She's ok

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Zico bobbed his head to the beat as he tried out new sounds with the equipment. He was having so much fun, making songs and rapping them out as a job. Everyday he’d make new music and start writing new lyrics. The people at TOP Company were all nice and opportunities were just laying out right in front of him. Through his whole life he’d never thought that he would amount to anything. Now he felt like something.

          Hand grabbed the headphones on his ears and snapped them back on his ears.

          “Ow!” he spun around angrily, but softened.

          “Are you gonna’ punch me?” Jina asked teasingly with a smile on her face. She had no idea how much he had missed her smile.

          He flung his arms around her and pulled her tightly into him. He buried his face in her hair and inhaled deeply. He missed everything about her. Her touch, her scent, her voice.

          “Zico, you make like I’ve been gone for months. It’s been a few days.” She chuckled.

          “It felt like forever.” He whispered.

          “I can’t stay long. If Seunghyun knows I’m here, I’ll be in big trouble.”

          “How are you guys?”

          “We’re good. What about you?”

          Zico looked down. “I’ve been offered a job in Japan.” He confessed.

          “Oh my God that is great!” she exclaimed. “Why do you look sad?”

          Zico pulled her into him again. “That means I’d have to leave you.”

          Jina sighed. “Zico, this is the opportunity of a life time. You can be someone. Don’t let me hold you back.”

          “But I love you.”

          She sat there in awe for a moment. He never really said it out loud, so it was kind of shocking.

          “I love you too… Enough to not let you make a mistake. It’s your decision in the end, but please don’t let me hold you back. I can’t live with anymore guilt than I already have.”

          Zico looked at her sincere face. His insides were conflicting. How could he go against her wishes? But how could he leave her?

          “I’ll think about it.” He told her. She smiled and nodded. “I bet Daehyun would be so happy if I left. He’d have you all to himself.” He squeezed her tight and made her sit on his lap on the rolling chair in the studio.

          “I was going to go out and see him after this.” She told him.

          A smug grin came on his face. “You came to see me first?”

          “Daehyun’s still in school. Don’t get a big head.” She thumped his forehead.

          “Well, I bet he might just kiss you once he sees you, soooo.” He pulled her down and kissed her lips. All his yearning was released in one passionate kiss.

          “You are so naughty.” She laughed as their foreheads touched.

          “Naughty would be doing it against the equipment, but I love this job so I might want to keep it.” He joked.

          “I should go. I’ll see you later.” She stood up.

          “Tell B-Bomb I said hi.”

          “I will.” She smiled and exited.

          Jina stepped on the elevator and sighed. So much was happening all at once, yet one meeting with Zico made her feel better. Once she got to the ground floor she walked off, deep in thought. Her name being called made her freeze.

          “Jina!?”

          Without even looking back, she ran. Out of the building, down the street, and all the way to Daehyun’s college. She had lost her follower a few blocks back but still ran. She stepped behind a pillar and caught her breath. She wasn’t ready to face him, not yet, not while he was still with her.

          “Jina?” another voice called her. This one was sweet and familiar.

          “Hey there.” She smiled.

          Daehyun, without even thinking, hugged her tightly, leaning against the pillar. Jina put her arms around his waist and put her head on his shoulder, still resting from her run.

          “I missed you so much. Where did you go?”

          “I can’t tell you.” She replied.

          “Please come back.” He begged against her ear. “We can straighten everything out, just please come back to me.”

          The words were so sincere and sweet that she almost fell for it.

          “I can’t. We can’t just go back, tell Yong Guk his girlfriend is a lying and think everything will go back to normal. He has to find this out for himself.”

          “Why does he have to be so damn blind? Because of him, I can’t be with you.”

          Jina looked at Daehyun’s eyes so full of pain. She couldn’t help but lean in and kiss his lips. With him she always made the move to kiss him, she couldn’t help it. His lips were so wanting and passionate, it was much deeper than Zico’s kiss.

          “Dae.” She cooed as she pulled away. “I have to go. Yong Guk was trailing me a while ago.”

          “I wish you didn’t have to go.” He whispered and hugged her again.

          “Tell everyone that I’m ok, and be sure to keep an eye on Jongup.”

          “I will.” He brushed his thumb over her cheek. “Please, come back to me soon.”

          “I will.” She smiled.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter