People who care

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “YOU DID WHAT!?” Jina kept the phone six inches from her ear after she told him about her incident. Youngjae and Zelo watched anxiously.

            “I punched a guy in the face.” She repeated in monotone.

            “IT”S YOUR FIRST DAY AND YOU’RE ALREADY GETTING INTO FIGHTS!?”

            “I did it in self-defense.”

            “Bull crap. I’m sending Daehyun to get you.”

            “Us, Zelo and Youngjae are in the office too.”

            “Noona!” Zelo whined.

            “ALL OF YOU!?”

            “Except Jongup.”

            “Gee, that makes me feel ten times better.”

            “Bye.”

            “Bye.”

They hung up and Jina turned to Zico and the other boys who were sitting on the opposite side of the room. The shifted in their seats because they knew what was coming to them.

“What the heck do you think you’re doing!? What did these boys do to you!?” she hissed so the office ladies wouldn’t turn.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to school?”

“Because I am changing my attitude and it’s about time you changed yours. Beating up little Junhong just because he was trying to protect me.” She pouted as she fixed the maknae’s hair.

“Yeah right. You? Change?” Jihoon let out a laugh.

“Pyo Jihoon, do you want me to punch you again?” she threatened.

“Jina.” B-Bomb stood up with his head hung low. “I’m sorry.”

“For?”

“Beating up these guys. It was all Zico’s fault.”

“Yah!” Zico yelled angrily.

            “It’s ok oppa. I forgive you.” She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his waist.

            “Ahem.” The principal cleared . The students turned their heads. “So who is to blame for this?”

            “I am.” Jina naturally stepped up and took the blame.

            “No, she’s not.” Zico stood up. “I started the fight, Jina came over and stopped it. I apologize fully and take all the punishment.”

            Jina looked at him with wide eyes and so did the others. No one would have thought he would do such a noble thing.

            “Alright, since for once you haven’t made a smart remark. I give you a week of in school suspension. Jina, since you’re new you’re let off with a warning. Don’t let this happen again. You’re all suspended for the rest of the day, you can come back tomorrow.”

            ‘Thank god she wasn’t a heartless witch.’ Jina sighed.

            “Go wait outside for Daehyun.” She told Youngjae and Zelo. Youngjae surprisingly didn’t make a snide remark and followed Zelo out.

            “You guys can go, I need to talk to Jina.” Zico told his friends. They nodded and headed out. “Want to walk?” he asked with his arm out. Jina looked at him for a moment before taking it and walking with him out of the office. They strolled down the halls and didn’t say a word for a while.

            “Thanks.” She said.

            “I know taking the fall was not me, but if you can change, so can I.”

            “You don’t have to. Just because I am doesn’t mean you have to.”

            “I don’t want to lose you. If you change then we’re both going down different paths and might never see each other again.”

            “That’s not true. I can’t live without you guys. When I had no one you guys were there and I’m forever grateful. Plus, if I want to let loose a little who would I go to?” she joked.

            “You know you can always come to me, for anything. Good or bad I’m here.”

            “Zico, I think I can finally say that you’re maturing.”

            “I’ve been mature!”

            “Ah, the last time I saw you guys we were all in the first stages of puberty.”

            “I’ve grown a lot since then.” Zico wiggled his eye brows. Jina laughed at his unsaid ual innuendo.

            “Shut up.”

            “Hey, puberty was good to you. Milky skin, cute face, and not to mention a fine body.”

            “I would say the same but that would only boost your big ego.”

            “I’ll take that as a ‘Zico you’re oh so y’.” He imitated Jina’s voice.

            “Whatever, I should go.”

            “Wait.” Zico grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him. “I’ll miss you babe.”

            “You talk like we’re a couple.”

            “We could be.”

            “In your dreams.” She teased.

            “Then at least give me a friendly good bye kiss.”

            Jina rolled her eyes but accepted what was about to come. Just as their lips brushed each other a noise interrupted them.

            “Ahem.”

          

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter