Bu Gul Gi and Amusement Parks

Sweet Love or Bitter Hate

 

CHAPTER SIX

(A/N: Do y’all spell it Gikwang or Kikwang? I used to spell it Kikwang… but I recently went back and watched their B2ST IS THE BEST MV and they spelled it Gikwang… so that’s how I’m spelling it in the story. >.<)

*GIKWANG’s POV*

 

What are those idiots up to? The manager purposely made sure that our only schedule of the day was filming this show with ________-ssi since it was her first day with us.

Don’t tell me… they’re trying to set us up?

I glanced at her sitting next to me. She was already nodding off into dreamland. Now that I think about it, she only landed in Korea today, right? She must be completely exhausted. I gently pushed her head onto my shoulder and gazed out the window, glancing at her every once in a while.

She seriously looked like an angel when she was sleeping. Soon I was also joining her in blissful sleep.

The next thing I knew was that I was being shaken awake by the PDs.

“Hey, Gikwang-ssi, we’re here. Wake ________-ssi up and you guys can go to dinner together.” The PDs opened the door to our van and I groaned. I wanted to sleep some more.

I turned to face ________-ssi, who was still sleeping peacefully on my shoulder. I gently nudged her. “________-ssi, time to wake up. ________-ssi, come on. Let’s go eat.”

She slowly stirred awake and blinked. “Ah, I feel asleep?” She yawned and sat up. “Thanks for letting me sleep on your shoulder.”

I flashed her a grin. “No problem. Now let’s go eat!”

I hopped out of the car and turned to help her down. There was a crowd of fans gathered around the car already and the second we came into view screams erupted. I glanced at ________-ssi to see how she reacted and to make sure she was okay. She seemed pretty used to this type of attention and she smiled up at me. We made our way through the crowd and crossed the street.

Just then, a taxi drove by. ________-ssi pulled on my arm to catch my attention and she started dancing and singing to SNSD’s new Japanese song Mr. Taxi. She looked so good!

“Mr. Taxi, Taxi, Taxi…” I joined in with her dancing and the fans exploded with even more screams.

“Lee Gikwang! Lee Gikwang! XXSilver! XXSilver!” The fans chanted our names as we bowed. We ducked into the restaurant and the waitress led us into a booth in the back of the store.

“________-ssi, you want to eat Bu Gul Gi, right?” I asked her, remembering her request.

She beamed at me with her smile that could bring out the sun on a dark winter day. I beckoned for the waitress and when she arrived, I ordered two orders of Bu Gul Gi, a mango smoothie for her, and a strawberry smoothie for me.

Then came the awkward silence. We sat there for a while not knowing what to say.

I cleared my throat. “So, ________-ssi, have you been to Korea before?”

“Only for concerts. I would fly into Korea in the morning, sleep the whole afternoon, have a concert at night, and then fly back to America. Once I had a tour in Korea. That time I basically did the same thing- I flew in, slept, had a concert, slept, stayed in the hotel, slept, had another concert, etc. I’ve never actually had a chance to sightsee around Korea before,” she explained.

My eyes lit up. “Well then, maybe this is your chance. We can show you around some!”

“Gikwang-ssi, have you been to America before?” She questioned me.

“I’ve been to LA before for concerts.”

“Oh. I remember reading about that. I really wanted to go and see everyone perform. Barely any Korean singers came to my city though,” she replied.

I thought for a minute. “Where do you live?”

“Houston, Texas.”

 

*YOUR POV*

 

“Gikwang-ssi, have you been to America before?” I can’t believe I asked him that. Of course he’s been to America- they’ve had concerts in LA before.

“I’ve been to LA for concerts,” he answered.

“Oh yeah. I remember reading about that. I was upset that you guys didn’t come to my city because I really wanted to see everyone perform. Barely any Korean singers come to my city,” I pouted. I can only recall hearing about the Wonder Girls coming to my town, along with 2PM who opened for their concert. But unfortunately for me, while all my friends went to their concert, I was on a plane to Taiwan. Not that I minded. I loved going to Taiwan.

“Where are you from?” He asked.

“Houston, Texas.” My friend once told me that his friends in California seriously thought that everyone in Texas rode on horses and dressed like cowboys. I inwardly rolled my eyes remembering that thought. Some people were really naïve.

He looked thoughtful. “Didn’t 2PM and the Wonder Girls go there one summer?”

I nodded.

Silence fell on the table once more.

Just then, the waitress returned with our food. We dug in and ate in silence. I picked up a piece of meat and gave it to one of the cameramen. Gikwang did the same. We fed all of the PDs and cameramen a piece of meat and returned to the meal.

When we finished, I patted my stomach. “That was delicious! Man, Korean food is so good!”

He grinned. “Of course our food is good.” We got up, paid, and left.

I peeked at my phone. “It’s only 6:00.”

He glanced at his watch. “Where do you want to go?”

I thought for a moment. “Are there any fun places nearby?”

“There’s an amusement park,” he suggested.

“Ga-ja!” [Let’s go!]

 

(A/N: I just realized I haven’t used any non-English phrases in a while…)

 

We got into the car and Gikwang told the driver of our next destination.

I turned to Gikwang in the car. “Do you go to amusement parks often?”

He shook his head. “Nope. I rarely have the time to.”

“Are you scared of heights?”

He hesitated. “Of course not!”

I rolled my eyes at his obvious lie.

The car pulled up into a crowded parking lot and I stared out the window.

“Gikwang-ssi… take a look at that. IT LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!” I squealed like a little kid.

He patted me on my head. “Shall we go?” Like he did before, he slid out of the car like a professional and helped me down.

He’s such a gentleman!

“Stay here,” he told me. He walked up to the ticket office and returned with two wristbands.

We walked in to the park and I instantly saw a ride I wanted to go on.

“GIKWANG-SSI! LET’S GO ON THAT ONE!” I pointed to a super fun looking house called “The Never-Ending Maze”.

“Okay!” He led the way, holding on to my hand so that we wouldn’t get separated.

There was a line before the house, but when we walked to the back of the line, everyone instantly parted and told us to go to the front.

“But…” I trailed off.

Gikwang shrugged and pulled me to the front where we were ushered into a dark room.

“THIS IS THE NEVER-ENDING MAZE. CAN YOU MAKE IT OUT ALIVE, OR SHALL YOU FOREVER BE STUCK IN HERE?” A huge mechanic voice boomed out at us. I shivered and pulled closer to Gikwang. “READY. GET SET. GO!” The door in front of us swung open silently.

And we started our journey inside.