Fifty Three

Stranger No More

 


Kyuhyun's POV



The parcel came in earlier today while Hyuk and Hae were out visiting Hangeng.



I suppressed a smile from spreading across my face. After all, with Hyuk now being paranoid about the contents of the DVD i should at least show some empathy.



But surprisingly the parcel that came had made Kangin finally had his first interaction with Teuk since the latter left us.



Kangin thought he had hidden his emotions well but i knew better. More than anyone of us, he was the most heartbroken when Teuk chose to leave us.



'Kyu, why do you keep sneaking around these days?' Sungmin whispered softly beside me earlier this evening.



I quickly pulled my lover to hide together with me somewhere behind the thick curtains and signalled for him to watch the scene in front.



However I couldn’t help but fight my body's reaction when Sungmin started to encircle his arms around my waist as he poked his head out to look at Teuk when he received the parcel.



Sudden sounds of footsteps rushing towards Teuk had me snapping out of my trance of being in my Min's arms as I saw a panic looking Kangin rushed over to Teuk.



He grabbed the parcel out of Teuk's hands.



'It could be a bomb for all you know!' He exclaimed.



Teuk rolled his eyes, 'Then this must be the world's lightest bomb ever.'



Ignoring Teuk's sacarstic remark, Kangin took the parcel to the living room area and started to lift the lid.



'Can we go over now Kyu? I want to see.' Sungmin whispered against my chest as he turned back to look at me.



Feeling as if my throat had suddenly gone dry, I unwittingly cleared my throat to get my voice back to answer him.



'Who's that!' Kangin shouted and Sungmin quickly jumped out of my arms and we both walked out from our hiding place.



'What the hell Kyu. Why are you constantly sneaking up behind me?'



I gave him a dismissive shrug and pulled Sungmin to me, quickly bending down to peck on his nose.



'We were just making out over that before you got so panicky and ran to Teuk earlier.' I said. A smirk slowly appearing at the corner of my lips.



'Go make out in your room then. I swear, you might be worst than Hyuk when it comes to this.' Kangin complained. His features showing his annoyance fully.



A chuckle was heard and Teuk drew near towards us, 'Well well i think i can understand. Sungmin is so cute after all.'



'Teuk...' Both me and Kangin warned together in a low stern voice at his comment.



I felt Sungmin tugged on my hand and saw him flicking his stare towards the parcel.



Getting his hint we walked nearer to the parcel, 'What's that?'



'It came from Crazy Heechul.' Teuk said, all smiles ceasing from his handsome face.



---



Hyukjae was seemingly tensed as he watched Donghae picked the DVD up from the parcel and inserted it into the laptop.



Donghae was standing beside Hyukjae, who was currently seated right in front of the laptop staring in full attention at the screen.



Teuk and I were standing beside them both, ready to render them our silent support when the time came.



And it will come.



Soon.



The screen started showing roads at a traffic intersection junction where car were just moving about as usual. As like any other roads.



But this wasn’t just any other roads.



This was the exact location where we got hit.



Donghae put his hand over Hyukjae's tensed shoulders and began softly, 'Hyukkie... Maybe you shouldn't watc-'



Hyukjae shot to his feet when Siwon's car sped into view and Donghae had his hand clamped over his mouth as things started moving lighting fast all of a sudden.



A lorry drove across causing Siwon's car to brake.



We were basically reliving the accident all over again.



This time with a much clearer view as the video zoomed into the passengers' that were in Siwon's car. The image wasn’t clear, neither was the angle but the impact remained as we managed to see the accident unfolded from another point of view.



Siwon's seatbelt got caught and before he had time to pull Donghae to his side just like i had pulled Sungmin to mine, another car started to crush into Donghae's side, causing screams of fright and fear to erupt.



The car had reversed and had been about to crash into Donghae's side again when it suddenly jammed brake and then sped off in another direction.



And the screen went blank again.



Staring at the now blank monitor screen we all realised, although Heechul had thought we caused Hangeng’s death, he never seemed to want to kill Hae, or any of us...



'T-that... I n-never saw that... What h-happened?' Donghae asked shakily before a shell shocked Hyukjae who looked like he was about to have a panic attack.



'And that is why Hyuk you should return his calls now.' I said.


 

No matter how unbelievable it seemed, I hoped with all my heart that there might just be a slight little chance that Heechul might not be as crazy, or as cruel as we might have thought.

 


---