Forty Two

Stranger No More

 

A/N: It feels good to be back! Thanks for waiting everyone!!!

 

---


Hyukjae's POV



I hate doing things behind his back. But at least i am not lying anymore.



I am still keeping my promise.



Carefully, i shut the door closed, leaving a sound asleep Donghae in our room.



I turned to Kangin, 'Look after him.'



I started to leave but his hand suddenly grabbed my arm.



'Let me go with you at least.' He said. A frown between his brows.



I shook my head at him. It wasn’t that i didn’t trust Kangin. I just didn’t want him to get involved. Who knew what Heechul would do in all his craziness? Nobody can predict him.



'Please. Donghae would be heartbroken if anything were to happen to you. I will follow you in secret. No one will know Hyuk!'



'Sshh! Do you want to wake Hae up?' I pulled Kangin downstairs.



'Nothing will happen if i go. Their target wasn’t me remember?' I continued.



'It's a trap. Why don’t you talk to Kyu? He would surely be able to think of something.'



I thought of Kyu. He had been just like a brother to me. And the next target would most likely be him. I shook my head. No. I can’t let anything happen to him. Especially now that things are getting better between him and Sungmin. Nothing must go wrong.



I patted Kangin's back.



'Don’t worry. He wouldn’t do anything to me.'



'No Hyuk. Just let me tag along. They wouldn’t let you leave so easily after.' Kangin insisted, his face concerned.



'Calm down Kangin. I got this under control.' I smirked darkly as i thought of my bargaining chips.



'I have what he wants.' I said coldly.



---

Kyuhyun's POV



As i stepped out from the corner Kangin immediately got ready into alert mode and would have started attacking me if I had not been quicker to dodge.

 

‘Whoa, way to show our close brotherhood Kangin.’ I managed to grab his wrist which had been aiming towards my face.

 

‘Damn it Kyu! Why are you hiding there?’ He dropped his hands to his sides.

 

‘I was eavesdropping. What’s going on?’

 

‘Hyuk received a call from Heechul earlier today. He wants to meet him. Alone.’

 

‘Where?’

 

‘Hyuk refused to say anything.’

 

I started to race out of the house, hoping that I would at least be able to tail after Hyuk.

 

‘Hang on.’

 

‘What?’ I snapped.

 

‘I did place a tracking device on Hyuk’s car.’ I turned and saw Kangin smirking proudly.

 

‘Update me. I will be going now.’

 

‘Wait.’

 

‘What again Kangin. I swear if you-‘

 

‘Let me go instead. You need to think about your darling boy inside. You have to be safe.’

 

I gave Kangin a squeeze on his shoulder and assured him with a smile.

 

‘Well my dear brother, where do you think Hyuk’s bargaining chips come from?’ I laughed darkly and ran out of the house immediately after.

 

---

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

Loud music was blasting all over the club house that I had just stepped in.

 

A man immediately came over and searched me through carefully before leading me into one of the private room.

 

‘Well well… Look who we’ve got here guys?’

 

Compared to the loud blasting music outside, it suddenly seemed so quiet in the room. Sound proof, of course.

 

I stared at the man who had spoken, he had such a flawless pretty face, big rounds eyes and wavy shoulder length dark hair. His looks basically screamed perfection but not his heart, nor his mind.

 

This man that I am staring now is literally a mad man.

 

I had no doubt that he had been the one to attack Donghae.

 

My fists clenched tight as I tried to control my anger and masked my expressions.

 

It is not going to be pretty if I lose it here.

 

I smirked at the man whom I had not seen for years. I had never thought that in his absence he had been plotting these.

 

I had not known that throughout all these years, one of my trust men, Hangeng, had been his damn ing lover and had literally sold us out.

 

I took a seat on the single seater couch just opposite him, settling myself back as I crossed my legs.

 

Heechul leaned forward and started studying me with a queer expression, ‘Is this the rich spoilt brat Eunhyuk or the hypocrite thief Hyukjae who stole my position from the organization?’

 

‘Ah I forgot… You are both!’ He laughed loudly and began clapping his hands as I glared at him.

 

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips, trying not to be gloated to lose my cool. That is what he wanted.

 

‘If you are so ing unhappy, be a man and come after me. Stop doing sneaky things behind our backs and harming innocent people.’ I snarled.

 

He had the decency to look shocked as his eyes widened in fake surprise and a hand clamped over his mouth.

 

‘Innocent? Who is innocent? Nobody is! Not when they are linked with you.’

 

I got to my feet, ‘Heechul.’

 

His man stepped forward but Heechul waved them back.

 

He stood as well and brought himself nearer to me.

 

He smirked darkly, ‘You know… I had wanted to do worst. Seeing how pretty your Donghae is… Aw… That …’

 

I punched his ing face there and then and his men were all over me in an instance.

 

I tried to fight them down one by one but two of them managed to grab hold of both my arms and restrained me to the walls behind.

 

Heechul stepped forward, blood leaking through the corner of his lips as he smiled at me.

 

He punched straight at my stomach, and then again and again. That smile never leaving his damn face.

 

I bit my lips hard so that he would not have the satisfaction of hearing my pained groans.

 

He was panting slightly when he was done and grabbed my shirt collar.

 

‘Without your brothers, you are just nothing. Thanks for showing me just much Donghae meant to you. Now I know what my next move is going to be my dear Hyukjae.’

 

‘Touch him and I will make sure Hangeng dies.’ I hissed back.

 

I saw him froze momentarily, his eyes suddenly lost its previous sting when he stared at me.

 

I laughed.

 

‘Hangeng is with me. Touch Donghae or anyone near me again and I will make sure to torture him long and sweet.’

 

---