Just Chill

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “What are you doing here?”

          “What? Not happy to see me?” Zico’s cocky voice rang. He stepped in front of her with a smile. “Wanna’ go out with me tonight?”

          “I can’t. I have homework and Yong Guk will be mad if I’m not home before ten.” Jina told him bluntly.

          “Jina, we haven’t hung out in forever, and I miss you.” He took her hands and played with them.

          “Zico, we can hang out anytime during the weekend.”

          “I miss the old you.”

          “I know, but things are better this way. I honestly haven’t been happier since my parents died.”

          “Are you really?”

          “Yeah.” She nodded.

          “Ok.”

          “Pfft, how can you be so understanding? You’re Woo Jiho for God’s sake.” She teased.

          “It’s because it’s you, and only you. You should feel special.” He spoke softly and stepped closer to Jina with their hands still intertwined.

          “Oh should I?” she teased.

          “Yes.” Zico pressed his forehead to hers.

          “Zico.” Her voice calling his name was like pure ecstasy.

          “Jina.” He responded as their eyes met. It was getting darker yet they just stood there, both their hearts thudding in their chests.

          “Jina.” A different voice spoke. A stern and deep voice. To Jina’s relief it wasn’t as deep as Yong Guk’s.

          “Daehyun.” She quickly stepped back.

          “I came here to pick you up.” He spoke to her but his cold eyes were drilling holes on Zico’s figure.

          “Oh, thanks. Zico, I’ll see you in school tomorrow.” She gave his hand one light squeeze before going to Daehyun’s car. The two guys had a staring contest before going to their cars.

          “Can we stop by the store before we go home?” Jina asked.

          “Why?”

          “I want to get some ice cream.”

          “Alright. How was practice?” he asked as they drove off.

          “Good, Seohyun helped me a lot.”

          “That’s good. I never knew you played volleyball.”

          “There are a lot of things I can do, I just stopped doing them. Also, the moving didn’t help either.” She replied as she stared out the window.

          Daehyun didn’t say anything in reply but would glance at her every so often. Jina only looked at Seoul’s night scene with a bored expression. Normally, her eyes would light with excitement and anticipation. Her sense of adventure would come out, but now she didn’t seem in the mood to go out and party.

          “You mind if I turn on some music?” he asked with his hand on the radio knob.

          “I don’t care.” Jina shrugged. He turned it on and the car filled with the sound of music. “I like this song.”

          “Nell is a good band.”

          “The song is great too, the music video really helped emphasize the lyrics.”

          “My thoughts exactly.” Daehyun smiled at Jina in amazement. They both laughed and exchanged smiles.

          When they got to the store, Jina went ahead and looked at all the ice creams. Daehyun walked behind and watched her curiously as she looked through all the glass doo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter