Girlfriends

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Welcome to Guk-Chan training gym. Are you looking for a membership?” Himchan greeted the customer who came in. She smiled and looked around.

          “Is Bang Yong Guk here?” she asked.

          “Uh, yeah. Hold on a second. Yo, Guk!” Himchan hollered.

          “What is it?” the husky voice made the girl straighten up and smile. “What do you…” he froze at the sight of the girl.

          “Long time no see.” She flashed him a pretty smile.

 

          Jina walked out of the school with her duffle bag over her shoulder. The words Seunghyun had spoken to her last night.

          “Jina, I have a girlfriend.”

          “R-really? What’s her name?”

          “Bom. She is a great woman and I am sure you will love her.”

          “… Will I?”

          “You’ll have lunch with her and I this weekend. Please, I really like her.”

          “Fine. Just for you… If I don’t like her I will let her know.”

          “Wouldn’t expect anything less.”

 

          Jina was so deep in thought that she didn’t notice Daehyun right in front of her. He smirked as she kept walking and bumped her head on his chest. She stepped back and pouted, earning a laugh from him.

          “You ok?”

          “Yeah. Just tired.” She excused lamely and he saw right through it.

          “Come on, get in the car.” He told her and she hopped in.

          Daehyun drove on and Jina noticed it was not in the direction of home. She gave him a questioning glance but he just smiled and looked at the road. She didn’t question because she didn’t feel like going home anyway.

          “Why are we here?” she asked as they pulled into an empty lot. He ignored her and stepped out, she followed his actions and looked around. She held her jacket close since she only had shorts on. “Daehyun.”

          “Sit.” He patted the hood as he laid out on it. She didn’t question and lie beside him. “Now what’s bothering you?”

          ‘Damn him.’

          “Seunghyun has a girlfriend. We’re having lunch this weekend.”

          “Ah, I see. So you’re jealous he won’t give you attention?”

          “No, he’s just never been the guy to… pick the right girl.”

          “Don’t worry. If anything, you’ll scare her out of her wits if she’s a gold digger.” He joked. They both chuckled and fell silent as they looked at the darkening sky.

          “Is Yong Guk worried that… I might want to be with Seunghyun instead of him?” Daehyun looked at her in amazement.

          “Yes.”

          “I knew it. He was always jealous that I loved Seunghyun more. He shouldn’t worry though. I like living with him. He makes me feel like he’s there, like my parents would have.”

          “You should tell him that before he freaks out.”

          “Is he really freaking out?” she started to laugh. “That oaf.”

          “Only because he loves you.”

          “I love him too.”

 

          Daehyun and Jina pulled up to the house in a lighter mood. They entered the dark house finding it eerily quiet, especially since it was only nine o’clock. The two exchanged nervous glances and crept in silently. The sound of light laughter could be heard in the living room. Jina widened her eyes and then cocked an eyebrow at the sight of Yong Guk on the couch with a strange woman.

          “Oh, Daehyun, Jina. You guys are home late.” Yong Guk commented.

          “You’re not yelling at me, I’m guessing it’s because we have a guest.” Jina lightly teased and walked to the kitchen. “And I’m guessing everyone isn’t running wild around here because she is here too.” She said as she pulled her plate of food from the microwave.

          “Hi, I’m Jieun.” She smiled.

          Jina didn’t acknowledge her and Yong Guk had a scowl on his face. Daehyun swept in with a smile.

          “Hi, I’m Daehyun. Don’t mind Jina, she had a rough practice, I took her out to relax. That’s why we were late.”

          “Practice?”

          “Jina plays volleyball.” Yong Guk told her.

          “Really? I used to play a little too, but it was too rough so I gave up on it.”

          Jina was about to make a snarky remark so Daehyun jumped in again. “Jina is a tough girl.”

          “I won’t keep you so I’ll eat dinner upstairs. Care to join me?” she asked as she held up Daehyun’s plate.

          “Sure. Good night.” He bowed and followed Jina up the stairs. “Hey.” He hissed under his breath as they were at the top. “What was that all about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter