BEAST has ... SIX members?

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*YOUR POV*

 

Blackness.

That’s all I could see.

Then I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at the brightness around me. Muffled voices blurred around my head as things came into focused. I was surrounded by nurses.

“She’s awake.” Their voices hushed as I struggled to remember why I was here.

No light bulbs clicked in my mind. Everything was hazy and swirled around in my head.

“Doctor,” I rasped, “where am I?”

He glanced at his colleagues. “At the hospital.”

“Why?”

He turned away from me.

“That’s confidential information,” he said at last.

I tried to sit up. Instantly a nurse came to my aid and gently helped to raise me to a sitting position.

“Let her rest,” the doctor ordered.

They all left me, closing the door behind them.

I surveyed the room and glanced down at my body.

Why was my arm in a cast?

How come I am completely bruised?

No memory surfaced as I tried to reach back as far as I could.

Suddenly the door whipped open and a handsome man rushed in calling my name desperately. Seeing that I was awake and okay, he collapsed in relief. Then the members of BEAST came into sight, running into my room.

I was confused. Then I remembered. I had been living with BEAST for the last couple of weeks to film for a show.

But who was the first guy who came in?

“Hey Yoseob-ssi, Doojoon-ssi, Dongwoon-ssi, Junhyung-ssi, and Hyunseung-ssi,” I greeted the members.

I directed my gaze to the first guy. “Who are you?”

The members gasped as pain scratched across his face.

“… You… You don’t remember me?” The man asked me.

I slowly shook my head no.

Am I supposed to know him?

“B-but out of all of the BEAST members you were the closest with him!” Yoseob blurted out in disbelief.

“He’s in BEAST?” I was surprised.

I’ve been living with them, right?

Then why don’t I remember this guy?

“You’re kidding right?!” Dongwoon shouted, instantly being hushed by the others.

“She just woke up; don’t be so loud,” Junhyung scolded him.

“You really don’t remember Gikwang?” Doojoon asked me.

“… Anio…”

The man named Gikwang pulled a stuffed animal out of the bag he was holding.

“That’s so cute!” I squealed.

His arm sagged with disappointment.

“You don’t remember this pig?” He asked softly. “What about the amusement park with a maze?”

“I’m sorry,” I shook my head.

He gently placed the pig on my lap. “I’m glad you’re okay,” he whispered. He jerked away when Hyunseung placed his hand on his shoulder and rushed out of the room.

“He’s crying,” I said quietly. “Was I really close with him?”

The members nodded sadly.

“Why don’t I remember him?” I was frustrated. Seeing Gikwang cry made me want to comfort him.

“You were… in a serious accident. The doctor said that you had hit your head pretty hard…” Yoseob’s voice trailed off.  

The doctor walked in. “What’s wrong?”

“Why don’t I remember someone I was close to?”

He paused. “Because you were probably thinking about him when you fell unconscious.”

“Then how do I remember him?”

“Try going to places that you two have gone before, try experiencing things you’ve done before, stuff like that,” he explained.

I bit my lip and stared at my hands.

Then I lifted my head. “Will you guys help me remember him?” I asked s.

They nodded eagerly.

“You can leave the hospital in three days,” the doctor told me.

The other members bid me farewell and promised that they would visit me tomorrow and left.

I sank down into my hospital bed and tried to conjure up my memories.

Nothing worked.

Determination swept over me as I remembered Gikwang’s tears.

 

Gikwang-ssi, I will definitely remember you one day. Please be patient with me while I try my best.