Genuinely Happy

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          The scene was so familiar and almost seemed like home. Music blaring, alcohol in the air, and bodies all together on the dance floor. Zico had a VIP booth just for Block B and Jina. Tonight was going to be more amazing than any other night, and he would make sure of it. The boys greeted the two as they entered.

          “Isn’t your ankle killing you in those heels?” Jaehyo asked.

          “A little discomfort but nothing a little alcohol won’t get rid of.” She winked.

          “Did the others celebrate with you?” B-Bomb asked, putting an arm around her.

          “Yeah it was so much fun. They all got me presents too. It was so sweet.” She didn’t mention the fact that her own cousin forgot her birthday.

          “Good, now are you ready to party?” Zico asked.

          “Ready as ever. Want to get some drinks?”

          “Taeil is getting that.” P.O pointed out, and right after he said that Taeil came with a tray of drinks. Beers and a few shots. A colorful drink and shot glasses caught Jina’s attention.

          “Ooh! What’s that?” she pointed.

          “Those are for you birthday girl. The bartender call these Colorful Killers. One shot of this has anyone drunk and this drink has five different alcohols.” He explained. “Because of your man like tolerance I thought this would get you drunk faster.”

          “It’s so pretty.” She smiled and grabbed the drink. One sip and it hit her hard. The taste was amazing but her head went spinning. “Whoa!”

          “Let me try.” Zico sipped, but even with a few drops he made a face. “Holy .” He gasped.

          “Shots!” Kyung cheered. Everyone grabbed one, Jina with her colorful one and lifted it into the air.

          “Happy birthday Jina!!!” Ukwon shouted. They all did the same and took their shots.

          “Oh my God. Is this how you guys feel after a shot?” she made a face. She couldn’t remember the last time alcohol dazed her.

          “We should get you these drinks all the time. It’s not fun that you’re always sober.” Zico said.

          “Dance with me?” B-Bomb asked.

          “One more shot!” she exclaimed and downed one more. “Ok let’s go.” Her face made him laugh as they went to dance.

          The night went on and everyone was drunk except for B-Bomb, who was always the sober one to make sure no one did anything. Even Jina was off the walls drunk. She was now dancing with Zico in a way Yong Guk would have most likely killed him for and nothing could stop them. He even stole a few kisses but they were only pecks. Everyone was happy, just like the old days.

          “Hey, want to go to Han river?” she asked.

          “Oh my gosh yes! Why are you so smart?” he slurred and pulled her to the guys. “Let’s go to the river!!!” he exclaimed and then ran out with Jina behind him.

          “I’ll drive!” a drunk Ukwon exclaimed.

          “I don’t think so.” B-Bomb waved the keys in his hands and walked on. Kyung came from the restroom while looking at his phone. “What’s up?”

          “Huh? Oh, nothing.” Kyung put his phone back in his pocket. “Where are we going?”

          “Han river, come on!”

 

          “I’m home!” Yong Guk called, all the boys were in the living room eating the left over cake. None of them acknowledged his presence. “Ooh, cake. What for?” he asked and ate some of Himchan’s.

          “Aish! !” he hissed and pulled his plate away.

          He gaped at his angry friend. “What’s your problem?”

          “You better hope Jina doesn’t kill you.” Youngjae said in monotone.

          “Why would she kill me?”

          “I would want to too if you forgot my birthday.” Daehyun retorted. Yong Guk was silent with an expressionless face until it finally hit him.

          “Oh no.”

          “She’s upstairs. Probably crying because her own cousin forgot her birthday.” Youngjae said. Yong Guk rushed up the stairs and knocked on her door. There was no answer.

          “Jina open up. I-I’m sorry.” He kept knocking but no one answered. He finally opened the door and looked around to see no one. “Jina?” he saw her phone on her bed but she also saw a clothes hanger and a shoe box. “Not again.” He groaned and ran downstairs. “She snuck out again.” He announced.

          “Let her go. She’s probably out partying with Block B. She deserves to have a fun time, especially since she’s legal now.” Daehyun said without looking away from the TV. He had seen that she was gone an hour ago and it upset him that she was with Zico right now, but she was having fun right now.

          “I can’t believe I forgot.” Yong Guk ran his fingers through his hair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter