Fifty Five

Stranger No More

 

I didn’t sleep a wink. I tried my best not to.



At 5am sharp i got up from a sound sleeping Hyukjae and kissed him softly.

 

I quickly grabbed some clothes and changed quietly before stepping out of our room.



I went downstairs and knocked lightly on the door.



I heard movements began and Teuk with his messy bed head opened the door.



'Hae? What's up? It's still early.' He ruffled his hair, trying to arrange them unknowingly.



Massaging my temples with a slight frown, i said softly, weakly, 'Teuk... I didnt want Hyukkie to worry. But my head hurts real bad. Can you bring me to the hospital?'



'Damn it. Have you been enduring it till now? You should have said so ear-'



'Teukkie...'



'Okay! Give me a minute!'



Within the next ten minutes we were out of the house already, with Teuk driving me to the hospital.



'Teukkie can we go to the one that Hangeng is at? I felt like visiting him later.'



He didn’t find anything suspicious about my request and took me there. If there was anything I knew about Teukkie, that was, he had a really soft spot for me and unlike Kyu or Kangin, he would never pause to think about the why behind my actions. He would always just do it for me.

 

Sorry to use you like this Teukkie…



But I had no time to feel bad right now. On the way i fished out my mobile phone and text Heechul the address.



When i was done i quickly send another text to Hyukjae. Letting him know that I was out with Teuk.



I sighed. Why did I suddenly feel like this was such a bad idea?



---



There were Hyukjae's people stationed all about the hospital and damn. This was really such a bad idea.



I could never sneak Heechul in.



But i should still try.



As Teuk was about to get out from the driver seat, my hand shot forward to keep him back.

 

Please. Do it well. Be smooth.

 

‘My headache is gone now Teukkie. Uhm… Guess I kind of over reacted earlier.’ I began to rub my nape awkwardly and looked away sheepishly.

 

He inched his face towards me in concern, ‘Are you sure Hae?’

 

I nodded.

 

‘It must be Hyukkie… Keeping me up a-at ni-night…y-you know…’

 

He chuckled softly, ‘Yes well, I mean I did hear some noises after all.’

 

Damn. Awkward...

 

‘But since we are already here let’s just go and get the doctor to look you through.’

 

I shook my head at him, ‘No. No more doctors. Kind of hate them now after all the time that I had spent with them. I bet they hate seeing me too.’

 

‘Hyuk. They hate seeing him. Not you.’

 

I laughed but quickly turned serious. I held his hand, ‘But can I go see Hangeng for a moment? I…I m-mean I did talk to him before and I th-thought that might help. Let me try again? It will only take ten minutes the most.’

 

Teukkie seemed to think for a moment before he nodded and proceeded to get out from the car.

 

I halted his actions again.

 

‘Can I do this alone? It was awkward enough with Hyukkie inside with me the other time.’

 

Teuk looked at me oddly for a moment but he did agree to wait for me in the car while I walked into the hospital.



But well, there were still Hyukjae’s men stationed outside the hospital entrance.



There was no hesitating now and I could only just walk past them and entered the hospital. Wondering how the hell was I supposed to get Heechul to get inside.



The problem seemed to be solved easily when I finally saw someone in black wearing a grey cap that shadowed most his face at the corner window, knocking on it urgently to get my attention. He pointed to somewhere at the back and I nodded. Noticing it was the janitor’s room.



I went inside and helped the man pushed the window open as he climbed in.



'H-heechul?'



He lifted his cap slightly and glared at me.



I gulped. Yes. Definitely him.



'Where?' He snapped.



I could tell that the closer we were to Hangeng the more anxious and out of control Heechul seemed to be.

 

As we reached near the ward, Heechul quickly looked down as I placed my hand over his arm.

 

The men stationed outside bowed slightly as they recognised me but as I saw that they started to study Heechul more closely, I began to walk faster ahead and started to push the doors opened.



I heaved out a sigh of relief when we finally entered the ward and Heechul immediately threw my hand over his arm away harshly as he stumbled towards his unconscious lover.



My hands quickly moved to my mobile phone and I secretly pressed on a speed dial, knowing that the caller was already waiting for this call.

 

And I placed the phone in the back of my jeans, keeping the line connected.



It was also now that I suddenly realised…

 

I didn't delete the call log in Hyukjae's phone last night.



---