Mystery Girl reveals her face (:

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

 

CHAPTER ELEVEN

*YOUR POV*

 

“Mission, start!”

Once again, the countdown started.

“FIVE, FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE.”

BOOOM!

We all jumped up and posed again.

DING DONG!

“Mystery Guest, please reveal yourself!”

The PDs motioned for me to take the mask off while the announcer was talking.

Instantly everyone was alert and excited.

“Firstly, I wanted to ask you guys who your favorite American singer is,” I asked.

“Why?” They looked confused and Gikwang and Yoseob played along with them.

“Because I’m from America,” I said.

“Well, I really like Far East Movement,” Drama answered.

Everyone agreed with him.

Hyosung spoke up. “XXSilver is amazing!”

“She’s so pretty!”

“She’s such a good dancer and singer.”

“She has good Korean, too!”

I grinned.

And took off my mask.

“EOTTOEKE?” They gasped.

“Yo-you’re XXSilver!” Drama had his mouth hanging wide open.

Gikwang, Yoseob, and Seohyun high fived me while the others stood there in shock.

“You guys knew about this?” Joon accused them.

They nodded.

“I’m staying with Beast right now, filming another show and Seohyun is one of my best friends,” I explained.

“I can’t believe I get to meet you!” Hyosung squealed. She instantly started doing the dance moves from one of my songs. I started singing and everyone joined in.

I bowed. “Anneonghaseyo, I’m XXSilver!”

“Eottoeke? Your Korean is so good!” Shinyoung gasped.

“Kamsahamnida.”

“You’re not even a Korean American, right?” Brian asked.  I shook my head. 

"I'm a Taiwanese American," I told them.

The school bell rang again, returning out attention to our new mission song.

“Here’s the problem. 4 weeks in a row at no. 1 on ‘Music Bank K-Chart,’ April 2009.”

One second of Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry played, but everyone already knew the answer.

“Five, four, three, two, one.”

BANG!

Yoseob made it to the mike table first. “Super Junior, Sorry Sorry,” he spoke into the mike.

Did you know that this song stood at no. 1 for 36 weeks on Taiwanese K-pop charts?

(A/N: TAIWANESE PRIDE BABY! LOL)

The song started to play and everyone moved their bodies along with the music.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, I am, I am, I am, I - ”

The buzzer buzzed, indicating that he said the last “I AM” part wrong. A strong gust of wind came out of the device above the mic and blew his hair flat on his face.

Joon instantly sat on the seat. “I don’t care about variety. I am getting this right!”

The music started up again. “Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, you ar-” ERRRR. A gust of wind slammed into Joon’s head as he said the wrong lyrics.

Gikwang sat down. He got the farthest but also messed up.

Hyosung was up next. “… I can’t see, see, I can’t eat-“ ERRR! “Anio?” She looked puzzled.

I decided to give it a try and positioned myself in front of the mike.

“Oh, you know this song?” My teachers, the MCs, looked surprised.

“Sorry sorry sorry sorry…” I sang the entire first stanza and ended with the “I’m going crazy, crazy baby.”

Ding Dong Ding!

My team erupted in cheers and Gikwang gave me two thumbs up.

“How are you not out of breath?” Hyosung asked me, amazed. I grinned and shrugged.

The next song was a song I didn’t recognize. It was popular in the 1990’s and was no. 1 for five weeks. Drama got that one correct.

Our team now had two points while the Desperate Team had none.

DING! “Here’s the next problem. January, 1990. 5 weeks at no. 1 on ‘Song Chair Top 10’.”

Two beats was all we heard. We all stared at each other, totally puzzled. Min meandered toward the mic, but Shinyoung remarked that Min had been born that year. She instantly got out of the seat.

“Kim Jiae, ‘Spiteful Person’,” Shinyoung guessed.

Soyeon jumped. “That’s it, right?”

The music played. Shinyoung got up and danced and everyone joined in. I watched in fascination.

Sadly, she forgot the lyrics and started mumbling, earning herself a dart of forceful air aimed at her face.

“How’d you know that was right?” Shinyoung questioned Soyeon.

Yoseob decided to try next and got it wrong.

Gikwang tried to challenge but got it wrong with the artist’s name.

Drama returned to the seat.

And he got it right.

“You… are you really born in 1991? That is such an old song!” Shinyoung looked astounded. “Anyways, I doubt Soyeon. Are you born in 1987? Has anyone seen her ID?”

Everyone shook their heads no.

“It’s just that I’ve watched music shows since I was two,” she explained.

“My child is three. They have no clue at that age,” Gyeongrim pointed out.

“Ah, I’ll show you guys my ID later.“

“Anyways, our team won. Bye byee, Desperate Team!” We waved bye to them while they trudged their way upstairs into the punishment room.

Loud moans of pain were heard as they were forced make a human pyramid on these mats with several large bumps. I winced in sympathy, glad that I didn’t have to be up there.

DING!

The announcer lady explained the next mission.

We were to wear gourds on our heads with a mission word on them. Our goal was to make the other team say the words on their gourds. If the person’s mission words were spoken, they were out and they had to crack the gourd over their heads. The last team alive wins.

“Handsome Gikwang, are you ready? I look forward to seeing you.” Gikwang looked up in surprise and smiled with happiness.

“Five, four, three, two, one.”

Soon we all had our gourds on our heads and we pealed off the sticker, revealing our mission words.

Tony started off by attacking Soyeon. “Soyeon, what did you really think of my song?”

My whole team anxiously peered at her words.

“Just so so,” she replied carefully.

“Ah, alright,” Tony muttered, defeated.

“Seohyun-ssi?” Shinyoung called out.

“Ne,” she answered.

Ding Ding Ding!

Seohyun was out. Her mission card was “Ne.”

She took off her gourd in disbelief. “It was ‘yes’?”

She looked at the card. “Daebak!” She cracked it over her head, wincing at the impact.

Everyone imitated her “Daebak”, poking light fun at her.

Myeongsu lost no time in attacking our team again. “Soyeon, what do you think of Gikwang?”

“He’s handsome,” she answered innocently.

He continued his attack. “Joon, do you prefer Soyeon or Shinyoung?”

“Oh…” Joon paused, worried about his mission card. “I like them all.”

Myeongsu was relentless and pushed even more. “If you had to choose between them?”

“Shinyoung!” Joon blurted.

He was out.

We started on an indirect attack on the Desperate Team.

“Hyosung, how do you act so cute in your pictures?”

She considered our words carefully. “I look upward like this.”

Soyeon quickly continued the attack. “What about you Yoseob?”

He did the Asian peace sign while showing off his aegyo.

“And what about you, Myeonghun?” She was quick to move onto our real target, confusing the other team.

Following Yoseob’s example, he did the peace sign and was out. His mission was to hold up two fingers.

Gikwang and I led the next wave and succeeded in getting Brian out by making him say “Sarang”.

Within minutes, Min and Yoseob both were out. Gikwang followed suit. Soon Tony, Drama, and I joined their gang.

Gyeongrim attempted to get Myeongsu out but failed.

New mission cards were handed out for the remaining few contestants.

It was now 2:3.

When the new cards were revealed, everyone groaned.

In an effort to get Shinyoung out, Myeongsu caught himself.

The rest of us who were already out savagely attacked the opposing team.

In the end, my team won and we shouted while dancing with joy. The other team was once again in the punishment room.

The announcer instructed the next game directions.

“Stay together to live, split up to die. The 3rd class that will determine the winners is Speak In A Line. Each team must express the given expressions using their bodies. If the last person guesses correctly, you will win. The team who guesses the most correct in the given time wins. Good luck and mission, start.”

My team was up first. Gyeongrim held the mission card while Shinyoung was the first to come up with the actions. The card read “The Little Mermaid”. Gikwang was last and guessed correctly, earning high fives from the rest of us.

The next mission card was “The Ants and the Grasshopper” but unfortunately we messed up and Gikwang passed. When the others complained about how easy it was, he defended himself. “Why is there a dinosaur playing the guitar?”

Following that was “The Ugly Duckling”. Our team succeeded and Gikwang guessed it right.

With ten seconds left to spare, we were rushed. “Aladdin and the Magic Lamp” was our mission. We ran out of time and Gikwang randomly guessed “Arabian Nights”.

“Yah, what’s ‘Arabian Nights’? That’s a night club in Incheon!” Drama remarked, causing laughter in the room.

Desperate team managed to beat us with 3 correct answers.

We, the relaxed team, had to be dressed up.

I dressed up as Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.  

Joon was Bruce Lee, complete with a yellow exercising suit and the hair.

Gikwang was dressed up as the old and mostly bald guy from the “Gag Concert”.

And thus the filming ended.

Afterward we all changed back to our original clothes and stood there talking to each other.

I exchanged numbers with all the cast members and we all promised to get dinner while I was in Korea.

Soon I said goodbye to my new friends as Gikwang, Yoseob, and I boarded the van to go home after several hours of filming.

Today was definitely a good day. 

 

___________

 

blueberry2097 : Yup ^^ I was watching it for the first time while writing these two chapters. Originally I was going to write them based off the other OMS season 2 episode where Gikwang and Yoseob dance to MBLAQ's Again, but then I saw this. I was like "Heck Yeah." :D 

 

AND OMG. 499 VIEWS ! THANK YOU EVERYONE :D