Thirteen

Stranger No More

 


'...Hyoyeon' Eunhyuk said softly.


Was it my imagination? The way he said her name seemed unsure. As if asking her a question.


It must be just my imagination because almost immediately Hyoyeon stepped forward and engulf Eunhyuk in a tight hug, 'Oppa!! You scared me. I thought you don't remember me!'


If not for the earlier scene which i had witnessed earlier, the obvious lack of recognition on Eunhyuk’s face, i would have walked away immediately. Seeing the two of them acting intimately right in front of my eyes is not something i enjoy.


Slowly I saw a stiffed Eunhyuk returned her hug and patted her back awkwardly. Nothing looked intimate between them at all. This wasn’t what lovers were supposed to act.


I looked at Kyuhyun to find him studying me carefully. He quickly looked away once our eyes met.


What the hell is happening? I continued to look at Kyuhyun thoughtfully.


Seeming to have solved a puzzle, Kyuhyuk darted a quick glance in my direction again before he walked towards me and said, 'Eunhyuk had lost his memory in the accident back then. Obviously, it seemed he haven’t recalled every single thing, or person, yet.'


Is he trying to explain Eunhyuk's lack of recognition to Hyoyeon to me?


Kind of hard to absorb it.  The both of them practically grew up together!

 

I turned to look at Kyuhyun as he walked away from my side.

 

And Kyuhuyun, how would you know about Hyoyeon?


'Eunhyuk we still have a meeting.' Kyuhyun interjected, coming near to both Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon.


Eunhyuk shrugged himself out of Hyoyeon's embrace and his eyes immediately found mine.


His eyes full of unspoken messages as he stared at me.


'Hyoyeon i need to go now. We- we shall talk soon. I promised.' He gave her a squeeze on her shoulders and edged towards me.


He took my hand and led me into the office lobby. Not even giving any backward glance towards the blonde girl.


It felt like déjà vu to me. Hadn't this happened in the past? Just that mine and Hyoyeon's roles were reversed.


Still eyeing his hold on my hand as we entered the lift, i muttered, 'What exactly is going on?'


He tightened his hold on my hand.


'What do you mean.'


'How could you not recognize her.'


Kyuhyun, who had been silent ever since the incident outside earlier suddenly heaved a sigh and spoke up, 'Didn't I just tell you-'


'Don't say anything Kyu.' Eunhyuk's said, his eyes still on mine.


Just then the lift reached my floor and i tried to tug my hand away from his grip.


'Kyu, get out.'


Hyuk what are you-'


'I said get out.' His tone suddenly harsh.


'Fine!' Kyuhyun stormed out of the lift and the lift door shut.


Leaving us alone.


Eunhyuk turned to stare forward at the lift door and i continued to collect my thoughts. Still staring at his hold on my hand. What is he trying to do now?


Soon we reached his office and ignoring the greeting of Sunny, his secretary, he pulled me into his office room.


I tugged my hand away from his grip once again. Surprisingly he let go.


'What do you want to know.'  He leaned back against his working desk and folded his arms. Looking ready to fight any battle.


'I find it very weird that you couldn't even recognize your lover.'


'I recognize you.'


I glared at him, 'You knew I meant her.'


He sighed and shrugged dismissively, 'Yes i admit i did take some time. But i remembered ultimately didn’t i? Why are you overreacting over something like that?'


Because when you looked at her, it seemed as if you were mentally flipping through a book trying to find the information you need.

 

I kept that thought to myself.


'Nothing then. I'll get back to work.' I turned around and was about to step out when i heard his voice again. Low and deep.


'You are my only lover Hae. There never has been anything between me and her.'


I couldn’t help it. I scoffed at how ridiculous that sounded and walked away as fast as my legs could carry me.


---


A/N: I know you guys must be as confused as Hae. Hang on!!


Kyu is getting a bit too quiet for what is to come. So a Kyuhae moment is to be up soon…