House of recovery

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For weeks Yong Guk thought he had been making progress with Jina. Besides her attitude, which was still sharp and witty. She didn't sneak out, she did all her chores (with the help of one of the Block B members), and she hasn't smoked a single cigarette in a week. That was true, and Jina could feel herself going through withdrawals. Her fever was rising, her body ached and the pain in her head was immense. Yong Guk went upstairs to wake her up and she was curled tightly in her blanket. Her pale skin was slightly flushed at the cheeks.

"Jina?"

"Hmmm." she mumbled.

"You ok?"

"I feel like ."

"Don't use that word in my house and what's wrong."

"I need a smoke." she weakly sat up, her vision blurred and the nausea heightened.

Yong Guk finally understood what was going on and a small grin tugged on his lips. "Ah, you're going through withdrawals."

"You don't say." she sneered.

"Good, maybe you can quit."

"I'm not quitting."

"Why do you smoke?" he asked. "Does it make you cool, does it boost your badass image?"

"It keeps me unstressed." she told him.

"Find another stress reliever that won't kill you."

"I feel like I'm dying!" she exclaimed. "I'll call child protective services."

"Yeah and say what? I need a cigarette and my guardian won't give me one." he pretended to talk on the phone with his hand.

"AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!" she screamed so the whole house could hear.

"Guys don't find girls who smoke attractive."

"Never stopped me from getting laid before." she shot back.

"Do we need to get you a chastity belt too?"

"No, those are for the religious and prude." she rolled her eyes.

"I'm going to work. You're done smoking from now on, so power through it. Fighting!" he put a fist up and then stepped out.

"These guys are going to kill me."

'Oppa! I'm dying!' she texted Zico.

'What's wrong babe?' he responded.

'My cousin is letting me suffer through withdrawals and I need to smoke!'

'Are you able to get out?'

'Doesn't seem like it. Zelo, Daehyun, Jongup and Youngjae are right downstairs.'

'I'm sorry, if I could help I would.'

Jina sighed hopelessly. She was thirsty but fatigue held her back. She was burning up but stripping off every article of clothing wouldn't help. The room was spinning and no one could stop it. She could feel her mind slipping and everything was coming back.

Throughout the day there wasn't much commotion. Zelo and Jongup played video games, Youngjae was involved in a book, and Daehyun was just listening to music. Normally Youngjae was bickering with Jina and she was embarrassing the maknaes, but she hadn't come down. Last night she hadn't been feeling well so he was worried. Sneaking up the stairs he knocked on the door softly.

"Who is it?" a hoarse voice, which sounded like barely a whisper, spoke up.

"It's me." he poked his head in to see an ill looking Jina laying on her bed.

"Hey." she was emotionless.

"Are you ok?"

"No, I feel like I'm dying."

"Are you sick?"

"No." she shook her head. Daehyun sat on the edge of her bed and put his palm on her forehead. "I just need a smoke and Yong Guk won't let me."

"All for good reason, it's bad for you." he chided. Jina was too worn out to argue. "I'll make you some tea and soup."

"I'll probably just throw it back up."

"You need to eat something or you won't get better."

"Can I just have crackers and water?" she asked. The way she looked up at him resembled a pitiful kid who was sick in bed with the flu on a sunny day.

"Sure." he smiled and went to leave.

When he came back upstairs with a tray of water, saltine crackers and a warm cup of tea he saw Jina sleeping. He set the tray down on her desk and went to reassure that she was asleep. He looked down on her resting face and wondered how such an innocent look could be deceiving. Yong Guk says she was raised in a respectable home and that she was once very respectful, but after her parents death and moving to so many homes she went downhill. This was her rock bottom.

'I promise to help you. Maybe this isn't your rock bottom, just your new path uphill.'

 

"Always try to picture days filled with love: They're waiting for you. The sweet, sweet night wind Blows through my tired body -- If I stretch out my arms on the pedestrian bridge, Will I be able to fly far away? Even if you regret the past you've run away from, Time will pass and tomorrow will come Always try to picture yourself up until now: That's who's standing there, So it's OK -- look, The dark red sky is smiling. Children run around fearlessly, Without worrying about the consequences -- It's OK to be like that: it's the best way t
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter