Forty Three

Stranger No More

 

Hyukjae’s POV

 

Heechul grabbed hold of my throat and snarled, ‘What the are you saying? Hangeng is dead! You killed him!’

 

His hold on my throat tightened when I started laughing.

 

I am probably as sick as he. Seeing the state that he is in, I actually felt, happy.

 

But still, not enough.

 

Not nearly enough payback for what he had done to Donghae.

 

‘What are you laughing at Lee Hyukjae!’

 

I started to choke briefly as he tightened his grip over my throat.

 

‘You may want to take a look at this Heechul.’

 

A voice sounded from the doorway.

 

I froze when I saw Kyu standing there with his phone raised, the screen showing a picture of Hangeng in hospital.

 

Heechul loosened his grip over my throat as he stumbled over and grabbed the phone from Kyu.

 

‘He didn’t die Heechul. He fell down the cliff but I sent him for treatment immediately. I lied to Hyuk and the organization so that nobody would be after him because I knew he did everything only for you. He was used, by you.’

 

Heechul threw a punch at Kyu’s way but he managed to dodge in time. Heechul signaled his men to grab onto him but Kyu immediately started getting into action as he fought them off.

 

Seeing the loss of concentration from the 2 men restraining me, I quickly struggled away from their grip, punched them hard and hit their heads together before I joined Kyu.

 

We fought everyone down to the ground in no time. 

 

‘Heechul…’ I started walking to Heechul and pointed a finger to him in warning, ‘I am going to say it for the last time. Touch Donghae and Hangeng dies.’

 

Teuk was outside the club, waiting inside the car when we exited.

 

He stared at my face, ‘Donghae wouldn’t be too happy when he wakes up and see you.’

 

---

 

 Donghae’s POV

 

The room was pitched dark when I woke up.

 

I leaned slightly to the side searching for Hyukjae but found the other side of the bed empty.

 

Suddenly taken by surprise I forgot about the pains in my body as I tried to sit up. But I quickly tumbled back onto my back again with a curse.

 

‘H-hyukkie…’

 

I tried calling out softly. Maybe he was in the bathroom?

 

‘H-hyuk?’ I called out again, slightly louder this time.

 

I was suddenly afraid as I felt all alone by myself for the first time in a pitch dark room which I couldn’t even see anything and I couldn’t even move because of the brace on my leg.

 

Why would Hyukjae leave?

 

Did something happen?

 

Fear gripped me as I started imaging all sorts of scenario that could have happened to him.

 

I had to get out of the room.

 

Sliding myself sideways on the bed, I managed to put my good leg onto the ground and slowly lifted myself up from the bed.

 

I started to sweat due to the efforts. And my ribs were slowly hurting in intensity again. I bit my lips and inhaled deep and slow.

 

When I felt the pain reduced, I tried to shift my leg that was in a brace down to the ground with my hands.

 

Great. Now I only need to stand.

 

Leaning my weight on my good leg, I started to stand and moved gingerly towards the door.

 

But ever since I was discharged from the hospital I hadn’t been moving around much by myself, I either used the wheelchair or was carried by Hyukjae.

 

And that was why my knees felt wobbly as I collapsed onto the ground with a loud thud.

 

Sudden loud footsteps were heard from outside as the door flung open.

 

‘Donghae!’

 

‘H-hyu-kkie…’ I croaked as I felt painful all over.

 

Someone rushed inside together with him.

 

Hyukjae started to lift me up from the ground as carefully as he could and laid me back onto the bed again.

 

I refused to lie back down.

 

I clutched his shirt and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

 

‘Where have you been? I was so worried!’

 

‘Hae… I-I… I’m sorry. Kyu, will you pass the meds please.’

 

‘Uhm… okay… But I can’t see anything. I have to switch on the lights. The lights. Hyuk. I am going to switch them on now.’ Kyuhyun said.

 

I felt Hyuk tensed slightly.

 

‘I-I will go get water downstairs.’ Hyukjae stammered.

 

I s my hands around his neck, ‘No. On the lights please.’

 

I must have become smarter since the crash or something. I could tell something was wrong ever since he came into the room. The room which nobody dared to actually switched the lights on.

 

‘Hae.’

 

Yes. Hyukjae was definitely hiding something from me.

 

‘Kyu please on the lights.’ I shouted out.

 

Kyuhyun sighed, ‘Hyuk. Good luck.’

 

The lights were flicked on before Kyu quickly left the room.

 

I pulled myself away from Hyukjae and gasped.

 

‘Hae. It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it. Let me get you your meds.’

 

I held him tight when I felt him began to shift me off his lap.

 

‘What happened?’ I lifted my hand to feather across the bruise that was already forming at the corner of his lips.

 

My breath got hitched in my throat as I saw another around his neck.

 

‘W-who did this? Oh my goodness, am I hurting you anywhere?’

 

Could there be more injuries hidden underneath?

 

I stared down at his shirt. Hoping not to spot any sight of blood.

 

I quickly loosened my hold on him and started to scoot off his lap.

 

His hands came to grab onto my hips and he pulled me gently to him.

 

‘Hyukkie… Let me get off you. I don’t want to hurt you.’

 

‘No Hae. Just let me hold you for a while.’

 

‘But-‘

 

He turned towards me and pressed his lips over mine gently. Instinctively I cup the back of his head and pulled him close as I kissed him back, slightly more aggressive as my worry for him earlier faded away. Ever since I was discharged from the hospital, all Hyukjae would do is to simply hold me and a light peck here and there.

 

Unable to control my emotions any longer now, I started to kiss the hell out of him before I heard a soft whimper from him.

 

Oh yes, his bruise.

 

Stupid Hae. I hurt him.

 

‘Oh no you don’t. You didn’t hurt me.’

 

He crushed our lips together again as he kissed me somewhat roughly this time, his tongue slide between my lips into my mouth to meet with mine.

 

Ignoring the slight ache in my ribs I pressed myself closer to him. Wanting him. Needing him.

 

I could still feel the fear when I found him gone earlier.

 

I didn’t know what to do if anything were to happen to him.

 

My hand clutched onto his dark locks as we continued to marsh our lips together, only letting go to breathe in much needed oxygen.

 

I slide my lips to his beautiful jaw line and kissed it.

 

Dragging my kisses to his neck I started on his neck, unconsciously rubbing myself over him.

 

‘H-hae…’ I heard him whispered shakily as his hand came to my shoulders and pulled me away.

 

I started at him in confusion.

 

He swallowed uneasily as he slowly shut his eyes.

 

‘Hyukkie?’

 

‘Wait a second.’

 

I leaned forward once more and his eyes snapped opened, his hands on my shoulders restricted me from getting closer.

 

‘Hyukkie…?’

 

‘I’m hard Hae.’

 

I suddenly felt my face heated up.

 

‘I-I can-‘

 

‘No. Don’t. Just don’t say anything okay.’ He pulled me further away and lifted my legs as he climbed up.

 

I noticed the way his hands trembled ever so slightly as he laid me down on the bed and pulled the duvets over me.

 

 I did not fail to also notice the obvious tent in his pants.

 

‘I-I will get Kangin to bring you t-the meds. I-I need a cold shower. Be right back.’

 

I gaped as I saw him literally ran out of the room.

 

Cold shower.

 

I chuckled.

 

---