Chapter 18

Cinderella not Juliet

The next morning, after you had woken up from your sleep, the chambermaids barged into your rooms and bowed.

"Princess ______-ah, the queen and king are wishing to see you right away,"

 

"Allright, let me get ready."

 

You dressed into your best morning dress and went to your parent's meeting room. When you got in, the maids closed the doors, a bad sign. You bowed and knelt before your parents.

"Omonim, Appanim."

"Where were you yesterday?!" Your father's voice boomed.

"I-I was in the room."

"If you were in the room, then what is this?!" He slammed down an envelope of photos.

Your hands were shaking as you reached for the pictures. There were pictures of you and Gikwang at the ridge yesterday. You were shocked at looked at your father.

"How?"

"The reporters saw you yesterday with gikwang. They aren't going to put the pictures in the magazine yet. But you have to give them an explanation."

"But we're just friends!"

"Apparently, that's not good enough. Your mother and I were disappointed in you but, we've decided." He boomed. "Since you were saved by Gikwang, you will marry him."

"MARRY?!" you shouted.

"You have to marry him, to clear this scandal. To continue the royal line."

"But, oppa hates the royal family. I can't do this!"

"Then, do you have a better idea? You've already caused enough trouble."

"Omonim! Help me!" You looked at her but she looked away.

Tears started to well in your eyes and you looked at your father. "I can't do it."

"Then, do you want Gikwang to be banished from the country?"

"Andwe! andwe! I-I-I'll do it...." you sobbed.

You ran from the room and into your own chamber. You started to sob into your pillow, *Gikwang oppa....Mian*

___________________________________________________