Fifty Two

Stranger No More

 

 

I had some private time to myself just before we set off to the hospital, or wherever the place was.

 

As Hyukjae was planning the routes with his men, I secretly went back to our room and switched on my mobile phone. I quickly read through the latest text message that I had received.

 

I smiled as I replied the text message before quickly deleting all traces of them.

 

Hopefully this would turn out well.

 

---


I remembered the time when I was unconscious.



I kept hearing a soothing voice near me and even though that voice would turn into sobs and screams, it never failed to comfort me.



For I knew that in my darkness, in my world where I could do nothing and see nothing but just blackness, someone was there with me.



And that must have helped in my waking up.



Hyukjae had stood at the side of Hangeng's bed and watched me as I sat myself beside the latter.



He had dark tanned skin that looked so healthy. His features sharp and even with his eyes closed, he was a strikingly handsome man.



I began to pick his hand up and held them in mine.



'Hae...' Hyukjae's voice began.



'Sshhhhh. You promised.' And I heard Hyukjae sighed softly as he sat down in the couch nearby.



'Uhm hey... Hello? This is awkward but I know you can hear me... I just wanted to tell you there is someone waiting for you to open your eyes. Someone who loves you dearly...' I looked over and met Hyukjae's tender loving gaze.



'... Someone out there desperately needing you. And that person is hurting. Hurting so much emotionally...' I felt a breath hitched in my throat as I held Hyukjae's gaze. Understanding how he had felt when I had been in Hangeng's position.



Hyukjae got up and walked over to us, pulling me tight into his embrace, my head leaning close to where his heartbeat was.



'... So Hangeng... Please... Please just open your eyes...'

 

We had no other options already.



---



We received a parcel when we got home.



Teukkie brought the parcel over and nodded to Hyukjae. Indicating that it was harmless.



He let go of our linked hands and took the parcel from Teukkie, I saw him flicked a quick gaze towards me pointedly at Teukkie.



'Yes boss. He can see.' Teukkie answered with a smile.



I pursed my lips together in slight annoyance and poke Hyukjae's shoulder.



'No hiding things from me.' I uttered sternly. But feeling a slight pang of guilt at the same time, thinking of the text messages and secret calls  that I had been receiving.



'I know. It was just my instinct kicking in. Instinct, Hae.' He defended himself quickly.



He hooked the parcel under his arm, put his other arm over my shoulder and led me to the study room.



We found a DVD and a booklet inside.



Lifting the booklet out we realized it was a scrapbook and what was inside caught me by surprise.



They were all photos of me.



When i was driving. When i was out with Sungmin. Hyukjae and me eating. Kyu and I at lunch, arguing. There were also many other pictures of me alone.



Before we could finish flipping through the entire contents Hyukjae slammed the book closed and shut his eyes.



'Heechul...' He gritted his teeth with suppressed anger.



I was still keeping my gaze on the book. Feeling horrified that we had been spied on so closely.



I slide my gaze towards the DVD in the parcel and felt panic rising inside.



What could be in it?



I jumped when Hyukjae suddenly banged the table and shouted out loud for Teukkie.



Both Teukkie and Kyuhyun came strolling into the room calmly. As if Hyukjae didn’t just shouted earlier.



'Told you Teuk.' Kyuhyun said.



'Whatever. I thought he would know better.' Teuk answered.



'What the is this? You guys should have destroyed this immediately!' Hyukjae spat at them angrily.



'See, he's never thinking whenever Hae is around.' Kyuhyun shrugged.



'Yes now I realised.' Teuk replied with a teasing smile at me.



'Seriously guys...' Hyukjae began to stalk to them.



I quickly held onto his arm, 'Hyukkie hold on.'



'Come on Hyuk! Surely we would have scanned the contents before showing it to you. Do go through every single thing before you yell at us. That is a peace offering.' Kyu was pointing at the DVD.



I snapped my gaze to the DVD.



Peace offering...?



---