Chapter 26

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t w e n t y  s i x
modeling offer
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

I answered the call and listen to the person on the other line.

 

“Sulli, this is Minho Choi. This is my number; I have something to tell you.”

 

“Oh okay what is it?”

 

“My company saw your pictures and they like you. You’re expression, how you pose in the camera is so natural that they want you to be my model for my next project and not just that they are offering you to be a part-time model for us since you’re still a student so that will be the arrangement first.”

 

“Bwo???” I am shocked to what I’m hearing.

 

I noticed in my peripheral vision that Kris oppa is looking at me worriedly but I decided to ignore him to focus on what Minho saying on the other line.

 

“Sulli are you still there?” Minho asked in the other line.

 

“Urm yes. I was just socked to hear your news.” I said after recovering to the initial shocked.

 

“So are you going to accept it or not?”

 

“Can I think about it first?” I asked him hesitantly.

 

“Sure. You now have my number so if you come up with a decision just call me or send me a message.”

 

“Okay. Thank you Minho.” I said before hanging up.

 

They’re offering me a modeling job and they want me. Wait, is it for real? Wow, I’m so happy. But I need to think about the offer first, I don’t want it to be a distraction in my studies but I really want to try.

 

“Sulli, are you okay? What is it about?” Kris oppa asked me.

 

Oh shoot how can I forgot him, I looked at him, smiling.

 

“Minho called to tell me that he’s company offers me a modeling job.”

 

I noticed that his face dim for a second at the mention of Minho’s name.

 

“Did you accept it?”

 

“Not yet. I want to think it over first but I want to try.”

 

“You know if you want it then you grab the opportunity given to you but just don’t forget your limitations like your studies.”

 

“It is for part time though.”

 

“The decision will all be yours Ssul and I will be here to support you, oh well I mean all of our friends and both our families.” He said, scratching the back of his neck.

 

I find his action cute and I can’t help but to smile at that.

 

“Thank you oppa.”

 

*****

 

When we got back home, I went to my room and lays down on my bed to retaliate everything that happens today. First, the sudden change to Kris oppa’s behavior to me and now I am calling him oppa but it makes my heart flutter that he’s making it up to me. I’m not saying that it is for romantic purposes but I’m just happy that I don’t need to avoid him anymore.

 

Second, the modeling offer from Minho. That is overwhelming knowing that they want me to do the project. But the thing is I’m still thorn if I’ll accept the project or not. Seriously, Kris oppa has a point. I just need a time to think it over so I will not regret it in the end.

 

I fell asleep thinking about it.

 

*****

 

Sunday morning, I slowly opened my eyes when I felt the ray of light hit my face. I looked over my bedside table to look at the time, 7:00 am. Too early, I cover my head with a pillow when I heard my door opened, thinking that it might be the maid I continue to cover my face.

 

Then I feel my bed sank down a bit meaning there’s someone who sat in it. I opened my eyes but didn’t bother to remove the pillow over my head. I heard noises as if someone is whispering.

 

Oh I see its Luhan gege and Kai again, this punk. I will get my revenge now for teasing me last time. I continue to pretend that I’m sleeping.

 

I felt someone shakes me.

 

“Princess, wake up!” Kai screams.

 

Uh-huh! They thought I will be startled with that.

 

“Hyung, she’s not waking up.”

 

“Is she dead?” Luhan gege asked, his voice laced out with concern.

 

“I don’t know, she should be jumping in shock, I’ve scream loud, right?”

 

I peeked under the pillow and I stifle a laugh when I saw Kai and Luhan gege sitting with their back facing me. A plan cross my mind, I slowly sit up, not wanting to make any noises and I jump on their back while screaming on the top of my lungs.

 

I burst out laughing when they fall on the floor, me on top of them. I sat on Kai’s stomach while my legs dangling on Luhan gege.

 

“YAH! Choi Sulli, what is that for?” Kai asked after he recovered.

 

Luhan gege just shakes his head in amusement.

 

“Payback. Revenge!” I said sticking both of my tongue out to them.

 

“Get off now you’re heavy.” He whines.

 

“No.”

 

Luhan gege just set aside my legs and got up.

 

“I thought we could prank you this time but tables turn. Tsk sulli is a creeper.” He said grinning.

 

“Hyung help me.” Kai raise both his arms asking for help from Luhan gege.

 

“Princess get off from Kai now. I think he can’t breathe.”

 

I pout then stand up. “Are you saying I’m heavy gege?”

 

Kai stand up and wraps his arms around my shoulders.

 

“Yes you are Sulli baby.”

 

“YAH!” I punch his stomach and bite his arms.

 

“Why are you so violent these days?” Kai asked, rubbing his arms where I bite.

 

I grin cheekily at him. “It’s because you always tease me.”

 

“You two, let’s go down to eat breakfast now. Come on big babies.”

 

He and Kai start to walk to the door but I remained standing still on my spot when they realized that I’m not following them.

 

“What are you still doing there?” Luhan gege asked.

 

“Piggy back please?” I asked Luhan gege.

 

He shakes his head and smile before crouching down. “Okay then. Hop on!”

 

I bounce my way to him and hop on his back, grinning.

 

“Now we have a giant baby.” Kai snickers, making me stick my tongue out to him once again.

 

We then walks out of my room and at the same time, Kris oppa just got out from hi and he’s now staring at us.

 

“Oh good morning oppa.” I said, waving my other hand to him.

 

He smiles at me. “Good Morning Ssul.”

 

I noticed that Luhan gege and Kai exchanged meaningful glances to each other and I already know what they’re thinking.  The atmosphere seems so awkward that we’re still in the hallway.

 

“Gege let’s go down, I’m hungry.”

 

“Arasso.” He said, looking over at me with a wide grin on his face.  I know I need some explaining to do later.

 

*****

 

We went down towards the dining room, Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho looks at us, smiling.

 

“Oh my children come on here, let’s eat.” She gestures for us to take a seat.

 

Sitting on our respective places, we all start to eat.

 

“Ssul dear, Minho told me about his offer to you.” Aunt Boa said, smiling at me.

 

I looked up and 4 pair of eyes is staring at me, well except Kris oppa since he already knew about that.

 

“What offer?” Uncle Yunho asked me.

 

“Minho’s company wants me to be their model; it is a part time though since I’m still a student.” I said, smiling at him.

 

“Really? Wow, that’s an opportunity princess.” Luhan gege grins.

 

Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho nodded in agreement.

 

“But I’m not sure about it; I don’t want to sacrifice my study.” I said, frowning.

 

“You know Ssul, you’re a good student and we’re very proud of you.” Uncle Yunho said.

 

I feel like they are my real family and what not they really are since the day they took me in.

 

“But I want to try Uncle, I love doing it. Just like the first time in Aunt Boa’s photo shoot.” I said, sighing.

 

Aunt Boa reaches out to hold my hand. “If you really want it then try it. There’s no harm in trying and beside we will support you dear.”

 

And with that I made a decision. “Thank you.”

 

They all smiled at me. After having a lunch with them, I immediately called Minho to tell him that I accept the offer and as quick as possible, he already gives me the schedule for my next shoot.

 

***

 

It’s been 2 weeks since I started the modeling job offered to me and it is daebak, I already got 3 offers in just a week. I love my job to be honest but I see to it that my studies wouldn’t be that affected.

 

 

Usually I work after class or in weekends. It is tiring, yes but the thing is I’m enjoying it the same time. Seeing me in front of the magazine and posters is overwhelming and I feel proud.

 

I hope umma and appa see this, I miss them so much. I wonder when they’ll be back.

 

I saw my face on the tv last night, a local tv show reported that I am the newest model in town and many sunbaenims would like to see me grow in the industry, they absolutely see potential in me. Of course I’m flattered but I wouldn’t let that get into my head. I promise to myself that I’ll always do my best.

 

Slowly I am making a name in this field. The offers keep coming and I don’t know where they come from. But my favorite thing is I am the official model for Aunt Boa’s clothing line.

 

I am getting ready to go home when Aunt Boa calls me; I hear the excitement in her voice.

 

“Dear, are you on your way home now?”

 

I nodded even though she can’t see me. “Yes Auntie, I’m on my way.”

 

“Okay good. I have surprise for you but be safe, okay?”

 

“Surprise? Aigooo, I am curious now. Neh~”

 

“Bye.” She said before hanging up.

 

The driver park the car when we arrive in the house and I hurriedly get off and open the front door. My eyes widen on the sight I’m seeing.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»    As a promise a double update. I will try to update the next chapter but maybe after 2 days though. It is our midterms week so I need to focus on studying first but I’ll be back after. Thanks you for still reading, you’re the best. Don’t forget to comment, it keeps me motivated honestly. Fighting!

Credits for the chapter photo I used in here is from: empressjinri