Lesson One: Girls ake FOREVER to Show Up.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER THREE

GIKWANG’s POV

 

I wonder who she is?

“When is she going to get here?” Yoseob whined.

We had been standing out here for about twelve minutes already and even though many girls were watching us, THE girl hasn’t appeared yet.

“Thank the Lord for cameramen,” Doojoon muttered.

True that. If it weren’t for the cameraman filming us right now, these fangirls would be chaos. As much as we love our fans, they can totally go crazy and out of control. I sighed and shifted my feet.

Just then I noticed Junhyung straighten his body. “Ah!” He pointed towards a female figure making her way towards us through the park. I squinted my eyes and could barely make out her face.

“Oh. Isn’t that… Tara’s Eunjung?”

She walked up to us looking kind of nervous and introduced herself, “Anneonghaseyo! I am Tara’s Eunjung!” She bowed.

“SO BEAST! We’re BEAST. Anneonghaseyo!” We bowed back and glanced at each other, all thinking the same thing.

Is this THE girl?

“It was nice to meet you here. I’m actually on my way to buy some food.” She smiled at us.

Hyunseung cleared his throat nervously. “Wha-what is your favorite Korean dish?”

“I really like eating the… Bo…” She paused. We all stared at her. “Bo… Gal Bi?” We sighed. “Sorry guys,” she giggled, “I’m not the secret girl.” She waved bye and walked away.

Dongwoon clutched his head in frustration. “Why can’t she just show up and we go home? We spent all yesterday cleaning the house for her. Do you think she’ll like it?”

I nodded, biting the inside of my lip as another girl was making her way towards us. “Here comes another girl. Is she THE girl, or is she another decoy?” I tilted my head in the direction of the female celebrity. The others followed my gaze.

She stopped in front of us and smiled. “Anneong, BEAST oppas!”

“Ah, Hyuna-ssi. What are you doing over here?” Dongwoon asked, hoping she would solve our mystery and allow us to go home.

“Oh, nothing much. The PDs told me to come here and meet you guys.”

Hyunseung’s eyes grew large. “Really? That means you’re our mystery girl and now we can go home?”

She laughed. “Anio. Mianhaeyo, oppas!” [Nope. Sorry, oppas!] We said our goodbyes and she left.

“All right. So for all we know, this mystery girl will say that her favorite dish is Bo Gul Bi?” Yoseob wanted to know.

I nodded. The manager asked us a week ago of some strange girl could live with us for a few months. At first we were hesitant to say yes because after all, it’s a girl who’s going to be living with six guys! But eventually we agreed and cleaned the house like crazy. He had woken us up this morning telling us that she would be landing in Korea in a few hours. We got ready, went and got our makeup and hair done, and then he told us the plan. We were to meet her here in this park at 10:00AM. We would identify her by asking her what her favorite Korean dish was because her answer would be Bo Gul Bi. And so here we are.

“Yo Gikwang!” Junhyun called. 

“Yea?”

“Do you think she’s going to be pretty?”

I thought about it for a moment. “I don’t know. I hope she is but if she’s not it’s still okay.”

Yoseob nudged me. “Don’t try to hit on her when we’re not there, aight?”

I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the ground. Doojoon sat down beside me with his arms resting on his knees.

“Man, what if she’s absolutely gorgeous?” Doojoon asked lazily.

“If she’s absolutely gorgeous, we absolutely have to behave like gentlemen in front of her,” Dongwoon answered.

“What’s your ideal girl?” The PDs suddenly asked us.

“What?”

“Your type of girl. What is she?” They repeated.

Yoseob yawned and then answered, “Cute girls. I like cute girls.”

“Girls that are feminine but also tough,” Junhyun called out.

“Girls that cook and take care of me,” came Doojoon’s answer.

“And girls who are good at singing and dancing and are pretty,” Dongwoon replied.

“A girl who’s fun to be around- she’s energetic but also calm,” Hyunseung announced.

They all turned toward me.

“What about you Gikwang?” The PDs asked.

“Me?” I thought about it. “Well, I like girls who take care of me, who are kind and caring, who aren’t afraid to do what’s right, and I like girls who have the same interests as I do.”

The PDs pressed farther. “Interests? Can you name some of them?”

“Singing, dancing, sports.” I shrugged.

We sat there for a couple minutes in silence. As the silence drew longer, one of the cameramen asked us if we’ve eaten yet. We all looked at our cell phones for the time. It was 10:22 already. We ate breakfast only an hour ago but we were now bored out of our minds.

“Let’s go. ”

The cameramen pointed at a food stall across the park and said that that place had pretty good food. We headed towards it and saw that it was empty except for a girl sitting on her bench with her back towards us. We walked up to the window and ordered a light snack. And then realized that we had no money.

“Eottoeke?” We asked each other. Hyunseung looked at me, I looked at Yoseob who looked at Dongwoon. He shrugged. “Will you give it to us for free if we dance for you?”

The ahjumma nodded excitedly.

We began singing our chorus for Beautiful and danced along to it. When we finished, she handed us our snack and we sat down at an empty bench.

I couldn’t help but notice the girl who was sitting at the other bench. She was absolutely beautiful and she looked completely familiar. No way… She looked exactly like…

“Guys! Isn’t that XXSilver?” I hissed to my band mates. They instantly stopped eating and stared at her.

Doojoon almost started jumping in his seat. “OMG. THAT IS TOTALLY HER!”

“Can we go say hi?” Dongwoon looked so amazed.

I looked up to see the PDs laughing at us. What’s so funny?

Just then XXSilver got out of her seat. She threw away her trash and walked towards us.

(A/N: XXSilver is talking in English now and the Yoseob replies to her in English. Keep in mind that when BEAST talks to other Korean speakers they’re still speaking in Korean.)

“Hello!” She waved at us and smiled.

We got out of our seats nervously. “Hello!” We went down our line and introduced ourselves in English. “You are XXSilver, right?”

“Yes.” She nodded.

“Do… you know us? Like, what we do?” We left all the English talking to Yoseob who had the best pronunciation out of the whole group.

“You’re BEAST.”

“Wah!” Our whole group exclaimed in surprise. She knew who we were?

She started singing the intro to our song Bad Girl (which was in English) and danced along to it. We stared at her in awe. She was so pretty. Absolutely gorgeous. Like a celestial beauty… if that makes any sense.

We clapped like crazy and Yoseob and Hyunseung started jumping around like crazy. She laughed and I felt my heart beat faster.

“Ay, _________-ssi!” Someone called her name and we all turned to look. A very handsome guy our age turned the corner and stopped short, a look of surprise on his face.

“You’re back, Mister Ace?” She asked him, looking amused.

Oh, so this was her manager. He’s so handsome to the point that I’m jealous. Such a handsome man working with such a beautiful girl… do they really just have a work relationship or is it deeper than that?

“Ah, yeah.” He stared at us for a moment and turned toward XXSilver and kept looking back and forth between us.

“So XXSilver-” Yoseob started to ask her something but she interrupted.

“Y’all can just call me _________.” She smiled.

“So, __________-ssi, what are you doing in Korea? I didn’t read anything about a concert.”

We were all kind of nervous standing in front of her but as I looked closely at her, she seemed nervous as well.

“I’m about to be on a show in Korea,” she answered.

Dongwoon whispered something to Yoseob who then turned and asked, “Really? What’s it called? Dongwoon said can’t wait to watch it!”

“I’m not too sure of the title of the show. But I know I’ll be working with these amazingly talented guys for a couple months.” She seemed to be hiding a secret within her smile.

Little did I know I was already starting to fall, hard.