Fifty One

Stranger No More



As I watched Hyukjae played with my fingers in bed I started forming the question in my head.



'Hyukkie?'



'Yes love?'



'Where did you and Kyu go yesterday evening?' I asked softly.



He sighed and pulled my hand to lie on his chest while he held it tight.



'We went to the hospital to see Hangeng.'



'He's here? In Seoul?'



He nodded.


'How is he?'



'Not good. Not good at all Hae. He is in a coma. Nobody knows if he could ever wake up.' He said, a frown forming between his brows.



'Does Heechul know?'



Hyukjae laughed humourlessly.



'I've been avoiding his calls. I wanted to wait till i can see for myself Hangeng's condition. But judging by the ways things are, it doesn’t change a thing. It doesn’t matter that Hangeng is alive. He is basically a living dead.'



'It matters Hyukkie! Of course it matters. And you still need to let Heechul know. They are lovers Hyukkie... Surely you would know how desperate Heechul is going to be.'



He shook his head, 'No Hae. The sooner he knows the faster we would be in danger again. He is unpredictable. But one thing I’m sure of is that if he learns of Hangeng condition, he will start attacking. I'm trying to buy us more time here.'



I leaned up and looked over at Hyukjae, my hand began to his face.



'Hyukkie... You are too rational sometimes. Put yourself in his shoes, surely you would want to know about my condition if i was ever injured right? Heechul deserves to know.'



His eyes narrowed darkly and angrily just then and i retracted my hand from his face slowly.



'H-hyukkie...? Wha-what's wrong?' I stuttered slightly at his expression.



His arms lifted up and grabbed my shoulders. Pushing me flat on my back onto the bed.



He shook my shoulders.



'I experienced just that Donghae. Have you forgotten already? I died a little every time i see you ing lying motionlessly in that damn hospital bed!' He hissed, 'And now I want Heechul to feel exactly the same.'



Meeting his fierce gaze I tried speaking calmly, 'But he went through months thinking Hangeng was dead. Months Hyukkie...'



He suddenly got up from the bed and I tried to ignore his y state as I forced myself to look at his face instead.



'It's not about them. It's about us. I'm trying to keep us all safe here damn it.'



And with that he stormed into the bathroom.



I sighed out loud.



How sweet.



A fight early in the morning.



---



As I came out from my shower at the adjoining room's bathroom, Hyukjae was already leaning outside, waiting for me.



With just my bathrobe on, he pulled a somewhat wet me into his arms.



'I'm sorry baby. I shouldn't have snapped at you earlier.' He whispered tenderly.



I jabbed a finger in his chest area, 'So what are you going to do?'



He pulled us apart slightly and looked at me, 'Hae. I can't let Heechul know.'



I smoothed my hands over his chest, 'All right. But I want to do something.'



'Anything.'



'I want to see Hangeng.' I looked into his eyes.



He looked confused but nodded.



And then he proceeded to lean near me with a seductive half smile that never ceased to make my heart pound faster every time.



His lips hovering close to mine as his hands pulled my bathrobe away, letting it dropped to the floor silently.

 

‘Get away from me you ert!’ I laughed and shoved him away. His jaw dropped slightly in shock.

 

As best as I could manage in my current state, I put on my robe and dashed out of the room.

 

‘Who was the one who seduce me so hotly last night!’ I heard him yelled.


---