More faith

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The stack of papers in Jina’s backpack seemed to weigh a hundred pounds that morning for her. As class dragged on, JR and Chaejin kept messing with her and Miso but she ignored them. She just wanted to get what you wanted done and go off to lunch with her friends. Her eyes traveled from her desk, to Jongup, to the clock on the wall, and back to her desk.

            When the bell rang Jina exhaled as if she had held her breath the whole class period. Her hand dug into her bag and pulled out the stack of papers she worked on last night, she eyed it carefully in her hand. Miso slung her arm around her neck and smiled, she smiled back and they walked toward the door.

            “Hold on.” Jina crawled out from under her arm and went to the teacher’s desk. He peered up at her and they just looked at each other for a moment. She placed the papers on his desk and walked off before he could ask questions.

            “What was that?” Chaejin asked.

            “I got in trouble the other day so I had to write a report.” She lied smoothly.

            “Ugh, sounds horrible.” JR slung his arm around Jina as the four walked down the halls.

            “Yo!” a familiar voice called out behind them. They all turned to see seven boys glaring intently, especially the blonde leader.

            “Ooh, you’re in for it now.~” Jina sang in amusement to see Zico’s jealous face

            “Hey Zico.” JR greeted, the two have never been on bad terms but seeing Jina under his arm made him upset.

            “Jina, want to join us for lunch?” Zico ignored him and turned to her. She shrugged and made a face.

            “I was going to have lunch with my new buds here.” She wrapped her arm around JR’s waist and smiled.

            “Let me rephrase this.” Zico chuckled, but then his face turned serious and he pulled her by her wrist away from JR. “You’re going to have lunch with your oppas.” He spoke lowly. She crossed her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him in dissatisfaction.

            “Zico, what’s your problem?” Miso asked.

            “I’d appreciate it if no one would be so close to my… friend.” He was unsure how to put it.

            “He’s just jealous. You guys go on without me, I’ll see you later.” Jina waved and turned to the rest of Block B. Zico got strange glances from the three but they eventually turned around and walked off.

            “Watch this.” She mouthed to the other six.

            “Why were you all over that JR guy?” Zico demanded.

            “Who, me?” she asked innocently.

            “No, I was talking to Kyung. Yes you.”

            “Why do you care? You’re not my boyfriend.”

            “I could be.”

            “But you’re not, so I can be all over who ever I want.” She smirked and turned to Jaehyo.

            “Come on herp derp. Let’s go get lunch.” She put her arm through his and led him away. He raised his fist slightly and she lightly bumped it so the people behind them couldn’t see. The two were struggling to keep their laughs in.

            “Yah! Ahn Jaehyo! You better not touch her!” Zico yelled after them. In response he saw Jina snuggled closer to the Busan boys strong arm. “Aish, that punk.” He hissed.

            “They just need to hurry up and get together.” Taeil shook his head.

            “With both of them being stubborn, it could take ages.” Jihoon added.

 

            Jina looked around and noticed that everyone had their own group that they belonged in. There were the soccer player jocks, joyful theatre kids, the preppy perfect girls, and so on. Where would she fit besides with Block B and the other shady kids? Maybe joining a club would get her somewhere.

            Theatre? She eyed the over joyful and poetic group of students. ‘No.’

            Student council? She glanced over at the girls with their hair pinned up perfectly with simple flats. ‘Hell no.’

            What about sports? Something she was actually good at. Soccer? Tennis? Swimming? No, none of them caught her interest. She watched a few girls pass by and spotted a key chain on one of their backpacks. It was a little volleyball with what was most likely the girl’s jersey number on it.

            ‘Perfect.’ She smirked.

            “Hey guys, I’m going to head off. See you losers later.” She stood up and slung her backpack over her shoulder.

            “You better not be going to see JR.” Zico grumbled with his mouth full of food.

            Jina chuckled and booped his nose with her finger. “That’s none of your concern.” She said sweetly and walked off.

            “She’s going to drive me insane.” He shook his head.

            “Then why go after her?” U-Kwon asked.

            “Because she gets me more than anyone.”

           

            Students started to pour out of the building as classes were dismissed. Jongup, Zelo and Youngjae were waiting at the front gates for Jina. Youngjae was obviously getting impatient and annoyed because his foot was tapping and his exhales were dragging on. Zelo sat on the ground with his back against the gate while Jongup stood next to him.

            “Where is she?” Youngjae huffed.

            “Just wait it’s only been ten minutes.” Jongup sighed.

            “Oh, noona texted me.” Zelo beamed at his phone. “She says, ‘I have to stay after, go ahead without me.’.”

            “We waited for nothing!” Youngjae threw his hands in the air and stomped towards their house.

            “B-but wait. What about Jina!?” Jongup chased after him.

            In the school, Jina was roaming down the hallways.

            “Jina! Hong Jina!” she heard someone call her name and turned to see her literature teacher.

            “Oh, hey Mr. Kwon.” She bowed slightly and turned to him.

            “I read that story you handed me.”

            “And?”

            “It was really good, I never expected you to be the writing type.”

            “No one does.” she sighed.

            “I would highly recommend you join the writers club.”

            “That’s what I was hoping for.” She admitted sheepishly.

            “We would be glad to have you.”

            “Really!?” she squealed in excitement. She then noticed the high pitched girliness in her voice and she put back on her poker face. “I mean, cool.”

            Mr. Kwon chuckled. “Our next meeting is Thursday.”

            “Alright.”

            “See

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter