Ten

Stranger No More

A/N: Too many lovely comments for Chapter 8, so a double update today!

Please go read the previous chapter if you have not done so!~

 

---

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

 

It had only begun to get better.

 

Please. Please don’t let anything bad happen now. Or later. Nothing bad. Please. Damn it!

 

‘You need to calm down. He might walk in anytime you know.’

 

I glanced at Kyu and scoffed. He didn’t look any better than me either. But I’m not going to point that out now. I had more important matters to take care off.

 

‘Keep a close watch on him. Keep a very close watch on him.’

 

‘Donghae might have already spoken to him for all you know.’

 

I stood, not knowing what my next actions were going to be. But I just couldn’t sit still right now. Would Donghae really call him? What if-

 

‘I need to go and see Donghae now.’ I walked towards my office door, with a destination in mind.

 

---

 

Donghae’s POV

 

I realized I couldn’t work at all. All the sales target figures staring at me right now, begging for my attention yet I couldn’t make my brain function at all.

 

Teuk’s words continued to resound in my head.

 

Instead of sales figures, I am seeing Eunhyuk’s face. That flawless milky white skin of his. His crooked smile, the way he drawled, the warmth I felt in his embrace, and the episode this early morning. How his lips felt when-

 

I felt my face burning all of a sudden and my body suddenly warm.

 

I sat back against the chair, leaned my head back and closed my eyes. But I only saw more of him.

 

I shot to my feet when I heard knocks on my office door and saw the doorknob turning.

 

My eyes widened.

 

Did I just magically make him appear to me right now purely by my thoughts of him?

 

‘What is it? W-Wh-Why are you here?’ Damn, why am I suddenly stuttering?

 

He flashed a smile at me. A smile that doesn’t reach his eyes. Something is wrong here.

 

‘Lunch?’

 

I raised an eyebrown at that, ‘Did you just ask me if you can take me out for… Lunch?’

 

I couldn’t prevent myself from chuckling, ‘By now I would have imagined you coming in, grab my hands and just bringing me to the dining table already.’

 

He started approaching me slowly, his hand going behind him and pushed the door shut as he moved forward.

 

‘Are you taunting me now Hae?’  His voice suddenly low and seductively. His eyes narrowed darkly and I saw his gaze sweep through my entire body in an agonizingly slow pace.

 

Is… Is he checking me out?

 

I sat down immediately and folded my arms across my chest. Turning my attention to the sales figures on my desk.  And… failing. I continued to sense his penetrating stare. How did this man do it? He wasn’t even doing anything yet I couldn’t help but be seduced by him.

 

I sighed audibly and looked up, ‘What exactly do you want?’

 

He continued staring at me, his gaze boring deep into my eyes. I had to blink rapidly and then looked away before I got in any deeper.

 

‘You know what I want.’ He slurred meaningfully.

 

I choked back a cough and pulled myself to my feet, ‘Alright. Lunch then. Let’s go shall we?’

 

Damn him. Damn him and the way he asked that so suggestively.

 

---

 

‘Why is he here?’

 

I whipped my head around and spotted Sungmin, I quickly waved to get his attention. He returned my smile with a big grin of his but upon seeing Eunhyuk, that grin ceased.

 

‘I was supposed to lunch with him today.’ Good job Donghae! At least it wouldn’t be full of now. At least for lunch.

 

Sungmin you are totally my savior.

 

We had our lunch awkwardly, with Eunhyuk glaring at Sungmin whenever he’s not looking and Sungmin talking to me and acting like Eunhyuk didn’t exist. It was as awkward as a lunch could possibly get. Not going to do this again anytime soon I guessed.

 

---

 

 Eunhyuk’s POV

 

I felt that I could finally breathe easy now.

 

Nothing is wrong.

 

Yet.

 

Donghae is still Donghae.

 

Still dodging my advances on him but at least still attracted. If he had said anything to Donghae earlier, Donghae wouldn’t even want to look at me ever again.

 

‘Why are you at my seat?’

 

Kyuhyun was on my seat, tapping furiously on my laptop. I settled back in the couch in my office. Feeling mentally exhausted already. My thoughts wondering to Donghae once again.

 

‘I need to up the security on your laptop. Just in case.’

 

I waved at him, gesturing him to continue whatever he had been doing.

 

‘You should read that file. Some new changes in your company. A Sales Director had just been transferred back from overseas. He’s coming back next week. You might be interested in him.’

 

I grabbed the file and opened it. A handsome face in the photo smiling back at me. I suddenly had an ill feeling about this. Donghae is in charge of the Sales Department.

 

‘Sales director?’ I continued reading his profile.

 

‘Yes. Choi Siwon.’ There was a long pause before Kyu continued again, ‘Donghae’s ex.’

 

---

 

A/N: Will be having a long day tomorrow so not sure if there’s going to be time for any update. Thus a double update today! ^^

 

Please comment and let me know how you guys think!