Piece Number One: The Maze.

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

*YOUR POV*

 

I sighed as I scrolled through the channels on the TV. Nothing interesting was on!

My thumb was starting to get sore when suddenly Gikwang popped up on the screen. I leaned closer, staring at his face, trying to remember him.

“And let’s welcome our new students!” The MC was saying.

My mouth dropped open when I saw myself slide down the pole.

When did I go on a show with Gikwang?

Now that I think about it, I remember filming for this show… but I don’t recall Gikwang being there.

I continued watching the show, confused. Creepy music flooded the room, making me shiver.

That music…

Where have I heard it before?

I clutched my head.

Images started flying through my head. I was in a dark hole with thunder echoing all around me. Someone was holding me, keeping me safe.

That someone… who is it?

I furrowed my brows, thinking. No one came to mind.

Sighing, I leaned back in the bed, watching the screen.

“Pffft,” I laughed as Gikwang did something funny.

Just then the door slid open and Yoseob peeked his head inside.

“Anneonghaseyo!” I waved, happy that he came to see me.

He bowed and sat down in the chair beside me. “You look happy today,” he commented.

I pointed at the screen. “Gikwang-ssi is really funny.”

Yoseob pouted. “I’m funny too!”

I stared at the screen. Oh right, Yoseob was on the show too…

“You’re adorable,” I complimented him, making him hi-five himself.

He was in the process of helping me regain my memories when the doctor came in. “________-ssi, you’ll be discharged tomorrow.”

“Really?” My eyes bugged out in surprise.

“You’ve healed a lot faster than we thought you would,” he smiled.

Yoseob let out a loud whoop and jumped up, fist pumping the air. “What time tomorrow, doctor?”

“Around noon, I do believe. Congratulations,” he said and left.

“I’ll come pick you up!” Yoseob danced around the room with glee. Then he turned to me, his eyes filled with a mischievous glint. “Better yet, I’ll send Gikwang here.” He patted himself on the back, praising himself for being a “genius”.

“But…” I started to protest.

“No buts allowed. You and Gikwang need to spend some quality time together,” he winked.

I shrugged. “Okay…”

He stuck his arm out in front of me, holding pieces of paper. I gingerly took them from him, curious about what was written on them. My eyes widened when I recognized my handwriting.

“Dear Gikwang Oppa,” I read out loud. I continued reading the rest in my head.

I can’t believe I lost that bet. Now I have to write a letter to you every single day? Arg.

Anyways, here’s letter number one~

You better keep this forever. If I ever find one of my letters in the trash, you’ll be sorry you ever made me do this.

So how ya’ doing?

Hmmm… I’ve never written a letter to a guy before… So I don’t really know what to write about.

Thanks for taking me to eat Bu Gul Gi and to the amusement park today! The food was amazing and the maze was crazy fun. I hated how it was so dark though… and that trap thing at the end? Like seriously? Did they really have to dump us into some black hole underground, play thundering music, and give us no space to stand up in?

I would’ve fainted if you weren’t there >.< No joke.

Thanks for being my knight in shining armor! ~ Even though we were in a kinda awkward position ^^

All right. That’ll be it for this letter.

Byeeee.

From, Your Secret Admirer (Do I really have to write that?!)

AKA. XXSIlver.

I dropped the paper in shock.

So Gikwang was the man holding me in that dark space?

“Do you remember anything?” Yoseob asked eagerly.

I nodded. “I remember the amusement park, kinda.”

“WHOOOOO!”

“Ay Yoseob! Shh! There’s other patients nearby,” I pointed at the wall, smiling sheepishly.

“YOU REMEMBERED SOMETHING!”

I threw my hands over his mouth. “Yo! I said SHH! You’re going to get me in trouble,” I scolded him.

He hi-fived me. “I’m amazing,” he sang. “No one can do it like me~”

I laughed and relaxed back into my bed.

“Don’t tell him that you remember the amusement park though,” he solemnly whispered to me after he calmed down.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

“We want you to tell him when you actually remember everything that happened,” he explained.

“Ah.” That makes sense.

“Anneong!” He waved as he slipped out the door, leaving me behind to reminisce about the maze.

Gikwang…

I called you Oppa?