Nine

Stranger No More


'What are you doing? Come out, Hae.' Eunhyuk stretched his arm forward and was about to grab my hand and pulled me out of the car.


'I said it's fine. Please just go up with Kyuhyun first. I will get Mr Kim to drive me around the area first before i go in.' I remained in the backseat of the car while Eunhyuk and an annoyed Kyuhyun were waiting for me to get out.


We were now just outside the office building entrance. For a moment i wondered if Eunhyuk knew what was he doing. Asking me to walk together with them into the office lobby?


He would never do such thing. What would the employee speak of him? After all he had a reputation to take care of.


But i should have known. Ever since he is back, life has been full of surprises.


He tugged on my hands and continued pulling me out.


I heaved a sigh in defeat and got out. Hopefully he wouldn't regret doing this.


I stared down at his hand that was still holding onto mine, 'You can let go now.'


'Why should i?' Eunhyuk started towing me towards Kyuhyun’s who had already started walking into the office lobby.


I snatched my hand away and walked forward quickly. Following after Kyuhyun.


Perhaps he knocked his head too hard in the accident. It has got to be this way because there was simply no other explanation to his odd behaviours.


Did he really just suggest that he wanted to hold my hands and strolled into the office earlier?


I shook myself inwardly. Hardly able to believe what had happened.

 

‘I wonder if Teukkie is back.’ I thought out loud in the lift. Teukkie used to be Eunhyuk’s personal assistant before he decided to go on a break just before Eunhyuk’s trip to Hong Kong.

 

I never really thought myself as a very observant person before. But right now from the corner of my eye, I saw Kyuhyun reached forward to hold onto Eunhyuk’s right arm and saw him shook his head slightly at Eunhyuk.

 

I didn’t even want to think about what that meant anymore. Just one of their secret signals I guessed.

 

‘Well, of course not. If he is back, would I need Kyu here?’  Eunhyuk answered teasingly, earning a scoff from Kyuhyun.

 

‘Speaking about Kyuhyun, when did you get him to be your new personal assistant? I’ve never seen him before until now.’

 

‘Ah, Kyu… We went way back.’ He drawled, ‘We were high school classmates. I just thought of him when I realised Teuk would be gone for a while.’ Eunhyuk shrugged and glanced at Kyuhyun, ‘But obviously this new personal assistant of mine has a lot of attitude problem, but I have to say, he is a genius in what he does.’

 

Kyuhyun smirked.  Apparently very pleased with what he heard.

 

‘But I miss Teukkie… I wonder how is he now. Maybe I should give him a call later.’

 

‘Hell no!’

 

Both Kyuhyun and I were taken aback by that.

 

Before I could question on Eunhyuk’s reaction, Kyuhyun slapped Eunhyuk’s back with a loud smack, ‘Ha, jealous aren’t you. Control yourself Hyuk.’

 

Eunhyuk straightened himself immediately upon hearing that and cleared his throat. His earlier calm and relaxed demeanour suddenly gone. I could see tension in his body language now. And not just him, but Kyuhyun as well. His earlier actions to Eunhyuk seemed stiff to me too.

 

What are they hiding?

 

‘I’m not. I- I just spoke to Teuk not long ago. He said he is enjoying his break and doesn’t want anyone to disturb.’

 

The lift door opened then and it was my floor. Still feeling weird out and slightly confused over Eunhyuk’s behaviour, I walked out and waved them goodbye. Choosing to ignore all that for now.

 

Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile at me and send a flying kiss to me just as the lift door shut.

 

Is this what they called bipolar?

 

Panicky one moment and then playful in the next. Flustered now then relaxed later.

 

Lee Eunhyuk. You are seriously weird.

 

And… So are you, Cho Kyuhyun.

 

---

 

So here I was, sitting in my office. Holding the phone in one hand, thinking if I should make the call.

 

Both Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun’s actions earlier started playing in my mind again and I decided to dial the numbers.

 

They were just too weird.

 

‘Hae!’

 

‘Teukkie! How are you, I miss you!’ I’m so delighted upon hearing Teukkie’s voice.

 

Teukkie had always been like a brother to me, a pillar of support for me everytime I had wanted to leave Eunhyuk. He was always there for me, giving me courage and support to hang on to Eunhyuk, to believe in him.

 

Despite the events that eventually played out that made me lose my faith in Eunhyuk, I was still full of gratitude to Teukkie, knowing that whatever he did, he had my best interests at heart.

 

I really missed him. If he were here he would surely help me decipher why is Eunhyuk acting the way he is now.

 

‘I’m enjoying my break of course! I am now in Las Vegas. Hopefully I wouldn’t turn into some gambling addict.’

 

I chuckled at his dark humour.

 

‘Teukkie… I want to know something.’ I decided to go straight to the point.

 

‘Yes Hae? Is anything wrong?’

 

Is anything wrong? No. Yes. Maybe. No. Ah, yes! I don’t know!

 

‘It’s about Eunhyuk.’

 

There was silence over the end of the call.

 

‘… Teukkie, are you there?’

 

‘A-ah yes yes I am. What about him?’ I could sense Teukkie’s seriousness judging from his sudden low tone.

 

I sighed, ‘He is so weird. I don’t understand him sometimes.’

 

‘How weird?’

 

‘Like… Like a different person?’ I confessed. Not that I didn’t like it, but I just need to get this off my chest, to finally confess my thoughts to someone who knew Eunhyuk deep down.

 

‘Good or bad?’

 

Very good. Too good that it scares me.

 

‘Good. I think… And, he is…’ I couldn’t bring myself to say the words.

 

‘He is… What? Don’t leave me hanging Hae.’

 

‘Ugh… He- H- He’s actually… Sweet.’ Oh did I just say that? I felt my face burning in embarrassment.

 

I heard immediate laughter and pouted in response. Not realising that Teukkie couldn’t even see me right now.

 

‘Then it’s great darling! What are you so fearful about?’

 

Cause he scares me!

 

 He made me experienced emotions and feelings that I thought I had forgotten. I’m afraid that once he had me again he would chuck me away just as soon. I would break apart if that were to happen.

 

‘No… I’m not fearful. I’m just… thinking. Thinking how could a person change so much.’

 

There was a brief silence before Teukkie spoke again.

 

‘Donghae, you know that I’m always on your side, so listen hard and start thinking about what I say right now.’

 

I nodded. Once again forgetting that he couldn’t see me. ‘Yes, okay.’

 

‘Donghae, realise this, Eunhyuk, he was alone, helpless in a foreign country, and had been in a near death situation. Surely that had been traumatic enough for him. A man would definitely want to change for the better after experiencing such a thing. Because at that near death moment, he would realise what it is that he couldn’t bear to leave behind. And my dear, the thing that he couldn’t bear to leave behind, is you.

 

---

 

A/N: How is everything so far? And by the way Teuk will be playing a rather important role in this. A role that I reallllyyyyyyyy love. Hee hee heeeeee… I better shut up now =X

 

Things will get more complicated before it gets… even more complicated clear again. LOL really should shut up already.

 

Once again please comment and subscribe!

 

(may or may not have a double update today! still writing right now as we speak~~)