Confused

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Jina.” Yong Guk sat on the edge of her bed.

          “Kill me now.” She said in monotone with her pillow over her face.

          “Come on kid.” He nudged her and she groaned. “I want to show you something.”

          “Do I have to get up?”

          “Change into some workout clothes. You still have a game in two days and you haven’t been keeping active so come on.” He peeled the blankets off of her and she whined. After she changed and put her hair up she trudged downstairs.

          “Well don’t you just look lovely.” Youngjae retorted while doing homework. She sighed and slumped to Yong Guk who was waiting for her to be ready.

          “We’ll be back.” He made sure Daehyun was no where to be found as they left.

          “Where are we going?”

          “Work.”

          “What?” she gave him an ‘are you kidding me?’ look.

          “You said you can fight, right?”

          “If you are a girl like me living in a big bad world you have to.”

          “It was a yes or no question…”

          “Yes.” She sighed.

 

          “I want you to pretend I’m a ert trying to take advantage of you in the middle of a dark alley.” Yong Guk put on the focus mits as Jina wrapped her hands with gauze. “Aren’t you going to put on gloves?” he asked.

          “I don’t pull out some gloves when a ert jumps me.” She jumped up and down to loosen up.

          “Give me a few hits.” He put his hands up and she jabbed it once and hopped on her feet. The whole time he kept urging her and telling her to hit with all she had. “Jina, you’re not giving it your all.” He scolded as she stood there with pink cheeks and shortness of breath.

          “I didn’t really plan on fighting today. I’ve done enough fighting.”

          “Who did you fight today?”

          Jina sighed and stretched her arms. “Myself. Everything in my life seems to be perfect but I manage to mess things up. I always mess things up.”

          “So you’re not mad at Daehyun or Zico. Just yourself.” Yong Guk concluded. She nodded. “So instead of imagining me as a you should imagine that I am you. Come on.” He waved her over. She put her dukes up and started punching again. “Imagine I am you. Young, naïve, and stupid. Kissing Zico, feeling guilty for Daehyun, being a shame to my parents.” He continued on and Jina just stared at him in disbelief.

          He had no response from her so he swat and hit her head. “Ow!” she yelped.

          “Jina as much as you seem cool and controlled you don’t realize that you’re hurting yourself. Come on. Hit me and show me how much you hate yourself right now! You became this delinquent your parents would be ashamed of. You have feelings for two different guys and you manage to push away anything that’s good for you!”

          Jina had tears in her eyes but her fists were clenched so tightly that her hands hurt. She swung at Yong Guk in a blind rage and missed a few times which pissed her off even more. She kept hitting and made sure to hit her target with all her might, not even realizing she was hitting her cousin everywhere besides the mits. He just stood there and took it and watched his little cousin unravel.

          When she got tired she just weakly hit him and stumbled on her feet. Her face was stained with tears and her eyes were red and puffy. After being tough for so long she just broke as Zico and Daehyun were the feathers on the camel’s back. Yong Guk put his hands on her shoulders and kept her steady as she wept.

          “Why am I such a damn mess?” she hiccupped and sent a weak punch to his chest. He pulled her in and squeezed her tight.

          “You’re going to be ok.” He cooed to her and rocked her back and forth.

 

          The two sat down quietly in a nice café nearby and drank smoothies quietly. Jina’s eyes were still puffy but she seemed calm now.

          “Do you feel better?” Yong Guk asked and earned a nod in response.

          “Do you do that when you’re stressed?” she asked and he nodded in reply too. “What do you stress about?”

          “At first, when I opened the gym, it was over a girl.” He a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter