Twenty Five

Stranger No More

 

A/N: Double update! So go back for previous chapter if you haven’t read it yet. =)

 

---

 

‘Whoa! What’s this? So you guys kissed and make up.’ Kyuhyun exclaimed as he prepared to enter the house.

 

‘Shut up Kyu.’ Hyukjae said as he continued to adjust the coat over me.

 

Kyuhyun cocked an eyebrow and continued staring at us with an amused expression.

 

‘You haven’t thanked me yet.’ He smirked at Hyukjae.

 

‘Hae, let’s go.’ He took my wrist and started leading me out of the house.

 

Just as Kyu was about to shut the door, Hyukjae shouted out, ‘Dress well Kyu! And enjoy your date tonight!’

 

‘What date?’ I turned to Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae flashed a half smile at me. My heart jumped at the sight. Why is he so charming?

 

‘Really Hae, I wish I could tell you right now. But I don’t want to spoil the surprise.’

 

‘Why? Noooooooo. Tell me please.’ I pleaded.

 

‘Damn it. Don’t use this on me. I can’t say it.’ He stopped walking abruptly and turned towards me.

 

He was suddenly dangerously close to my lips as he whispered, ‘We should enjoy our date now baby. So just focus on me alone from now on.’

 

---

 

Sungmin’s POV

 

Of all places. He choose this?

 

Just then the door slid open and I saw Kyuhyun. I raised my brow at his attire. It seemed very well put together… Just that, it doesn’t really suit him.

 

Really, he is too tall to pull this off as stylish or whatever he wanted it to be.

 

‘Hope you like this place, you like Japanese food don’t you?’ He started to cross his legs and sit down opposite me.

 

I furrowed my brows together, ‘And how would you know that?’

 

I watched his expression changed from neutral to surprise before he quickly caught himself.

 

‘Donghae! He told me. Yes, he is the one who told me that.’

 

‘And you are actually on friendly terms with Hae?’ I was getting more confused by the moment. From what I gathered from Hae, Kyuhyun doesn’t even seem to be able to tolerate his presence, much less talk about… my food preferences.

 

He sighed audibly, ‘Min, what do you want to know?’

 

Min? Since when did we get this close?

 

‘Oh really. So I’m supposed to call you ‘Kyu’? Seriously Cho Kyuhyun are you bipolar? Is that why you are treating Hae this way?’

 

He ran his hand through his brown locks and ruffled them in frustration.

 

‘Why am I so ing bad at this.’ I heard him muttered.

 

Just then a waitress came in and took our orders, I ordered just something light. I didn’t really plan on staying long enough to have a real full dinner with this guy that I barely knew.

 

‘Is that enough? You should eat more, your anemia you sh-‘

 

His voice trailed off the moment I glared at him and narrowed my eyes.

 

‘I’ll have the same then.’ He told the waitress and we were by ourselves again.

 

He started drumming his fingers on the table nervously.

 

‘What do you want to know? I will tell you.’ He said.

 

I sighed. I suddenly felt bad at being so hostile to him. He had been nothing but nice to me after all.

 

‘I just want to know if Eunhyuk had indeed changed. Will he be true this time? Because if not, then let Hae go. He had already moved on. But then Eunhyuk had to come back again.’

 

‘Eunhyuk is dead, Min.’ He stated calmly.

 

Does he take me for a fool? I was about to retort to that when he spoke again.

 

‘They are twins. The real Eunhyuk died in Hong Kong. I was the one who switched their identities when I found them.’

 

I was speechless, hardly able to believe what I had heard. I felt my mouth opened and closed again. I couldn’t get any words out.

 

He leaned forward, coming closer to me, ‘The man with Donghae right now has been in love with him for years. Years. Think about this. Hyukjae can finally have a shot at his first happiness in life, and, maybe Donghae’s too. Let us both help them out together, Min.’

 

‘H-H-Hyukjae…?’ I stammered.

 

‘I know you will not do anything to harm Donghae. I have seen how you have supported him and protected him all these years. And this time, we can finally really make it right for them. Min, are you with me on this?’

 

‘I… I don’t know.’ I need to talk to Hae first. There was suddenly too much information for me to digest.

 

‘I will give you time. But, I need you.’ I snapped my gaze to him at that.

 

His dark gaze bored right into mine, ‘I really need you, Min.’

 

I gulped uneasily when he suddenly smiled hesitantly, ‘To help me out, with this.’

 

‘I need you…’ His words seemed to echo in my head.

 

Damn it.

 

No way.

 

My heart did not just start racing wildly inside me. No way.

 

----