Chapter 18

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    e i g h t e e n
rivalry 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

KRIS's POV

 

I feel guilty about what I said about Sulli earlier. I know deep inside that it’s not true; the truth is I like her but denying is the best thing to do.

 

My friends already went to my room; I stayed behind a couple of minutes to clean our mess at the living room. When I finished, I followed to my room and try to sleep but unfortunately I can’t.

 

I’m a big fat liar for denying my interest to Sulli but it is better or else my friends won’t stop bugging me about it.

 

I felt some shuffling sound on my bedroom floor, I ignored it. But someone stood up and I realized its Lay when his face reflected on the light coming from the moon. Maybe he can’t sleep as well.

 

He opened my bedroom door and went outside, I still hear his footsteps coming down the hall until it faintly disappeared.

 

I silently wait for him to come back, its almost 30 minutes since he left the room. What took him so long?

 

I stood up from my bed and walks towards my bedroom’s balcony. It views the poolside so imagine my shock when I saw Lay with Sulli in there talking.

 

I clenched my fists, I don’t know why but I felt the urged to punch Lay. Am I jealous? No I am not.

 

Yes, I am the denial king and so what?

 

Lay’s next action make my blood boil, he rested Sulli’s head on his shoulder. Is she crying? Who made her cry? I’m going to kill that bastard.

 

And what is that? He’s wiping her tears with his thumb. WTH? Does he like her? No way.

 

My vision starts to get , learning that I don’t want someone near Sulli like that. Lay lifted her up and walks inside the house; I take it as my cue to corner them.

 

I waited for Lay whose carrying sleeping Sulli on the top of the stairs. When he saw me, he was shocked.

 

“Give her to me” I demanded him.

 

“No, she’ll wake up if I pass her to you. Just tell me where her room is.”

 

Does this guy oblivious to my mood? Is he numb to not know?

 

I glared at him but holds back coz I know he has a point. I led him to Sulli’s room but I stayed with them as he put her down her bed carefully and tucks her in.

 

When he finished, he grabbed Lay’s arm and drags him out of her room.

 

“What happen to her? Did she cry?”

 

“Yeah” he simply nodded.

 

“Why? Who did this?” I asked, anger swelling up inside me.

 

“Ask that yourself Kris hyung”

 

I am confused. “What do you mean?”

 

He sighed. “She heard us talking earlier and she heard what you said”

 

I am shocked. I am the one who’s responsible for hurting her.

 

“Do you like her?” I asked him.

 

“What if I said yes, what will you do?” he said seriously staring at me.

 

I just simply stood there, unable to answer my friend. He likes Sulli and here I am not doing anything about it. Maybe this is for the better. I always say that but will it really be better for all of us? I still don’t know.

 

“I don’t know Lay”

 

“Keep yourself up hyung, until you settle your feelings, I won’t make any move but remember I will always be here for Sulli no matter what”

 

I nodded, knowing that I got myself an unofficial rival.

 

*****

 

Lay went to my room to finally sleep, leaving me on the hallway.

 

Sighing, I sneak at Sulli’s room. Opening the door, I slowly walk to her bed and sit on the edge of it.

 

I caress her hair, “Sorry for hurting you, I don’t mean it. I’m just scared to love again.”

 

“Please wait for me until I resolved my personal issues, I know it’s too selfish to ask but can you wait for me?” leaning down, I kissed her lips.

 

Standing up, my chest can breathed evenly now that I tell her what I feel which I can’t directly tell her when she’s awake.

 

Walking out of her room, I took a last glance at her form before closing the door behind me.

 

 

LAY's POV

 

After having the mini confrontation with Kris hyung in the hallway, I practically drag myself to his room and lay down the comforter beside Chanyeol.

 

I saw hyung’s face when I said I like her and with that I prove that he likes her as well.

 

Well, I’m true to what I said that I won’t do anything until he realized his feelings. I don’t want to make a move knowing that I will hurt someone close to me in the process.

 

Hyung has been holding himself up in liking Sulli, I know it’s because of her past girlfriend who just used him. He really loves her a lot and it breaks him into pieces when he realized her intentions.

 

I need to give hyung his chance. Am I too giving? I think so. But I’m doing this for friendship but if he hurts Sulli, I will fight in no end. I will make her mine and protect her and that’s a promise.

 

After having mental note to keep my promises, I fell asleep.

 

 

SULLI's POV

 

Kris caresses my hair, “Sorry for hurting you, I don’t mean it. I’m just scared to love again.”

 

“Please wait for me until I resolved my personal issues, I know it’s too selfish to ask but can you wait for me?” leaning down, he kissed my lips.

 

I opened my eyes to see nothing. I think it’s a dream, it is better to dream forever about him. It’s just a dream.

 

I notice I’m on my bed; oh I remember I fell asleep on Lay’s shoulder. He probably tuck me to bed, I will thank him tomorrow.

 

I sighed once again before going back to sleep.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  Here’s another chapter to make up on my absence. Hehe

Hope you like it; let me know what you think? Thank you OuO

My feels over exo is on the roof... ugh