Burdensome

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “We’ve been practicing hard for these past few weeks for our first game. Are you guys ready?” Seohyun asked as all the volleyball players circled up.

          “Yeah!” they answered.

          “Rest well and make sure you eat a good meal. Make sure victory is the only thing in sight, got it?”

          “Yes captain!”

          “Alright, power clap on three. One, two, three!” they all clapped and headed into the locker rooms. “Jina, who’s coming to watch the game?” she asked.

          “I’m going to ask my cousin and his friends.”

          “Oh yeah, you live with Zelo and the others, right?”

          “Yeah.”

          “Living with six handsome boys, so lucky.” She eyed her.

          “Just five. One of them is my cousin.”

          “Oh, right. So, after games we all usually either go out or do something fun. Any ideas?”

          “For the first game, let’s go play in the park at night. With glow sticks and what not. We used to do that in America.”

          “That sounds fun!” one team mate said.

          “What about a sleep over?” someone suggested.

          “All of us?” Seohyun questioned.

          “How about my house? It’s big enough. There’s only nine of  us.” Jina said while changing out of her sweaty clothes.

          “Wouldn’t it be crowded with six other people?”

          “Nope. They can stay in their room as we stay in my room. It’s big because they converted the attic into my bedroom.”

          “Really? Alright. At the second game we’ll sleep over at Jina’s. For our first after game outing we’ll all get glow sticks and water guns and head to the park.”

          “I can make tie dye glow in the dark shirts for us and put our names and numbers on it and everything.” A girl named Jiae said.

          “Awesome. We’ll wear them after every game. For these next few days, just rest. Ok?”

          “Daehyun’s here. See you guys.” Jina waved. For the past few weeks he had picked her up after practice and they would just talk and listen to music.

          “Does he always pick you up?” Seohyun asked.

          “Yeah.”

          “He must like you a lot then.”

          “He’s one of my brothers, don’t be silly.” She waved her off and went to the familiar car. “Bye guys!”

          “How was practice?” he asked, like he always did.

          “Fun, our first game is in three days.”

          “Really? Can I go?”

          “Of course. I’m going to tell Yong Guk about it too. After the game we’re going to go to the park with glow sticks and water guns and play around.”

          “Fun, I’m glad you made friends.”

          “You mean, ‘I’m glad you made friends with people who aren’t bad boys’.” She smirked.

          “That too.” Daehyun nodded sternly.

          “The guys aren’t that bad. Zico too, he’s changing with me.”

          “He’s still fishy.”

          “Whatever.”

 

          When they got home, Himchan and Youngjae were the only ones home. Jina looked around for Yong Guk but he was nowhere to be seen. Himchan told her he was out with the two maknaes and gave her a plate of dinner.

          “How was practice?” he asked.

          “Good.”

          “Did you work hard?”

          “Of course.”

          “Did you spike all the balls hard?”

          “I always do, but Seohyun unnie has been working on my setting with me.”

          “Ah, I see. When’s your first game?”

          Before she could answer and tell him it was this Friday, the front door burst open and three happy boys entered. Zelo and Jongup were laughing and dancing and Yong Guk had a big smile on his face. Everyone looked curiously.

          “What’s all the commotion?” Youngjae asked.

          “We are performing at the dance competition this Friday!” Jongup cheered.

          “These two have been working hard and I am very proud.” Yong Guk patted their shoulders.

          “Friday?” Daehyun asked and glanced at Minah.

          “Yes, and we’re all going to attend and cheer them on.”

          “But-”

          “I can’t wait.” Jina interrupted. “You guys are such gifted dancers.” She smiled. Daehyun just looked at her with a puzzled expression. “I’m going to shower. I sweat a lot during practice.” She excused herself and went upstairs. Daehyun looked at Yong Guk who was talking with the maknaes and he followed Jina to her room.

          “Yah.” He called. She turned and waved him into his room. “Why didn’t you tell them about the game? Are you not going?”

          “I am, I just won’t tell them.”

          “Why?”

          “He looked so proud of the boys. I didn’t want to trouble him and make him think he needed to attend my game and not see Zelo and Jongup.”

          “He won’t be troubled.”

          “Just don’t tell them ok? You can go to their competition. I don’t need anyone to watch me play, I have seven

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter