Twenty Two

Stranger No More



Donghae's POV



I had gotten Tiffany to show Siwon to his office and brief him more about our current projects.



I needed some to myself right now.



My thoughts immediately shot to Eunhyuk.



My eyes snapped opened and i mentally scolded myself.


 

Why am I constantly thinking about that liar? And what had I done during the meeting just now.

 

He had looked so troubled and I just reached out to him. I had wanted to comfort him despite all that he had done to me.

 

My head start throbbing.

 

All that he had done to me?

 

What had he done exactly…

 

I suddenly realised all that he had done to me had been nothing the real Eunhyuk would do.

 

Showering me with attention, taking care of me, worrying about me, loving me, and everything that made my heart beat wildly, and my body aching for him…

 

Suddenly the words that I had pushed away to the back of my mind on that night came back to me again.

 

He said he loved me.

 

He, the man that has been with me these days, he had declared it so clearly that he loved me. And he said he had for years.

 

So that is the reason why one morning when I wake up and heard him saying something about ‘years’. So this was what he meant.

 

But, how could it be?

 

If the real Eunhyuk had a twin brother I would have known. Damn, Teukkie would have known.

 

Teukkie… Is he aware of all these?

 

 ---

 

My phone started ringing.

 

I fished out the phone from my pockets and stared at the name reflected on the caller ID and answered it immediately without much thought.

 

‘Eunhyuk?’

 

‘Where are you?’

 

My heart suddenly skipped a beat upon hearing that voice of his. Low and husky. Now I realised, the way he talked to me had been so different from the real Eunhyuk. The real Eunhyuk would have just shouted the same question in my ears.

 

I saw Siwon turned towards me slightly before he focused back onto the roads ahead.

 

‘Wonn-… S-Siwon and I are heading out for lunch.’ I worried my lips together at the near blunter.

 

There was a brief moment of silence over the other end before he spoke.

 

I was surprised by what he said.

 

‘Alright then. Enjoy your lunch.’

 

And dejected upon hearing that.

 

I hadn’t expected that. Shouldn’t he at least be just slightly jealous that I’m going out alone with my ex?

 

He said he loved me didn’t he?

 

‘What did he say?’ Siwon asked as soon as he saw that we were done talking.

 

‘Nothing. He just tells us to enjoy our lunch.’

 

One of Siwon’s hand came to rest lightly on my thigh, ‘I will make sure of that Hae.’

 

Uncomfortable at the touch, I grabbed his hand and place it back on the steering wheel, ‘You should drive carefully first.’

 

I turned back to look outside the car window, lost in my thoughts, when suddenly my message alert sounded.

 

Text me the address of the restaurant.

– Hyuk

 

I couldn’t stop the smile from spreading across my face when I read the text.

 

---

 

‘Donghae! It’s you!’ Ryewook exclaimed upon seeing me.

 

‘Hi Ryewook. Uhm, I know it’s lunchtime and I didn’t make any reservation but I know you always have a table for Eunh-‘

 

‘Come on in!’ He proceeded to grab my wrist.

 

‘Wait where is Eunhyukkie?’ Ryewook’s eyes were wide as he started looking behind me and finally noticed Siwon’s presence.

 

‘I’m here with a friend today.’

 

‘Ah… How disappointing.’ He studied Siwon for a brief moment and seemed to dismiss him just as quick as he began to lead me to a table.

 

I turned back to look at Siwon just to check if he was following and saw that his lips were pursed together, no doubt in annoyance. He was hardly the type to get ignored often after all.

 

‘I hate to leave you Donghae but I need to go check on the kitchens. Be right back with you as soon as I’m freed up!’ He patted my arm and left.

 

Siwon was looking at me intently with a displeased look on his handsome features, ‘Why do you ask me to come here?’

 

I tilted my head at him, ‘We usually come here for lunch. The food’s here is really good. And despite the restaurant always being so busy Ryewook, the owner here, will always reserve a table for us no matter what. Besides, we haven’t make any reservation at other places earlier so-‘

 

‘Reserve a table for ‘us’? Who is this ‘us’ you are referring to, Hae?’ Siwon interjected.

 

I gapped at that question. How could I be so dumb?

 

As I was figuring out my reply, the waitress came and get our orders and I had never been more glad for the intrusion.

 

Siwon didn’t pick up the menu at all so I just ordered for him based on his preferences.

 

‘Do you still like steak? Medium rare?’ I asked while still studying the menu.

 

‘You still remembered.’ I snapped my head up to look at Siwon.

 

Suddenly, for a brief moment as I was looking down at the menu, I had thought it was me and Eunhyuk again.

 

But I’m here with Siwon. Not Eunhyuk.

 

Lee Donghae. Focus will you. Stop thinking about that liar.

 

‘Yes of course. Why not?’ I answered as I remembered his question.

 

I turned back to the waitress and gave her our orders.

 

Siwon was smiling now, ‘What else do you remember? How about that time during my detention, in order to accompany me there you actually insulted the discipline master in front of the entire class. That had been such big news in school. You were suddenly famous.’

 

I started to laugh at that memory, ‘Yes it was so hilarious! I couldn’t think of what methods to use to get into detention and besides, the discipline master is always picking on you! I simply gave him a piece of my mind. Getting into detention had never been more enjoyable!’

 

As our food arrived, we started reminiscing about the past and what kind of troubles we would get into back in school.

 

I had been enjoying myself, just like the good old days.

 

Suddenly Siwon’s hand was upon mine and he grabbed it tight.

 

‘But can we still go back to then?’ The smile was gone from his face, his gaze suddenly intent as they bored into mine.

 

I knew what he was asking.

 

I stared down at his hand which was upon mine and muttered softly.

 

‘Not in that way, Wonnie.’

 

He started my hand and I looked back at him when he remained silent.

 

‘I will still try. Just like back then. You liked another boy then but I still managed to have you fallen for me in the end isn’t it?’ A slow smile appeared on his charming face.

 

‘But you will not be dealing with just another boy right now. Get your ing hand off him.’ Eunhyuk was suddenly at our table, his gaze fierce and intense as he glared at Siwon.

 

I tugged my hand away from Siwon’s tight grip but to no avail.

 

Seeing this, Eunhyuk grabbed onto Siwon’s shoulder and I saw the latter cringed as the latter’s hold on my hand loosened immediately.

 

I stared wide eyed at him as Eunhyuk turned to me and began releasing his hold on Siwon’s shoulder.

 

Wordlessly, he linked his hand with mine and began walking out of the restaurant. I could only follow his lead.

 

I tried to look behind me trying to find Siwon but couldn’t see much as we turned into a corner.

 

We walked past Ryewook who seemed to look very excited at the scene he witnessed earlier.

 

‘Charge only Donghae’s bill to my account.’ Eunhyuk said to him as we exited the place.

 

---

 

A/N: All is fair in the game called ‘love’~~~ =D