Fifteen

Stranger No More

 

I opened my eyes to see Eunhyuk propped up on his elbow, staring at me.

 

Suddenly embarrassed, I grabbed the duvet and pulled it over my face.

 

He laughed and tugged the duvet away a little forcefully since I was grabbing tightly onto it.

 

I saw him smiling at me once the duvet was taken away from me.

 

‘Ah my sweet Donghae, are you begging for a kiss?’ I pushed him away as I saw him inched forward.

 

‘W-what are y-you talking about...’ I suddenly stammered.  

 

He pulled me towards him into a tight hug ‘You were pouting so cutely at me. I didn’t have the heart to ignore those sweet lips.’

 

‘ert.’ I struggled myself out of his embrace and went into the bathroom.

 

I didn’t realize I had been smiling so brightly until I saw myself in the mirror.

 

Eunhyuk is back. No longer is he looking sad like last night. I grinned at I stared into the mirror.

 

After I finished my shower, I came out of the bathroom to see Eunhyuk sitting on my bed. He looked fresh and had changed into his work clothes.

 

He gestured me to move forward and grabbed my towel, he then proceeded to sit me on the bed and began towel drying my wet hair.

 

I had to control myself to stop the grin that was soon spreading across my lovesick face.

 

‘I’m meeting Hyoyeon for lunch today.’ He stated calmly as the grin disappeared on my face.

 

‘Hmm.’ I responded.

 

Eunhyuk stopped towel drying my hair and move to kneel in front of me.

 

He grabbed my hands and kissed them gently, ‘It will be just a casual lunch alright. Don’t think much about it.’

 

‘Hmm.’ I responded in the same manner again, not caring to look at his face. Trying to tell myself it was none of my business whether they met or not. Trying not to let the feeling of insecurity consumed me.

 

‘Hae… Baby, look at me.’

 

I looked up into his eyes. His eyes that was full of worry.

 

Maybe it was really just a casual lunch…

 

‘Trust me. I only belong to you.’

 

---

 

The day passed by swiftly and soon it was lunchtime.

 

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon would be meeting soon.

 

I was immediately filled with unease again. Thoughts of what could they be doing, what would have happened after they meet consumed my mind and I was filled with anxiety once again.

 

Again.

 

Eunhyuk has now suddenly been such a big part of me, even more so than before. And knowing that someone else actually also owed a part of him is enough to drive me over the edge.

 

I told him I would trust him this morning.

 

Now I realized, it had been a lie.

 

---

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

I didn’t want to be here but I had to be.

 

My thoughts wondering to Donghae once again while I’m waiting. What could he be thinking now? Would this make him push me away again? Would he really trust me?

 

Suddenly I was filled with fiery. Donghae could have accepted me easily if not for the past. Damn it. So here I am, fighting at every moment to gain his trust and affection, when it could have easily been mine to begin with.

 

‘Oppa…’ A voice droned behind me and I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders.

 

I got up from my chair, forcing Hyoyeon to release her hold on me and went to the opposite end and pushed the chair out for her to sit in.

 

She frowned slightly at my cold actions to her.

 

I sighed inwardly, I’m obviously not a good actor. I couldn’t bear to touch her or be nice to her. After what I knew she did to my Donghae in the past.  

 

Sowing seeds of discord between us, just so she could have me to herself entirely.

 

As she took her seat, I returned to mine, trying to get my anger under control before I messed it up again.

 

She is important to me. For now.

 

---

 

Donghae’s POV

 

‘Donghae, there is a long distance call for you, should I put it through?’ Tiffany asked from the doorway.

 

‘Who is it?’

 

‘Mr Choi Siwon.’

 

My heart suddenly racing wildly upon hearing the name. I straightened up and leaned forward on the chair, ‘Put him through.’

 

I found myself unable to speak as the call had been put through. No idea why Siwon is calling me now. Shouldn’t it be like late in the night over where he was?

 

‘Hae?’ His deep voice began.

 

Why is he calling me? I was suddenly nervous upon hearing his voice again.

 

‘Hae, is that you?’

 

‘… Wonnie.’

 

I heard him sighed out in relief over the other end of the call, ‘I though you couldn’t remember me already.’

 

My heart softened at that, ‘How could I?’

 

He laughed, but it seemed forced, ‘Well, I wouldn’t know. I heard you have a new man with you now. Isn’t it?’

 

You have no idea how new.

 

‘Wonnie… It has been so long. How are you?’ I asked, deciding to change the subject, i didn't want this to become awkward.

 

‘I’m coming back. For good.’

 

‘Yes I heard. You are joining our company.’

 

‘Hae…’

 

‘What’s the matter Wonnie?’ Suddenly I had a weird feeling about it. That things might not be as simple as it seemed.

 

‘I’m actually coming back. For you.’

 

---

 

‘Why are you doing this?’ I asked Kyuhyun, who is currently seated opposite me.

 

People who are oblivious to our awkward status would have thought that we were simply two friends having a casual lunch in a restaurant. That is, until they could see my expression.

 

He looked at me unblinkingly, ‘Just look at yourself. It’s written there on your face. T-r-o-u-b-l-e m-a-k-e-r.’

 

I shot to my feet, suddenly enraged at the insult.

 

‘What did you say?’ I spat angrily at him.

 

He shrugged, ‘Just continue to push Hyuk away. I thought you want to get rid of him. I was merely offering you help here my friend.’

 

‘My friend . Cho Kyuhyun, I don’t know what you are plotting but don’t mess with the lives of others.’

 

He stood up as well, his expression suddenly dark and dangerous, ‘And yet you messed with Hyuk’s.’

 

‘I did not-‘

 

‘You are going to. It’s only a matter of time. I am just trying to help us all. Think about it carefully.’

 

I could feel myself seething with anger. Who is he to say such things to me?

 

I was about to retort back when he suddenly spoke again, ‘I know your ex lover is coming back. So please, for Hyuk’s sake, just go back to your ex and end it here.’

 

---

 

A/N: HUGS EVERYONE! Love the comments and subscribers!! <3