Fifty Nine

Stranger No More

 

A/N: It's 4 APRIL everybodyyyyyyy! Lee Hyukjae's birthday!!!! (Pardon my randomness)

 

---

 

Kyuhyun's POV

 

There was no time to waste as I set to work on the last sets of videos.

 

Kangin and Siwon had already dashed out when Hyukjae got… when h-he got s-stabbed brutally.

 

Just thinking it made me felt hollow in my stomach, dread quickly filling it up and shot throughout my entire nervous system.

 

As the door burst opened, a panic Sungmin and Teuk rushed to my side and peered up at the monitors.

 

Sungmin gasped loudly and Teuk cursed before following the trails of Kangin and Siwon.

 

From where we were, the sirens of police arriving were soon heard.

 

I clicked the last button and fell back onto the chair, finally feeling like I could breathe slightly. My work done. For now.

 

‘Min… Come here.’

 

Without a second urge, he climbed onto my lap and curled over my chest, burying his face in the crook of my head. The horror of what he had just seen taking its toll on him.

 

Trying to get a grip over my own erratic emotions I looked up at the monitors and saw Heechul’s men being pinned down by the police.

 

Kangin had shoved Heechul to the ground when he tried to escape. Teuk picking up his blade.

 

I sat straight up and Sungmin turned to stare at the live surveillance again. Both of us unable to do anything but watch in silence with bated breath as the scene unfold.

 

I was shaking my head when Teuk stalked to Heechul, a murderous dark look that was rarely seen in his face was being directed at Heechul.

 

At the middle of the warehouse, Siwon was trying to cut the ropes that were tied over Donghae’s wrists. The latter had already passed out by all that he had witnessed and by his own blood loss.

 

‘Teuk…’ I uttered.

 

Don’t. No…

 

The police were just outside.

 

No.

 

Before Teuk could really kill Heechul – that was no doubt about it – with that damn blade, Kangin flicked a look over and caught what Teuk’s intentions seemed to be and lifted one hand to grab onto Teuk.

 

Heechul took the chance to throw Kangin’s other hand off him and tried to run away again.

 

But he was too late.

 

Siwon’s two guards had already managed to barge into the warehouse and took Heechul down.

 

His helpless screams shrieked across the entire place as I covered my lover’s ears.

 

Heechul. Game over. He was finished.

 

---

 

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

I felt the dull pain at my side before my eyes fluttered opened. Bright white lights shone brightly at me, causing a headache to develop immediately.

 

I quickly shut my eyes.

 

And saw a pale Donghae in my dark visions.

 

I shot up in bed and grunted at the excruciating pain that shot through my entire body.

 

‘Hyukkie?’

 

Hae?

 

I turned to my side and saw Donghae propped upon the side of my bed, looking exhausted with blood shot eyes reflecting his worry and sadness.

 

My hands reached over, needing to touch him, to feel his warmth, needing to know that this was indeed our reality. That this was real, that he was indeed by my side.

 

His hands met mine in mid air and he brought it to his face, allowing me to caress his soft cheeks softly as he smiled gently at me. I felt my heart clenched painfully in intensity at the sight and bite my lips to stop it from quivering.  

 

At the same time, his own hands smoothed over my face, wiping tears that i never knew had fallen from my eyes.

 

And then I remembered Donghae’s injuries and my heart raced, despite the fact that he seemed good and well right now.

 

‘Hae… You- Your leg? How are you?’

 

‘It’s just a cut Hyukkie.’

 

‘Just a cut? Hae, I saw him ing stabbed int-‘

 

His put his fingers over my lips quickly.

 

‘He stabbed you. Hyukkie, you were out for three days. Three days. You should be worrying about yourself first.’

 

Ignoring the pain at my side, I brought myself closer to Donghae.

 

‘Let me see. Let me see your wound.’

 

‘Wai-Wait! Hyukkie, wait! O-okay… I will show you. Stop moving!’

 

He gestured me to lie back on the bed.

 

‘Really Hyukkie, it’s nothing…’ He slowly pulled his pants provided by the hospital up his legs, revealing his thigh.

 

‘The hell. This is not nothing.’ I gaped at the sight.

 

His entire thigh was wrapped in thick bandages and even so, blood were seeping through the bandages.

 

‘This really looks worst than it really is.’ He pulled his pants down.

 

My eyes were still staring at his now covered thigh.

 

‘Y-you shouldn’t be here. Y-you should be ing resting in bed!’

 

‘I was waiting for you to wake up.’ He stood up.

 

‘What are you doing? Sit down Hae!’

 

‘Shhhh…. You are too noisy sometimes.’

 

My eyes went round when I saw him came near me.

 

‘Scoot over will you?’

 

‘What?’

 

‘You asked me to rest in bed. I’m doing so now. Scoot over.’

 

Finally grasping the situation, I quickly shifted to the side as Donghae rested himself next to me.

 

Lying on my good side, I slipped my arms around his waist and pulled him close.

 

Pain was nothing as long as he was by my side.

 

---