Chapter 27

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t w e n t y  s e v e n
their back
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

The driver park the car when we arrive in the house and I hurriedly get off and open the front door. My eyes widen on the sight I’m seeing.

 

Tears starting to cloud onto my eyes as I slowly walked towards to them.

 

“Umma! Appa!” I said when umma opens her arms, waiting for me to walk inside it.

 

I run and engulf my umma in a hug while crying, she soothingly rubs my back and appa joins us after. He kissed the top of my head. I leaned back to look at them.

 

“I missed you so much umma, appa.” I said pouting.

 

“Aww~ my baby. We missed you too.” Umma kissed my forehead as she pats my back.

 

Appa smiles at me and cups my face; he wipes my tears with his thumb. “Don’t cry my little girl. Appa and Umma are here now.”

 

I sniff, trying to stop my tears. I’m just so happy to see them back, two months that they’re not here is just incomplete. Of course, Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho played the role of my parents but still it is different with my real parents.

 

“You’re not leaving anymore, right?” I said hoping that they’ll stay.

 

Umma and appa look at each other meaningfully and look back at me with a wide grin on their faces.

 

“We will be staying for good now baby.” Umma said.

 

I jumped in happiness and squeals. I just noticed that Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho are behind them, watching our mini reunion, with smiles on their faces.

 

“Is this the surprise you’re talking about Auntie?” I asked, smiling.

 

She nods. “Yes it is dear. Did you like it?”

 

“Of course, this is the best surprise ever.”

 

“I’m glad, now come on let’s eat dinner. I know all of you are probably hungry.” She suggested as she walks beside my mom and links their arms as they walked to the dining room.

 

Likewise, Uncle Yunho waits for my dad and puts his arms around his shoulders and follows their wives, I watch them. My parents, Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho are really the best of friends. I love the friendship they have.

 

“You really have a thing about standing in a spot in a deep thought, are you princess?” Luhan gege grins as he walks towards me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

 

I didn’t even sense that he’s coming.

 

“Where did you come from? You’re like a mushroom popping out of nowhere.” I said puffing my cheeks.

 

He pokes my cheeks and laughs.  “I came from the door you know. You’re just in a deep trance that you didn’t notice that I come inside.”

 

Kris and Kai then walk in and look at both of us.

 

“Are you two having a moment in here?” Kai wiggles his brows.

 

“Shut up. Now let’s go and eat.” I said, wiggling out from Luhan gege’s arms and walks to the dining room.

 

I hear them laughing behind me. I just continue walking until I reached the dining room with them. They stopped laughing when they saw my parents on the table.

 

“Aunt Sooyoung! Uncle Siwon! You’re here!” Kai gasped.

 

My umma and appa smiled at them and nods.

 

“Sit down now. Let’s start eating.” Uncle Yunho instructed his three sons and of course me.

 

We immediately sit on our respective places.

 

“When did you arrive, Auntie?” Luhan gege asked umma.

 

“Just this afternoon Luhan.” My mom replied, smiling.

 

We all started eating.

 

“Are you staying for good or just visiting Sulli?” Kai asked.

 

My appa answer this time, “We’re staying for good.”

 

“Oh that’s nice. We will be a one big happy family in this house.” He grins.

 

My parents looked at each other, Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho exchanged looks as well.

 

“Uhm actually they’ll living separately from us.” Aunt Boa said.

 

Kai, with his spoon on midway towards his mouth hangs. Likewise, Luhan gege and Kris oppa looks baffled as well. I blinked at my parents, asking through my eyes.

 

“What do you mean? Sulli will still stay here, right mom?” Luhan gege asked.

 

Three pair of eyes waits for my parents answer. Appa sighed and shakes his head sadly.

 

“I’m afraid not. Sulli will come with us. We will leave the day after tomorrow.”

 

It’s my turn to stop in tracks and inhales sharply. I know this time will come but I didn’t know that it will hurt like this. Aunt Boa and her family has been my family for almost 3 months already.

 

“What? But aunt, uncle, we don’t want Sulli to leave. She’s like a sister to us.” Luhan gege pleads, putting down his spoon and fork.

 

Kai nodded in agreement with him. I secretly took a glance at Kris oppa and bam he’s looking at me. I looked back at him, a small and sad smile plastered in my face.

 

I don’t want to leave but I want to be with my parents either. This house is just for the Wu’s and we’re not included. If my family lives here as well, it will be embarrassing. Besides, they will never have privacy if we’re here.

 

“Luhan, we have talked about it with them. At first, I don’t want Sulli to leave either but her parents need her and you know how sad Sulli is when her parents are not here.” Aunt Boa tries to reason out to his son.

 

“I know that mom but they can move in here as well if they want. No one needs to leave.”

 

My mom smiles at him. “I and your Uncle Siwon have thought about it. It’s a good idea but you know a house is just for one family, and you will never have privacy if we’re here. We don’t want to take Sulli away to you guys either but we need to stay as a family and we need to start a new.”

 

Luhan gege sighed.

 

“I understand Auntie. It’s just that Sulli has been close to us just like our little sister. The house will never be the same without her.”

 

“I’m glad you have been treating my daughter well. Sulli will still be studying in your school Kai and Kris so you will be seeing her still. Besides our new house is just near here, you can visit her guys here and vice versa.” Appa told them.

 

The three of them nod with heavy heart.

 

It pains me to see them like that, they’ve been my brothers and Kris oppa, we actually have the chance to be close just these past few days but now I don’t know anymore but I’m hoping that nothing will change.

 

*****

 

I and the three brothers are in the pool area as our parents still catching up in the living room. Silence envelop the four of us, no one dares to talk, maybe still shocked to big news that is delivered to us this night.

 

I sighed, not knowing what to say despite the fact that they’re here with me. I know they’re waiting for me to speak about it but I can’t find my tongue to do it.

 

Luhan gege walked to where am I sitting, he sat beside me and just like what he always do, he wraps his arms around my shoulders.

 

“We will miss you princess.” He said. I look up at him, tears threatening to fall in my eyes but I tried to stop it.

 

He’s smiling but it didn’t even reach his eyes. I know he’s sad; the proof is he actually pleads earlier to make me stay.

 

“I will miss you too guys.”

 

“I feel helpless; I can’t do anything to make you stay. They have a point, they are your family and they need you.” He said, nodding. Luhan gege is mature even though he acts playful t times.

 

Kai walks to us and he sat on my other side. He pats my head, smiling sadly.

 

“We don’t have a baby anymore.”

 

“You can still see me in school though.”

 

“I know but it is different when you’re here with us. I can’t wake you up anymore.”

 

I smile but soon after my tears started flowing out of my eyes. I felt their hands wraps around me, they are both hugging me.

 

“Don’t cry princess. We will visit you and you can visit us either, okay?” Luhan gege said.

 

“Hyung is right, we’ll see to it that we can hang out every once in a while and don’t forget about us. We’re still your brothers.”

 

“If there’s someone who bullies you, call me and if we found out that someone is courting you, do tell us either so we can interrogate him.” Luhan gege seconded.

 

“You know I’m just moving out the house not living the country.” I nodded and try to stop my tears but failed miserably. Luhan gege wipes my tears with his thumb.

 

“Our giant baby is crying. Shh~ everything will be fine.”

 

I sniff and accidentally look at Kris oppa, he’s looking back at me. The other two must have sensed that we need to talk.

 

“Princess, we’ll be leaving you two out of here. Kai and I will be inside.” He said standing up and pats my head before leaving with Kai.

 

I watched both them go inside the house. I looked up at Kris oppa slowly as he walks to me. He crouched down beside me before plopping himself after.

 

“Oppa are you mad at me?” I asked. I rubbed my sweaty hands on my skirt, nervous what he will answer.

 

He sighed and looks at me. “I am not mad at you Ssul. I’m just sad that you will be leaving us in two days.”

 

“I am shocked as well. I mean I know that it will happen but still it is somehow hurting that I grew close to your family.”

 

He smiles at me just like Luhan gege’s, it didn’t reach his eyes. There’s a glimmer on those eyes that it is likes a magnet that I can’t take my eyes away from it.

 

“To think that we’re starting to be close as well, I regret that I’ve been rude to you that I didn’t come to realization that it so nice to be close to you and now it’s too late.”

 

I hold his hands. “You know oppa, it is never too late.”

 

Heat rushed up to my cheeks and I know I’m blushing because of how he looks at me. It is melting me just like the first time.

 

*****

 

Tuesday, I am supposed to be on school but I decided to skip since this is the day that we’ll move out. I already packed my things last night before I went to bed, now I’m all ready to go.

 

Déjà vu! Just like what happen when my parents decided to leave to Aunt Boa’s care, I sat up on the edge of my bed. Looking around my room for the past 2 months, I will surely miss this place. The things that Auntie did before is just awesome.

 

Not just the place but the people who lives in it, I will miss them so much. But it is time to say bye. The brothers insisted to help us moving out but my parents refused since they don’t want them to skip school so it will be just me, my parents and Aunt Boa with Uncle Yunho.

 

After, memorizing the details of my soon to be old room, I went down to my parents. They’re waiting me outside, ready to go but before I could walk out, Aunt Boa pulls me in for a hug, she kissed my forehead. As I looked up, I saw tears in her eyes.

 

“We will miss you dear.”

 

I tried not to cry. “I will miss you too Auntie, all of you actually.”

 

She nods to my parents. Uncle Yunho and my appa do this fist pump thingy while umma and Auntie hugs each other. We went in our car after and drove off; I looked back as appa drove out of the driveway, a sad smile on my face.

 

*****

 

We arrived to our new house in about 15 minutes. The house that we’ll be moving in is a contemporary house, I was actually curious about it when appa told me that he’s the one  who designed it. He’d been working on it even after he went to Jeju with umma but he keeps it as a secret to both of us since he wants it to be a surprise.

 

 

My appa is an architecture graduate, he’s a certified architecture but he likes to manage business as well. He’s been working in a firm before but decided to work in house instead, he accepts projects at home so he controls his time when it comes to work. Umma is a fashion design student just like Aunt Boa but umma ended up being a model. She stops working when I was born.

 

 

Our car stops to a medium built house. It is not as big as the Wu’s but I like it this way, this is enough for just the three of us. It is a modern type house and it is so cool. I can’t believe that appa design this. This is awesome.

 

 

 

On the inside, it is fully furnished and I was in awe looking at it. Umma has the same reaction as well; this is actually her first time seeing this. Appa is just into surprises but I know just like me she loves it as well. I know we’ll be very happy in our new house.

 

 

Appa wraps his right arms to my shoulders and the left to umma, a wide smile on his face as he looks at us.

 

“Do you like it?”

 

“Of couse appa, this is so amazing.”

 

Umma nods, smiling.

 

“Ah I’m glad you do. Now you go and explore the house.” He pats my head.

 

I nods and walks around and I totally love the vibe in here, I looked back to them and they’re hugging. Aww~ couples really. Shaking my head, I walked upstairs, there are three doors, and I open them one by one.

 

The first door is what I guessed would be the master’s bedroom; the next one is an office. Hm, it will be appa’s working station. The last door is my room.

 

 

It doesn’t look like a princess room just like what I have at the Wu’s but look at the bed, it is unique and the interior is nice. And it is purple, my favorite color! Appa really knows me so well. It is a lady like bedroom fit for a teenager like me. I like how the ray of sunlight passes through the window as well. Wow!

 

 

I plopped myself on the bed and rolls around. So soft, omo! I hugged one of the pillows as I stare at the ceiling. I heard the door open and my parents stood there eyeing me, smiling,

 

“So baby girl, did you like your new room? I know it is nothing like your room back there but I hope it will make you comfortable.” Appa said as he brings in my things and settles it beside the bed.

 

“I love it appa! So much!” I sit up and give him thumbs up.

 

“Good. So me and your umma will unpack as well, okay? You too. After that we’ll cook so just go down after you finished.”

 

I nod before they close my door behind them.

 

This is a new start for us and I need to embrace our new home. I will miss the Wu’s though especially the three brothers. I hope nothing will change to our closeness.

 

‘Aish Sulli, stop thinking about it. Nothing will change.’ I sighed and kneel down in front of my things and start unpacking.

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  Update update update! Ahaha! I hope you like it. Thanks for reading and don’t forget to comment.

The new triler on the foreword comes from Amighty Graphics: Thank you so much :)