Twenty Four

Stranger No More



Donghae's POV



I could hardly believed what i had just heard.



Is he really speaking the truth now?



A sudden memory came to me, 'T-t-the DNA report... It showed that you are E-eunhyuk...'



I felt a pang of heartache upon speaking his name. How foolish i had been. Thinking that this man holding me right now had been the Eunhyuk that i had been with for the past few years when they are so strikingly different in character and personality.



‘It was Kyu. He doctored the results of that report.'



Another of his lies uncovered.



'H-how did he die...' I whispered softly. Feeling the heartache inside growing slowly.



I felt him pressed me closer to him.



'It had indeed been an accident which i was also involved in. Kyu was the one who managed to track me down. But my brother, he...'



I rubbed his back soothingly when I felt him trembling slightly, 'Don't say anymore.'



I knew this was like reopening old wounds and hurting him once again.



Now i understood why Eunhyuk had been making frequent trips to Hong Kong. So it was because of...



'You haven't told me your name.'



'Lee Hyukjae.'



I closed my eyes as my body suddenly felt weightless.

 

My mind in a conflict of emotions.



'J-just... take me home...'



I let him put his arm around my shoulders as we slowly walked our way back to the car.



We didn’t speak a word throughout the entire journey back.



When i pushed the door open to enter my room, Eunh- H-Hyukjae suddenly grabbed my hand.



'Hae... Can I?' He asked hesitantly.



I smiled weakly, 'Haven’t you always?'



I entered into my room with his hand still on mine. Turned out that i was the one pulling him in.



I wanted him with me.

 

I didn’t care anymore if what I am doing is right or wrong. I just needed him there to comfort me, and I wanted to be around him, to comfort him too.

 

We had both lost someone dear to us after all.


I moved to the bed together with him and we sat together in the middle.



I stared at his face, subconsciously trying to spot the differences.



But it was the same.



The same pair of single eyelids, the sharp nose, plump lips, flawless skin. Jet black hair. Broad shoulders and then everything else was hidden by his clothes.



It was then that i realized i had not seen Eu- Hy-Hyukjae without his clothes on.



I blinked. Shocked at my own thoughts. As innocent as it had began as distorted as it had suddenly turned into.



The room suddenly felt warm and it was getting somewhat hard to breathe.



I looked down at the bed in shame.



I barely know this man. Yet i had such a strong attraction towards him.



I saw his hand reached forward slowly and tilted my chin up, making our eyes meet.



'Don’t look away. Let me look at you. For the past 3 years… all I can see of you were only photographs and videos. So please, just let me look at you.' His fingers my cheek gently, hesitantly.

 

My heart softened upon his words. How had it been for him?

 

I never knew, there could be someone else wanting me too. I never knew about his existence. How had he remained in the dark all these while?

 

I thought of what he told me earlier, what he had been through all these time and my heart clenched painfully for him.

 

Why is life so unfair to him?

 

I swallowed hard, suddenly finding myself choke full of emotions.

 

He didn’t deserve any of this at all. He didn’t need to carry Eunhyuk’s past sins on him. But that was exactly what I have been doing to him. Blaming him for everything that Eunhyuk had done.

 

And what had he done? He simply took all the nonsense that I throw at him.

 

I couldn’t bear to see him looking like this any longer.

 

I had to finally admit it.

 

I had fallen, I had fallen for you, Lee Hyukjae.

 

When we first met I already did.

 

Can I make this right for him? For us?

 

'Hyuk... Do you remember when we first met, you promised you would never fail me. Are you promising on Eunhyuk's behalf or your own?'



'I meant every word that I said to you. My identity might be fake but when I am with you, i am real. My feelings my actions they are real. They reflect what i feel for you Hae. I will not. Fail. You. I would hurt myself before I let anyone or even myself to hurt you.' He said, his eyes reflecting his promise as they bored into mine.



I inched forward, slowly I lifted my hand and place it over his heart.



'No more lies Hyukjae. No more.'



He covered his hand over mine that was over his heart.



In the most intense way ever, he promised fiercely, 'Never again, I swear.'



He leaned forward and sealed that promise with a kiss on my lips.



---

 

A/N: Double update by tonight! Hang on and please comment~~