the same company!

Ding!

The music started playing and we sang along. The music cut off after the “ch-ch-ch-change” part and we waited anxiously for the result.

Ding!

“Yeaah!” Gikwang-ssi yelled.

The floor we were standing on started rising and soon we were back in the original room.

Gikwang-ssi grabbed my hand and we both ran for the exit, slamming the door open.

Sunlight lit our faces as we let go of our hands and threw them in the air.

“I seriously thought I’d never make it out of there,” I breathed. He nodded.

“Well,” he glanced at his watch, “it’s 7:30.” He looked at me with a question in his eyes, one that I understood completely.

What are we going to do now?

“What’s your schedule tomorrow?” I inquired.

He stretched his arms. “I have a radio appearance at 6:00.”

“In the morning?” I gasped.

“Yeah. And then later on, Yoseob and I are going to be filming for Oh My School.”

My eyes widened. “Do you think they’ll let me go watch y’all?”

He paused, considering that option. “Most likely, seeing how you’re such a famous celebrity.”

“Yes!” I did a victory dance.  “Now we should go find the cameramen…”

After searching around the premise for fourteen minutes, we finally found them sitting in the shade munching on goodies.

“Where were you guys? We lost you guys the moment we entered this park!” They exclaimed.

“We went to the haunted house,” Gikwang-ssi admitted.

They raised their eyebrows. “________-ssi, aren’t you afraid of the dark?”

“Yeah.”

“Then… Gikwang-ssi! Did you purposely drag her there so you could ‘protect’ her?”

“I was the one who suggested going there,” I defended him. “It said MAZE. How was I supposed to know that it was a haunted house?”

I pouted.

The cameramen sighed. “Alright. Anyways, where are you guys going now?”

I glanced at Gikwang-ssi. “Back to the house,” I answered. Gikwang-ssi opened his mouth to protest but I cut him off.

“Gikwang-ssi needs to rest because he has an early schedule tomorrow morning,” I explained.

When we arrived at the house, we heard voices coming from inside.

Voices that sounded very familiar.

Voices that belonged to Doojoon, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Yoseob, and Hyunseung.

I walked in without knocking and glared at them.

“So I guess your schedules finished early, right?” I said sarcastically.

I mean, did they seriously think they could lie to me like that?

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the floor next to Yoseob.

“So what did you guys do at home this whole time?” Gikwang asked.

They all looked at each other and snickered.

“We were making up stories about what you were doing to her.”

Gikwang and I both blushed red.

“No way,” Hyunseung whispered.

“Yo man! We told you NO MOVES ON HER UNLESS WE’RE THERE!” Junhyung bellowed.

“He didn’t try any moves on me,” I defended him again. “We just got stuck in… a predicament.”

“Yeah. A predicament,” Gikwang repeated, shooting glares at his band members.

"Oh, hey. What are your schedules tomorrow?" I questioned the rest of the BEAST members.

They told me one by one and I nodded as I listened.

"So you all have to go somewhere at 6:00? Hmm.. Then i'll cook you guys breakfast tomorrow!" I grinned as the boys gave a loud whoooop! and high-fived each other.

"You good at cooking?" Junhyung gave me a skeptical look.

"Don't doubt me," I shot back. “Anyways, Yoseob, what’s the name of the PDs for Oh My School?” 

He pulled out his phone. “Why?”

“I want to go watch you guys tomorrow,” I grinned.

He dialed the number and handed the phone to me.

“Yeboseyo? Yoseob-ssi?” The PD answered the phone.

“Ah, anneonghaseyo! This is XXSilver.”

I heard a muffled gasp on the other end.

“XXSilver? You’re in Korea right now?”

“Ne, I’m staying with BEAST. I was wondering I could go and watch you guys film Oh My School tomorrow?”

“Absolutely. In fact, why don’t you be on the show? We’ll surprise the rest of the cast.”

The BEAST members looked at me with a question in their eyes.

“Did she say okay?“ Yoseob mouthed to me.  I gave him a thumbs-up sign.

“XXSilver, how about you arrive in a different car. We’ll send a OMS car to come pick you up, that way the cast won’t know you’re friends with BEAST and when you show up, wear a mask and don’t reveal yourself until later in the show,” the PD suggested.

“Ne!” I answered enthusiastically.

I love this plan.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then!” We hung up.

I told the boys the plan.

I can’t wait until tomorrow.

 

(A/N: I decided only to add an ‘-ssi’ to the end of a name when it’s spoken. In regular narration, I’ll just type the name. Okidokies? [: && THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO’S SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY AND WHO’S READING IT! IT MEANS A LOT TO ME <33. Please comment and let me know how I’m doing? BE HONEST IN THE COMMENTS! && please go check out my other fanfic that i just started. Thank you!)