Going too far

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Your ankle has been sprained badly. You will have to be in a boot for a month or two and use crutches for a few weeks.” The doctor told her as she looked at the ground. Daehyun was by her side, watching over her and listening to the doctor. “I’ll give you some pain killers for a few weeks. Ice your ankle once a day and don’t do anything to damage it further.”

          “Thank you doctor.” Daehyun bowed as he left. Jina was sitting on the bed staring at the floor. “Hey.”

          “I won’t be able to play for the rest of the season.” She stated dryly.

          “I don’t know what to say. Saying I’m sorry would just be pity. Saying everything will be ok might not be true.”

          “It wasn’t even my fault.”

          “What do you mean?” he looked at her in confusion.

          “I have been playing volleyball for a while and doing something simple like twisting my ankle after a spike is amateur stuff. When I came down from my jump I was good, but I felt something pull my foot down and make me stumble back.”

          “Who would have done that?”

          “Jieun was the one playing on the other side of me.” She said, still looking at the clunky boot on her hurt foot. Daehyun tensed and clenched his fist in anger. Before he could storm out of the room to find her a strong hand grabbed his arm.

          “Don’t.”

          “She hurt you, and you want me to not do anything? Yong Guk needs to know about this.”

          “No, leave him in his happiness. Ever since they got together he has been happy, so let’s not ruin it.” She said sternly while looking him straight in the eyes.

          “Here is your prescription and you are free to go.” The doctor handed her a piece of paper.

          “Thank you.” Daehyun said and grabbed the crutches off the wall. “You ready?” he asked. She took the crutches and stood up.

          “Can I at least get one of the things on wheels?”

          “Lazy.” He chuckled and opened the door for her as she waddled out. “Is the height ok?”

          “Just fine. Thanks Dae.” She smiled slightly.

          “We’ll stop by the pharmacy on the way home.”

          “Are they all in the waiting room?”

          “Yeah.”

          “I don’t want to talk to anyone right now so just walk right to the car. Can you do that?” she asked. It was a strange request but Daehyun agreed.

          “Jina.” Zelo was the first to see her and Daehyun come down the hall towards the waiting room and everyone looked. Jieun even looked up from her magazine.

          Jina ignored them and Daehyun looked away and they took a right turn towards the exit. Yong Guk stood up and walked after her, trying not to run.

          “Jina!” he called out but neither of the two ahead answered. Jieun rolled her eyes and followed after him, glaring at Youngjae before she did.

          “Noona!” Zelo called out.

          They all followed out to the parking lot and caught up to her as Daehyun opened the passenger door for her and put the crutches in the back seat. Yong Guk at this point was irritated and glared at Daehyun as he went to the driver’s seat.

          “Yah!” he called and this time Daehyun turned. “Jina, is everything ok?” he was about to bombard her with questions when Daehyun stopped him.

          “She doesn’t feel like talking.” He said. His eyes coldly averted to Jieun before he hopped in the car and drove off.

          “Just give her time, she’s probably just upset.” Himchan consoled his best friend.

 

          Yong Guk waited and waited for the two to get home. They had left the hospital first so why the hell were they so late? Jina couldn’t go anywhere with a sprained ankle and if she was she and Daehyun would be in big trouble. Jongup and Zelo had gone to sleep, Jieun went home because Youngjae wouldn’t stop glaring at her, and Himchan was in the kitchen with a cup of tea and a magazine.

          “Where the hell are they? It’s almost ten they left the hospital at eight.”

          “She probably went for a walk… I mean out for ice cream.” Himchan told him.

          The door opened and the sound of crutches and ‘be careful’ was heard. Yong Guk stood up and watched as Jina and Daehyun walked into the house. They had eye contact but she just waddled to the kitchen. He spotted a bag in Daehyun’s hands and eyed them both.

          “Where were you two?” he questioned.

          “We went to the pharmacy to get Jina her pain killers.” Daehyun answered.

          “And that took two hours?”

          “She has to take the medicine with food so I took her out to get a bite to eat. So she could take her pills and have a nice treat.” He went to the kitchen to supposedly get something to drink but he was actually watching over Jina.

          “You could have at least texted me.”

          “I left my phone at home and Jina’s was dead.”

          “I need to sleep.” She said to Daehyun and Daehyun only.

          “You need help getting up the stairs?”

          “I was hoping you would carry me because these crutches are a pain.”

          “Alright. Night hyungs.” He nodded simply before taking Jina into his arms and heading to the stairs.

          “I’ve got her.” Yong Guk offered but Jina didn’t budge and kept her arms securely around the other boy’s neck. “Never mind. Good night.” He watched painfully as his cousin ignored him. He had no clue why she was so mad at him.

 

          “Oh my baby Jina.” Kyung cooed as she came into lunch with crutches on. Daehyun had dropped her off that morning, wishing he could follow her around school all day.

          “Shut up.”

          “What happened?” Jaehyo asked.

          “Sprained my ankle. It almost broke.” She sighed as she sat beside Zico and B-Bomb.

          “How did you do that?” B-Bomb asked.

          “Volleyball.” The tone in her voice was somewhat bitter.

          “What? I thought you were good at that sport.” Ukwon teased.

          “I am. It wasn’t my fault anyway.” She defended.

          “Whose was it?” Zico asked. He would beat the living daylights out of whoever hurt Jina.

          “Just drop it.” She suddenly said.

          “Who were you playing with?”

          “Just the boys and the monster.”

          “Jieun?” Taeil recalled her name.

          “Did she do that to you?” Zico asked, anger boiling inside him.

          “Just drop it ok?” she snapped.

          “Fine.” He sighed and lunch went by normally. They made a few cripple jokes to Jina and she just accepted it. Except for when Kyung took it too far like he usually did and earned a punch in the arm from protective brother B-Bomb.

          “Can you guys come over today? Daehyun is going to be at school and I don’t want to deal with the monster.” She whined.

          “Won’t the others be there?” P.O asked.

          “Yeah but they’re all blinded by the innocence of Jieun noona.” She made a face. “She buys them all gifts and takes them out and spoils them. Then she and Yong Guk have been doing it almost every night so Himchan has been sleeping in my bed. I’m tired of falling asleep to the distant sound of a bear and howler monkey doing it.”

          “Gross.” Ukwon made a disgusted face.

          “Can we have a sleep over?” Zico asked with a puppy dog face on.

          “Uh, sure, since it’s Friday.”

          “Aren’t you going to the game?” Jaehyo pointed out.

          “I can’t play and Seohyun told me to stay home.”

          “So you told them?” B-Bomb asked.

          “Yeah, Seohyun was upset but I told her I would still come to games and practices to help out.” Her voice had a hint of sadness due to the fact that she couldn’t play anymore.

          “I’m sorry babe.” Zico put an arm around her shoulders and squeezed her tight. “You were doing so well this season.”

          “Thanks Zico.” She put her head on his shoulder and he put his cheek on top of her head.

          “Get a room.” Kyung coughed.

          “I plan on it.” Zico retorted. B-Bomb yanked Jina off of him and put a protective arm around her.

          “I don’t think so.”

 

          “Oh my gosh Gukkie! Look at this dress! Isn’t it cute?” Jieun was looking through a magazine and planning out her next shopping trip with Yong Guk.

          “Yeah.” He nodded and flashed her a gummy smile. The door opened which meant the kids were home from school. “Hey guys!... Where’s Jina?” he only saw Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo walk in.

          “She went home with Block B. Said she’s be back soon.” Youngjae told him.

          “Oh, alright. Did she take her medicine today?” he asked.

          “Oh look at this necklace Gukkie.” Jieun interrupted.

          “Uh, yeah. Jieun I can tell you’re very concerned.” Youngjae glared at her.

          “I planned on buying something for her.” She lied and Youngjae knew it.

          “Noona, can you take me to the skate park?” Zelo asked.

          “Skate park? Why in the world would you go there?”

          “I skate.” He told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter