Chapter 9

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    n i n e
bad news?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

It’s my third week in Wu's house, 1 week left and I’ll be off here.

 

Appa and Umma will come and fetch me. I’ll just have to pray that we’ll be living here instead in Jeju.

 

There is five months left until the end of my senior year. Everything in school is pretty fine. I got good grades, 4 fantastic best friends and an extended family but somewhere in my heart it aches to leave them again.

 

As I’m getting ready for school, Umma called for me for the first time in the past three weeks. I thought they forget about me.

 

“Hello Mom” I said in a very excited tone.

 

“Hello baby girl”, she replied form the other line.

 

“I missed you and Appa too”

 

“We missed you too baby, by the way you’re in a loudspeaker. You can talk to your Appa”

 

“Appa! I missed you” I screamed on the top of my lungs, missing them very much.

 

Appa laughed on the other line, “Me too. I missed my princess. Your umma and we’re very sorry for not calling sooner. How’s school Ssulbaby?”

 

“It’s fine Appa. Everything in school is very good, I guess” I said happily.

 

“That's my girl, sorry we haven't called you these past three weeks. It’s just that the company we’re very busy today for the events and such.” my appa said sounding very proud.

 

“I understand Appa, don’t worry. So when will you pick me up here?  Are we going to leave in Jeju or what?” I asked being eager to know the answer to all of my questions.

 

“Uhmmm, princess, we will tell you something about that. You’re umma will explain, okay? So please hear her out.”

 

I’m getting nervous with that, “Okay”

 

“Good.” He said then I hear shuffling noise that means the phone is passed to my mom.

 

“Sulli, baby girl, we can’t pick you up for the meantime.” Umma’s voice shakes my world with her statement.

 

I remained quiet that’s why mom explains very quickly from the other line.

 

“Baby, we’re very sorry but the company is very busy right now. We need to settle things first at the resort then after that we can pick you up. Please understand baby” Umma pleaded.

 

I sighed and just nodded even though they can’t see that. “I understand mom.”

 

“Thank you baby girl. Your Aunt Boa already know that you’ll be extending you’re stay in there. Most probably another month or two.” She informed me.

 

“Okay” I replied sadly, much more disappointed that I will missed them more but at the same time happy because I can spend more time with my friends.

 

“We need to go now baby. We love you”

 

“Take care both of you. I love you too” I said before hanging up.

 

I don’t know if that is a bad news or not. Another month or 2? I can keep with that. I’ll just wish everything will be fine.

 

*****

 

When I got to school I informed my friends about the phone call I got form my parents and they squealed when they heard that I’ll be staying here for another month or maybe 2 months.

 

“Oh my, really? As in really?” Krys is obviously the very excited about it.

 

I smiled and nodded. To my utter shocked, she jumped up and down while screaming. My friend is really crazy. HaHa~

 

Aigoooooo! “ she  started jumping in circles.

 

“Stop that Krystal” Amber unnie scolded her and turned around me. Suddenly she engulfed me in a hug.

 

“So that means you can still come to the ball at Saturday” she asked releasing me.

 

“Yeah, I guess so” I said shrugging.

 

“What do you mean?” Vic unnie butts in.

 

“I mean I’m not really into ball and the likes so I don’t want to come”

 

“No way. Parties are fun.” Luna unnie stomped in front of me and crossed her arms.

 

“You should come. We’ll be there and it will be fun since it you’re first ball in here” Krys pleads.

 

Vic unnie and Amber unnie nodded giving me their puppy eyes.

 

Ughhhh~ They always use that to me. They knew I can’t resist that.

 

“Fine!” I said giving in.

 

“Yehey!” this time all four of them jumped.

 

“We can go shopping later after class” Vic unnie suggested.

 

“Hmm,sure” Luna unnie agreed.

 

“Are you in?” Krys asked me.

 

I don’t have a choice but to say yes. Luckily, my parents already sent me my allowance.

 

 

*****

 

We drove in the shopping district and they all dragged me in to this very expensive looking boutique called “Glamour”. I dunno if I can afford to buy a dress in here.

 

“Uhmm girls, I dunno if I can afford any dress in here” I said gaining their attention.

 

“Nonsense. Yes you can” Krys said rolling her eyes.

 

“What do you mean? Every dress in here cost much more than my allowance” I argued.

 

Our little argument was interrupted when I saw Aunt Boa emerging from the storage of the boutique and walks towards us.

 

“Ssul, it’s nice to see you here. Are they you’re friends?” she asked turning to my friends.

 

I looked at my friends to find them gaping and staring in awe with Aunt Boa. Whoahh. What is the meaning of this?

 

“Yes they are” I answered, still confused at my friends reaction.

 

“Oh my, you’re really Boa Wu?” Luna unnie asked, a smile crept on her face.

 

“Yes I am” Kat laughed and nodded. Just then my friends started squealing.

 

I am growing confuse in here. What is that all about?

 

“Don’t you know whose Boa Wu is?” Krys nudged me on the side.

 

“She’s a freaking popular fashion designer here” Vic unnie said excitedly.

 

“You are?” my eyes widened looking at Aunt Boa.

 

She nodded for confirmation. Oh my, information overload.

 

“So what are you doing here girls? Are you looking for a dress?” Kat asked us.

 

“Yes, for the school’s party” Amber unnie replied.

 

“Oh, I have these special dresses, I think might suit you.” Aunt Boa offered them dresses that are pretty fabulous.

 

“Wow”

“It’s pretty”

"OMG!"

“I love it”

 

krys dress    Vi Unnies dressluna unnie's dressamber unnie's dress

            (Krystal's Dress)                  (Vic Unnie's Dress)                  (Luna Unnie's Dress)                  (Amber Unnie's Dress)

 

My friends said all at the same time when they touched the dresses. Without further ado, they immediately paid for it but not before Aunt Boa tell the cashier to give them discount.

 

Aunt Boa turned to me while my friends are still on the counter. “I have a special dress for you. It’s in my room. I actually made it for you.”

 

“Really? Is this boutique really yours?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Why didn’t I know about it?”

 

“You never asked Ssul”

 

“Oh yeah.” My friends get back to where Kat and I standing and stare at me.

 

“What?”

 

“Aren’t you going to buy dress?” Vic unnie asked.

 

Aunt Boa answered the question. “I have a dress for Sulli at my house. I’ll just give it to her later”

 

A couple of oh’s come out my friends.

 

“Okay girls, see you again next time.” Aunt Boa said walking towards her office.

 

After she disappeared my friends nudged me with questions.

 

“Do you know her personally?"

“Are you close?”

“How did you know her?”

"Have you gone to her house?"

 

“Okay. I’ll answer that one by one. Yes, I know her personally because she’s my mom’s best friend. We are a bit close and yes I've been in her house”

 

“So you know she’s Kris and Kai’s mom then?” that question caught me off guard. I want to tell them that I’m living with the Wu's but I remember Kris’s warning that I shouldn’t tell to anyone I’m living with them.

 

“Yes”

 

“Then why are you not close with Kris?” that’s a follow-up question form Luna unnie.

 

“We don’t grow up together if that what you’re thinking. I just knew Aunt and her family recently but I’m pretty close with Luhan gege and Kai but not with Kris.” I explained being careful to what comes out form my mouth.

 

“Wait, you mean Luhan? Kris’s older brother?” Krys exclaimed suddenly getting interested.

 

“Yup. He’s like an older brother to me”

 

Krys squealed which shocked me and Amber unnie whisper something to me.

 

“She has a crush on Luhan”

 

“ohhh”

 

That explains why and they all got very giddy with their dresses. I’m relieved that they left the topic of me being close with the Wu's. Phew~ but I know sooner or later they’ll definitely know the truth.

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   See you next chapter. Ciao ! :))