Strange feeling

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “You boys look handsome.” Himchan praised as Zelo and Jongup had their dance outfits on.

          “Don’t we?” Zelo did a spin to show off both his moves and his outfit.

          Daehyun had kept his eyes on Jina the whole time and she didn’t look so good. He was wondering if it was because she was sad or just faking. The latter was true.

          “Jina, are you ok?” Yong Guk asked.

          “I’m fine.” She told him warily.

          “You look sick.” He put his hands on her cheeks and forehead. “You’re a little warm. You should rest.”

          “But I want to watch the boys dance.” She protested with a hoarse voice. Daehyun was beginning to really worry.

          “We’ll record it so you can watch later, ok?”

          “Fine.” She sunk into the couch. “Good luck guys.” She waved as they made their leave. Daehyun went up to her and looked at her in the eyes. “I’m good at acting, right?” she whispered and winked.

          “Good luck.” He pat her head smiled before leaving.

          As soon as the cars were gone she waited a few minutes before going straight upstairs and changing into her jersey and spandex. As she was pulling on her knee pads and shoes on the doorbell rang. She snatched her duffle bag and ran down the two flights of stairs and swung the door open. It was Seohyun who had offered to pick her up and take her to the game.

          “Ready?” the two had matching outfits with their hairs in ponytails.

          “Let’s go.” Jina smiled and slid into the passenger seat.

 

          “Welcome to the first districts volleyball game! Where TS versus SM high in a good first game!” the announcer hyped up the crowd. The net was set up and the teams were off warming up.

          Block B entered the place and saw all the people. Zico searched for Jina but saw no sign of her.

          “She’s in the locker room with the rest of the team.” Jaehyo told him with a smirk. They all took a seat near the front and waited patiently.

          “Is Jina any good?” Taeil asked.

          “She’s really good.” B-Bomb said. He was there when she first started playing volleyball and he helped her practice.

          “There they are!” P.O pointed out.

          “YEAH JINA! GET IT GIRL!” they all started shouting embarrassing things loudly but she just waved and laughed.

          “So supportive.” Seohyun laughed with her.

          “Block B is… unique.”

         

          “Hyung, when does it start?” Daehyun asked.

          “The boys are on in about ten minutes. Why?”

          “Just wondering.” He shrugged. Actually, he was wondering if he had time to watch the dance and then go see Jina play.

          “You seem like you don’t want to be here.” Youngjae nudged his sides.

          “I do.” He told him and pulled out his phone.

          ‘Jina, good luck! Fighting! J’ he texted her. He knew she wouldn’t respond but later she could see.

          “It’s a shame Jina couldn’t be here.” Himchan pouted.

          “I have a suspicious feeling.” Yong Guk’s cousin senses were tingling. Daehyun tensed. “I think she’s not at home.” He pulled out his phone.

          “W-what are you doing?” Daehyun asked nervously.

          “Calling her.” He said while putting the phone to his ear. “Weird, she’s not answering.”

          “She’s probably sleeping, I told her to rest before we left.” Daehyun lied.

          “Oh, I guess so… but still…”

          “They’re on!” Himchan interrupted as the stage lit up and music started to play.

 

          “The game is hot and intense as the teams are tied, ten to ten!”

          “Come on girls!” people cheered. Jina was at right front, ready for the other team to serve the ball. Block B watched her and the ball intently.

          “The ball is over!”

          “Here here!” Eunbi called for a set.

          “Eunbi, to me! Jina!” Seohyun only called her name to let her know that she would fake an approach and that Jina would have to hit it. As the ball came down she jumped in sync with her team mate and spike it but the ball was dug up by another girl.

          “Watch it!” Seohyun warned as they went to attack. The girl approached the ball but instead of hitting it she set it into a different direction by Jina. She was caught off guard and went to dive for the ball and missed by a few seconds.

          “Damn it.” She cursed under her breath and got up off the ground.

          “She’s getting frustrated.” B-Bomb said. All the boys were standing and watching, unable to sit down.

          “You got this Jina!” Zico hollered to her. She just looked at him and went back to position. She had her hands on her hips and she was panting. Her face was slightly flushed and sweat glistened on her forehead, and her expression was utterly serious.

          “Come on girls! Get it back before half time!” Jiae cheered.

          The ball was over again and the ball was being passed back and forth, all spikes being dug up and passed back. Jiae didn’t get to hit the ball yet, but she wanted to make the last hit. Zico watched intently.

          “She’s going to make a point.” B-Bomb announced.

          “How do you know?” Ukwon asked.

          “She has a fire in her eyes that refuses to lose. Her next spike will be hard, and fast.”

          They all noticed and low and behold, Jina called for the ball and jumped into the air. Once her hand hit the ball it went straight down and was like a blur. All that was heard was the smack of the ball and the thud of it on the floor a second later. Everyone erupted into cheers. The girls went to the side and rested and discussed tactics.

          “Wow, this is good. Should we come to all her games?” Kyung suggested.

          “I definitely will.” Zico said.

 

          Daehyun had to watch the other performances because at the end they would announce the winners. He wanted to leave right after the dance but Yong Guk would yell at him. He only hoped the game was still going on.

          “Would you stop tapping your foot?” Youngjae hissed. He hadn’t noticed that he was tapping his foot impatiently.

          “What’s up with you?” Himchan asked.

          “I’m just nervous to see if the boys won.” He lied.

          “They will, I know it.” Yong Guk said seriously.

 

          The second half of the game didn’t go on so well for Jina. The teams were still tied and she was doing poorly. All her spiked were being either blocked or dig up and all spiked coming her way were missed. Seohyun benched her and put Soomi in. She sat on the bench and composed herself, then someone ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter