Forty One

Stranger No More



Donghae's POV



Peaceful quiet days had passed by since i learned all about Hyukjae's past.



I was frightened upon some tales and worried at some. Most of all i am grateful that despite the harsh conditions he had to mould himself to fit into, we still managed to find our way to each other’s heart.



Teukkie has been coming by frequently as he and Kangin rotated their shift to watch over us inside the house.



I also realised Kyuhyun had always been disappearing mysteriously very recently these days.



'They are sleeping together.' Hyukjae said as I voiced the thought out.



I started choking and coughed my food out onto the dining table.



'Oh my goodness Donghae!'



He was immediately rubbing my back as i clutched my chest painfully.



It’s a good thing I recovered fast for I could now withstand the pain better.



Hyukjae took a napkin and wipe my mouth while telling me to breathe in and out slowly.



My now already healed hand grabbed onto his, 'No. You said they are sleeping together. I-I need to go talk to Min.'



'Relax Hae.' He put his arms around me, 'They are just sleeping together. Not ing.'



I choked again at his words.



I shook my head violently to clear the mental images of my Min and Kyuhyun together in that sense. I could barely imagine that.



'Hyukkie.'



'Yes love?'



'Kyu... He is serious about my Minnie right?'



His gaze turned from tender to laser like in a split second as he held me closer.



'What did you say?'



I frowned at the tone of his voice.



'I asked if Kyuhyun is serious about my Minnie. Hyukkie what's wrong with you. You are scaring me.'



He quickly relaxed his tight hold on my shoulders.



'You said 'your minnie'. Don’t say that. I hate it.' He quickly looked away.



I looked at him disbelievingly and suddenly recalled the first time he saw Sungmin, he had overreacted when i called him 'Minnie' didnt he?



I chuckled suddenly.



'What!' He snapped.



'You are such a jealous freak!'



He widened his eyes as i saw his mouth opened and closed but unable to mutter a word.



I laughed harder. Feeling the ache in my ribs increased but could do nothing to stop it.



'Hae...' He warned as i struggled to keep my laughter under control.



'Okay.. My one and only lovely Hyukkie. Can you please answer me already?' I teased.



He leaned forward and pinched my nose, 'If it weren't for your injuries I would have punished you already.'



'Oh! Punish me how? I'm scared my Hyukkie!'



I started bursting in another fit of laughter again as he continued to look at me. The ghost of a smile tugging the corner of his lips.



He pulled me into his arms, 'You are so crazy you know.'



'I think I caught that from  you!' I protested as I hit his chest hard.



---



Whoa. Serious about Minnie?



Serious is an understatement as i saw Kyuhyun carried Sungmin from the bedroom to the dining table and seat him carefully on the chair opposite me.

 

And Sungmin wasn’t even wearing a leg brace anymore.

 

He then fussed about Sungmin constantly and continued to grab food and drink for him. He barely ate as he kept sneaking peeks over as if to ascertain that the food is to his liking.

 

Wow.



Cho Kyuhyun.



You can actually turn into such a man. I'm impressed.



And Minnie too.

 

I couldn’t stop a smile from spreading across my face.



Minnie looked absolutely love struck.



This accident actually turned out well for them.

 

I turned to Hyukjae and reached my hand over to hold onto his. He grabbed my holds tight immediately as I felt my own expression reflecting that of Minnie's.



Dense as i was, i knew there was danger ongoing. Even though I am clueless as to what could possibly be going on outside of the house. But as long as Hyukjae is here with me i know we would be safe, he would be safe. And that’s all that matters.

 

As long as he doesn’t leave my side here in the house, as long as he is constantly by my side, I know no harm will come to him.



I grabbed his hands tighter and leaned my head on his shoulder.

 

He has already become my everything.

 

My entire world.

 

Nothing must happen to him.

 

---