Birthday

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          Jina’s ankle got better and she just had to wrap it in gauze whenever she walked. She avoided Yong Guk and Jieun and went on her merry way living her life. She and Daehyun were hanging out and he was getting closer and closer both physically and mentally. Block B were still around but Kyung, Zico, and P.O were hanging around TOP more often, even at work at the studio. Jina saw less and less of Zico. She actually missed him.

          “Let’s go noona.” Zelo was sneaking out with Jina again.

          “Alright.” She followed him out the house and to Daehyun’s car where he was waiting.

          “Hey there.” He smiled and drove off once the two were in the car. “So what are you doing tomorrow?”

          “Nothing.”

          “You have to!”

          “Why?” Zelo asked.

          “It’s her birthday.”

          “Daehyun.” She whined. She was never much of a birthday celebrator.

          “Really!?”

          “Don’t make a big deal out of it, please. No surprise parties or any of that stuff.”

          “I must get you a present! What do you want?” he questioned.

          “No presents.”

          “Did you get her something hyung?” he asked Daehyun.

          “Of course. I got it a few weeks ago.”

          Jina gawked at him, both touched and shocked. “Jung Daehyun!”

          “She likes head phones, and your style of clothes, some athletic wear, and candy.” He told him, ignoring Jina’s glare.

          “I’ll get you something good. Does Jonguppie know?” Zelo promised.

          “Ugh, I hope no one else knows.” She put her face in her hands.

          “I told Youngjae who mentioned it to Himchan…”

          “Daehyun I hate you.” She crossed her arms and pouted. He chuckled and pecked her cheek.

          “No you don’t.” he whispered.

          “STOP IT!” Zelo begged.

 

          “HAPPY BIRTH-!”

          Jina had just stepped into the school gates to be jumped by Block B.

          “Shut up.” She hissed as she covered Zico’s mouth.

          “Happy birthday Jina.” B-Bomb hugged her and pecked a brotherly kiss on her head.

          “Thanks.” She smiled. “You guys didn’t get me anything did you?”

          “Why would we do that?” Ukwon asked teasingly.

          “.” She punched his arm with a laugh.

          “Actually you did but you can receive those tonight. Are we going out tonight?” Zico wiggled his eyebrows.

          “I don’t know if Yong Guk would let me.”

          “Does he have anything planned?”

          Jina thought back to this morning. She overheard Yong Guk telling Himchan about something he had planned for a while. She wasn’t sure if it was for her but if it was she didn’t want to ruin it. He was her cousin, he wouldn’t forget her birthday.

          “I don’t know. Most likely a stupid surprise party.”

          “We’ll drop off your presents tonight then.” Zico beamed.

          “Don’t you want to get drunk though? You’re eighteen and finally legal in Korea! Let’s get wasted!” Jaehyo stated.

          “Last time that happened her ity was taken by a Busan idiot.” B-Bomb growled.

          “Aaw come on.” He whined.

 

          Daehyun picked Jina up from school with the three other boys and they all went out for ice cream, Daehyun’s treat. She sat between the maknaes with Daehyun and Youngjae across from them.

          “So how old are you again? 18?” Youngjae asked.

          “Yeah, a legal adult… sort of.”

          “Sort of?”

          “Because of my track record I cannot be legally on my own until I am eighteen and a half.” She huffed.

          “Good, we wouldn’t want people like you roaming the streets as adults.” He teased.

          “You can’t be mean to me, it’s my birthday.” She pouted. He rolled his eyes in response. “Did Yong Guk plan anything?”

          “I heard him talking about important plans this morning.” Jongup said while his ice cream.

          “Great.” She sounded annoyed but she was actually happy. Things between them had been so tense.

          “Let’s go so I can give you your present.” Zelo cheered.

          “You actually got me something?”

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter