Seven

Stranger No More

 

I was sitting in my bed, my own bed, in my own room.

 

Staring at the yellow walls in front.

 

Eunhyuk had briefly said a ‘Goodnight’ to me before he walked into our room and shut the door.

 

I had to correct myself mentally. Not our room anymore, it is his room now.

 

I laughed, I was the one who turned the event into such, who am I to complain?

 

Truly, not only was I hurt, I was puzzled.

 

Didn’t he want me? I felt his desire for me just this afternoon, what happened?

 

Could he desire me in one second then forget about me in the next?

 

He had protested strongly when I insisted in sleeping in separate rooms. But now he seemed to be so accepting about it.

 

I groaned and dropped myself hard onto the mattress below. I buried my face onto the pillow. It smelt nice but it smelt nothing of him.

 

Stop it Lee Donghae! Move on! Stop thinking about him!

 

I couldn’t understand him. What made it worse was that I couldn’t understand myself either.

 

---

 

I didn’t know how I fell asleep. But I knew how I awoke.

 

I started to stir when I felt another body pressed against my back. A pair of arms came over my front and hugged me close.

 

Eunhyuk?

 

Stupid. Of course it’s him.

 

‘…Eunhyuk, what are you doing?’

 

He pressed me closer to him, ‘Donghae, I can’t sleep.’

 

‘B-but…’ But I thought you had given up on me.

 

I stiffened as I felt his growing hardness against my bottom. Ah, so this was what he wanted. Bastard. A man never changed.

 

‘Leave me alone.’ I was beyond pissed.

 

I felt him buried his face on the back of my neck as he whispered softly into my ear, ‘I wouldn’t touch you any further. I just need to sleep with you near me.’

 

I hate myself!

 

With that, all my anger dissipated and I actually began to feel not as miserable already.

 

Why must you do this to me Lee Eunhyuk. I wanted to hate you. I really do. But I simply couldn’t.

 

---

 

I knew he was touching me.

 

I had been awake before he did and was only pretending to be asleep now that he had awakened.

 

I had to try to keep my breathing even but it was getting harder by the second.

 

The way his fingers lingered over my eyes, nose, and lips. I felt his penetrating stare even with my eyelids closed.

 

He began whispering softly, so soft I had to strain to hear every word.

 

‘…can’t believe you are indeed here with me…’

 

‘..for years I had wished for this moment with you…’

 

‘…if only you knew…’

 

Nothing seemed to make sense. Maybe it was because I could only hear bits and pieces of what he said.

 

After all I had always been here with him. And what years is he murmuring about, since his supposed death till now it had only been 2 months we last saw each other.

 

I decided to stir slightly and I felt him dropped next to me. I opened my eyes slowly and saw his closed eyelids.

 

I widened my eyes in surprise.

 

What is going on?

 

Is…Is he pretending to be asleep now?

 

I tugged on his arm and called out his name.

 

His eyes opened immediately and a lazy smile appeared, ‘Good morning baby. A kiss for me?’ He pouted and pointed his finger at his lips. 

 

I huffed at what he said and was planning to ignore him when I remembered about last night. How sad he looked when he thought I couldn’t bear his touches.

 

Before my mind could rule me, I leaned down and gave him a quick peck on his cheek before getting out of bed.

 

He grabbed onto my arm and tugged it hard, making me fall back into bed, almost lying on top of him.

 

‘Let us cuddle for a bit first, Hae.’ He whined and started pressing me against his chest.

 

I sighed, a sign that I didn’t want to fight this moment anymore and pressed my face closer onto his chest.

 

I couldn’t stop the smile from spreading across my face.

 

Good morning indeed.

 

We cuddled together for a while, just enjoying this moment together, this moment where nothing stood between us, no past, no bad memories, could destroy this lovely moment.

 

However, I found myself suddenly wanting to know what exactly happened to him. I didn’t ask him at all did I?

 

The emotional roller coaster ride was too much for me to bear yesterday that I didn’t even know how did he survive the accident.

 

‘…Eunhyuk, h-how did you survive the car crash?’

 

I felt him stiffened and heard his short intake of breath.

 

I lifted up my head to face him, ‘No- I-I don’t mean that. Despite my attitude towards you since you came back…I-I was really glad that you are not dead though…’

 

My voice trailed off slowly and I leaned back against his front again. 

 

Moments later I felt him my back as he whispered, ‘It wasn’t me. It was simply someone who looked like me and then fake news about my death came out. It was from the business rivals just so that the company shares price would be affected.’

 

I absorbed the information slowly. It was true that in those new articles that I read, none of it showed his face at all. There were pictures of the accident scene and the aftermath of the horrible car crash but the news didn’t show the victim’s face.

 

‘But why didn’t you appear to the media immediately? If you did then all rumors would cease.’

 

‘Donghae, look at this.’ He pulled away from me and lifted up his fringe. I saw a tiny scar just near the hairline.

 

‘What happened?’ I touched the scar gently.

 

He put his fringe down and started to caress my face, ‘I was involved in that accident too. When I’m in Hong Kong 2 months ago for that business trip, I was driving alone one night and somehow the car opposite me suddenly lose control and hit onto my vehicle. My car fell off the hill and I ended up in a nearby private hospital.’

 

He started my cheek and looked at me intently, ‘Hae, I couldn’t even remember who I am when I woke up. I lost my memory for two months.’

 

I gasped at that and immediately hugged him tight, ‘I didn’t know. I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have been so hard on you.’

 

I pulled away and scanned him up and down, suddenly worried over his condition, ‘Are you fine right now? Have you fully recovered?’

 

‘Hae, calm down. I’m fine.’ He grabbed my shoulders and stilled my actions.

 

 ‘I’ve told you. As long as you are with me, I would be alright. Here, ‘He pointed at his head, ‘and here’ and then pointed at his… Heart.

 

He leaned towards me and began kissing my lips softly...

 

But that soon escalated into something more.

 

---

 

A/N: This is one of those filler chapters, purely so that Eunhyuk’s back from the death is explained to Hae.

 

And I realized I need to also do this in Eunhyuk’s POV but that will be happening later. So for now let’s just enjoy from Donghae’s first. HEE. ;D

 

Once again do comment and subscribe! <3