Lying Game

Sly as a fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Jina sat at a table outside a cafe, sipping on a warm cup of coffee. Autumn was at its fullest and winter chills were approaching. Even if she was only in a big sweater, jeans, boots, and a scarf, her face could still be seen. Usually she wore sunglasses when going out, but that day she didn’t care because she was enjoying the day. Someone sitting in the seat in front of her broke her deep train of thought.

            She laughed when she saw Bom in a chic black outfit and thick sunglasses looking in a different direction.

            “Bom unnie, what are you doing?”

            “Ssshhh! Do you want to get caught?” she hissed.

            “Caught by who? Am I wanted by the cops?” Jina snorted.

            “I don’t want to risk Yong Guk seeing us.”

            “He’s at work, which is on the other side of town.”

            Bom peeked under her sunglasses and gave her a look. “Ugh, fine.” she rolled her eyes and sat normally. “So how are you?”

            “Good. Things are going good.” Jina smiled sincerely.

            Bom looked down at her fiddling fingers. “Seunghyun is really worried.”

            “If I went to see him would he be mad?”

            “At first, but then he’d be happy to see you… You could at least call him.”

            “He might track my call and bring me back to Yong Guk.”

            “He would not.” Jina gave her an ‘are you kidding me?’ look. “Ok fine, but he really is worried about you. He can’t sleep at night.”

            “Isn’t it your job to make sure he can.” she put her cup to her lips and winked. Bom laughed.

            “I miss you too Jina.”

            “I’m sorry. I’ll come back soon.” she promised. “But I came here to discuss other matters.” she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms and legs. “Did you get that picture from Kyung?”

            “We all did. I think Yong Guk did as well.”

            “Did he dump her yet?”

            “Not from what I heard.”

            “You’re kidding me! Why is he still with her?” she fumed. “I told him from the beginning that she was wishy washy.”

            “I know, but boys are dumb.”

            “Real es.”

            “I’ll talk to him later. He needs some things cleared out for him.”

            “Thank you.”

            “I’ll see you later. Be safe.” Bom said as she stood up.

            “I will.”

            “Come here.” she held out her arms for a hug. Jina stepped into them and hugged her back. “I’ll be sure to get you back soon.”



 

            Jieun was in the mall, looking through the rows and rows of pretty clothes. She had her new allowance from her newest boy toy and was ready to spend it all. As she flipped through coats she almost screamed when she slid one aside and revealed someone staring at her.

            “Oh my God!” she squealed and jumped back. “J-Jina?”

            “Hey homewrecker.” Jina pushed herself off the rack and stepped around it. Jieun stepped back a little.

            “W-what are you doing here?”

            “Why else would I be at the mall?” she retorted and looked at the price tag of a coat. “These things are pretty expensive. Get the money from your new boo?”

            “You’re not here to shop.”

            “No, I’m not.” she shrugged. “Oooh!” she sang and pulled out a leather jacket. “I would wear this. Wouldn’t it look nice with my combat boots, wife beater, chain necklace, and brass knuckles?”

            “Jina.” Jieun whimpered and stepped back.

            “Everyone knows you know.”

            “Knows what?”

            “Your little secret. Kyung caught you at the club.” when Jieun didn’t respond and froze Jina smirked. “I think Yong Guk knows too. You better hope he doesn’t. Who else will buy you this pretty coat.”

            Jieun flinched when she stepped forward. “Please don’t hurt me!”

            “Why would I want to hurt you? I talked to Yong Guk, he’ll be the one to deal with you.”

            “You talked to him?”

            “I’m moving back in.” she lied.

            “W-wha-?”

            “I need to leave and unpack my things. I hope you and Yong Guk end things on a good note.”

            Jieun watched as Jina left. There was no way Yong Guk could know. Would he have forgiven Jina so easily and let her back in? One thing was certain in her manipulative little mind.

            She wasn’t going down without a fight.



 

            Yong Guk sat in his office, thinking over everything. He felt like his world was falling apart. Jina was gone and nowhere to be found and she did not want to see him. Jieun was possibly cheating on him and no one liked her anyway. (a/n: NO !!!)

            No one understood why he always stood by her. The truth was, he genuinely loved her. She was his high school sweetheart, and he never got over her after she had moved to the States. When she had come back asking to see him again it was like a dream come true. He was only so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter