Twenty Six

Stranger No More

 

Donghae’s POV

 

Seriously, our first date.

 

How cheesy can it get. We are now waiting in line to get our movie tickets when I recalled our moments in my room earlier.

 

‘Go on a date with me.’ He whispered when our lips parted.

 

I could only smile as I nodded.

 

‘What do you want to do?’ I asked.

 

‘Something that I had always wanted to do together with you.’ He narrowed his eyes darkly.

 

My breath got hitched in my throat.

 

‘W-what is it.’ I stuttered helplessly. My mind suddenly wandered to that night when we were in such heated passion at the living room downstairs.

 

‘You are blushing Hae, what are you thinking?’ He reached his hand forward.

 

I slapped that hand away and pulled away from him.

 

‘If you are still not telling then the date is off.’

 

‘Movie.’ He said urgently.

 

And this was how we ended up here. I chuckled at that memory. Movie. Seriously.

 

His had his arm around my shoulders and pulled me towards him slightly, ‘What are you thinking again?’

 

I snorted, ‘You, of course! So the thing you had always wanted to do with me is to catch a movie together? That simple, Hyukjae?’

 

He actually had the decency to look shy even. Which got me giggling.

 

‘You never knew. Just the simplest thing, if it’s done together with you, would bring me much joy. After all these years, I had gotten used to just looking at you from afar. Simple things like just holding your hands had been like an unattainable goal for me.’ He said softly.

 

I reached over to hold his hand, ‘I’m sorry…’

 

He looked at me and started smiling, ‘Don’t be silly baby! You didn’t even know anything. Just know that I’m going to treasure every moment with you now.’

 

‘So that is why you are always unable to keep your hands off me!’ I exclaimed.

 

He pinched my nose lightly, ‘Admit it. You like it.’

 

Yes I did. But I’m not going to admit it.

 

---

 

Watching the scene unfold in front of me, I suddenly couldn't help but chided Hyukjae inwardly for choosing a horror movie. And why did i have to act like i am not afraid of watching?



Something in the scene moved suddenly and i jumped slightly in my seat. My grip on the big cup of popcorn tightened.



A low dark chuckled sounded on my right.



'Shut up. This movie is not funny.' I uttered.



I waited with abated breath for the next moment. I knew the monster is going to reveal itself anytime now. Come on. I am prepared. I won’t be scared by you this ti-



I jumped again and the popcorn flew all over me.



Damn it. What stupid timing for the monster to come out. I was prepared for it already damn.



I looked down at my lap and found popcorn all over me as Hyukjae had a hand over his mouth, no doubt trying to muffle his laughter.



I glared at him and started to sweep the popcorn off me.



His hand reached across to help sweep away the remaining bits of popcorn off my lap.



I jumped again as i felt his hand not so accidentally brushed across my clothed bulge.



I grabbed his wrist and threw it far away from me.



I should have expected this from him.



After all he does use every opportunity to touch me.



---

When we return home some time after dinner, we saw Kyuhyun sitting at the couch.



He was just staring blankly ahead, looking dazed.



Hyukjae moved forward, 'Why are you back already? How was it?'



Ah his date. Should i continue standing here or should i just go upstairs. I mean, this was rather private after all and it wasn’t as if we were on close terms.



As if sensing my inner struggles, Hyukjae looked over to me, 'Come here Hae.'



I looked at Kyuhyun. He didn’t seem to mind.



Kyuhyun started speaking as i drew near to them, 'I told him about you and Hae.'



I frowned at that. Who did he tell?



'What else?' Hyukjae prompted.



Kyuhyun ruffled his hair in frustration, making those already messy locks even messier.



'I’m so ing bad at this. He must have thought that I’m weird now.' He sighed out loud.



'Kyu, is he on our side?' Hyukjar asked, ignoring Kyuhyun state of distressed.



'He said he will talk to Hae first.'



I straightened up at that and looked to Hyukjae questioningly.



He gave Kyuhyun a squeeze on his shoulder before towing me up the stairs.



'Wait! Who is going to talk to me?' I asked when we reached my room.



Hyukjae started shrugging off his jacket,  'Sungmin.'



'Minnie? What is he going to-'



I gapped as the sudden realization hit me.



'Min is that guy's date?!' I asked disbelievingly. Since when? How? Min didnt tell me anything!



'That guy right there is almost like my brother, Hae.' He came forward and took off my coat as i tried to let everything sink in.



'What is going on? Min didn’t tell me anything.'



His hand started to my shirt.



'Hyuk! I'm asking you a question. Stop molesting me!' I swiped his hand away.



He chuckled as he put both his hands on my shoulders and pulled me towards him.



'Kyu had been helping me all these while in keeping tabs on Eunhyuk, and then, on you. And guess what caught his eye when he had been spying on you guys?'



I gasped, 'He likes Min?'



'We are both pathetic fools aren’t we?' He pressed me tight against him.



Brief moments of silence passed by before i whispered softly, 'Not anymore. At least not for you.'


---

 

A/N: Had wanted to update yesterday but I had no access to internet =(