Chapter 25

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t w e n t y  f i v e
closer 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

Kris’s words kept me up last night. I managed to get a sleep at least 4 hours but I still feel tired and sleepy when I get off the bed. It was Saturday morning, and it is suppose to be a relaxing day but she doesn’t have any plans schedules for the whole day. Her friends must be still sleeping because of last night.

 

She walked down the stairs as she soon as she finished taking a shower. On the way down, she smells the familiar aroma of breakfast; most probably Aunt Boa is once again cooking.

 

“Good Morning!” she enthusiastically greet her before plopping herself down on one of the tools in front of the counter.

 

Aunt Boa looked over her shoulder and smile at her.

 

“You’re much beautiful than the morning my dear.”

 

I chuckled at her remarks. “And so are you Aunt Boa.”

 

The other laughs and continues cooking. Shuffling of feet can be heard in the hallway and I am very sure that it is the brothers. And she’s right when the three boys walk in the kitchen.

 

“Oh Sulli baby is now awake?” Luhan gege knowingly smiles at me.

 

I gulp and throw him a silent warning but he just shrugged it off.

 

“Did you sleep well princess and did something bother you last night that you didn’t get sleep, that’s why you’re here early?” Kai then asked teasingly after then made a high-five with Luhan gege.

 

“Aish. Stop it. I sleep well, okay? Is it a crime to wake up early?” I argued back.

 

Aunt Boa who is now finished cooking and settling the plates of pancakes in front of us, looks at me curious.

 

“Is there something happen last night that I didn’t know about?”

 

Kris is who now sitting across me answered: “Nothing mom, these two just teasing her just like always.”

 

She just looked at her son, still unconvinced but let the topic go.

 

“Okay then, now eat children.”

 

The three guys just groaned in response.

 

 “You know we hate it when you call us like that mom. It feels like we’re kids.” Luhan gege annoyingly stuffed his mouth with pancakes.

 

I am just here, eating my own not saying anything or else those two will end up teasing me again.

 

Aunt Boa joined us as well.

 

“Oh I remember I need ingredients for the lunch and dinner later but I need to go to my boutique since they need me, who wants to do some errands for me?” she asked all of us.

 

I noticed Luhan gege and Kai looked at each other.

 

“Uhm mom, I can’t. I have dance practice later.” Kai immediately declined.

 

“Me too, my soccer coach is expecting me to be there as well.” Luhan gege seconded.

 

Aunt Boa glared at both of his son. “You just don’t want to do it.”

 

I raised my hands. “Auntie I will do it.”

 

She looked at me and smiles. “Can you? I need many things and I doubt you could carry all of it. My sons are just a bit lazy and don’t want to help their mother.” She sighs after.

 

“I will go with her.” Kris volunteered.

 

My eyes widen so as Aunt Boa.

 

“Oh my dear son thank you, but I’m wondering why did you volunteer this time? You don’t usually do some errands for me.” Aunt Boa asked him.

 

Kris just rolls his eyes.

 

“Isn’t it impossible to change, mom? Besides I don’t have anything to do unlike your sons there.” He said, pointing to his brothers.

 

She laughs at her son and raised both of her hands in surrender.

 

“No need to be very defensive, my son. Alright, go with Sulli and I’ll make a list of what you’re going to buy in the supermarket.” She the finished her food and proceeds in writing the list.

 

******

 

Kris drove us in supermarket after dropping Aunt Boa in her boutique. I’m holding the piece of paper which contains Aunt’s list of things to buy. I knew by now that I can’t ignore him since we’ll be doing this together and we both need cooperation from each other, I decided to drop my barrier for now.

 

(this is what they're wearing)

 

“Hey what should buy first?” I asked him, showing him the list.

 

“We need a cart first since that’s a long list then we should buy the things that are not perishable like vegetables or fruits since it will take us a while to finish.” He said shrugging.

 

I smile and nods as he get a cart before going to back where I’m standing.

 

“Let’s start?” he asked me.

 

“Okay.”

 

We have roamed around the supermarket for a while now and my stomach is growling. We have almost completed all the things to buy in the list when I saw a free taste stand. My eyes widen and I jump that it startles Kris.

 

“Yah! What happen? Is there something wrong?” he asked worriedly.

 

I grin at him, pointing at the stand. He looks to where I am pointing then back at me, disbelief in his face.

 

“Free taste? What the?”

 

“Come on!” I tug his arm, pulling him towards the stand.

 

The attendant smiles at me, and gestures for us to taste some. It is some kind of meat, I get a piece and put it in my mouth.

 

“Hmm, this tastes so good. Try it.” I said nodding and look at Kris who’s standing behind me.

 

He shakes his head but I will take no for an answer, he should taste this.

 

“Aish” I once again get a piece and brought it in front of his mouth. He looks at me baffled and he stubbornly purses his lips.

 

“Ahh~ Open your mouth!” I said pushing the meat to his lips, wanting him to open his mouth. I looked at him and he finally sighed, opening his mouth slowly as I push the meat inside his mouth.

 

“Finally! So how does it taste?” I beamed at him.

 

He swallowed and nods. “It does taste good. We should buy some.”

 

“Jinjaa?”

 

He smiles and nods then ask the attendant for the pack of meat.

 

‘Did he just smile at me?’ I stop and blink, not believing what just happen. I never saw him smile, this would be the first. He usually has a poker face.

 

*****

 

After a few good minutes we already find everything in the list and we’re now in the counter, falling in line to pay for it when my stomach growls. Kris looks at me and his lips form in a smile, shaking his head, he reaches out to pat my head. I blushed, I’m sure he heard that and why is he smiling face all of sudden.

 

“We’ll grab some food after this, don’t worry.”

 

“We don’t need to; we can just go home and eat there.” I replied, not wanting to be alone with him any longer, he’s making me very giddy.

 

“We can eat here besides you look very hungry. Don’t argue anymore.” He said as he paces the things we both in the counter one by one.

 

The cashier keeps looking at him and I can’t blame her though. Kris really looks exceptionally handsome today.

 

I sighed. “Okay, if you say so.”

 

He smiles at me again and waits for the things to be punched by the cashier.

 

“Good.”

 

The cashier looks at me with scrutinizing eyes. Oh I see, she like Kris. I tilt my head to look back at her and I think she felt intimidated by me so she looked back to what she’s doing. Serves her right, I’m not mean person but I won’t back down if someone dares to look at me that way.

 

Kris pays for the bill, I was about to hold one of the plastic bags when his hand stop me from doing so.

 

“I’m going to carry all of it.”

 

“All of it? No way, I will help you.” I said reaching out to take the bag.

 

“Ssul I said no, stop being stubborn.”

 

I pout and stomped my foot. “Fine!” I walked past him and he just followed me.

 

I stop in my trance when stomach once a growl because of hunger, I looked over my shoulder to him and he’s laughing.

 

“Yah! Why are you laughing?”

 

“That’s what you get for being so stubborn. Come on, let’s go and grab something to eat.” He reached out to hold my hands with his other hand which is not holding the bags and pulled me to the nearest fast food chain.

 

My mind can’t process anything right now. Why is he being nice to me all of sudden? What with the change of air around us?

 

“Hey..Sulli…Sulli.” he wave his hand in front of me and I blinked. I was lost in my thoughts for a while not to notice that we’re already inside the fast food chain.

 

“Oh what?”

 

“Sit here and I’ll order, what would you like to eat?" He said, guiding me to an empty table next to the window.

 

I plop myself down the chair. “Anything is okay with me, probably something with rice and can I have extra rice?” I shyly mutter.

 

He smiles. “Of course. Wait for me.”

 

I nod and rest my chin over my hands, watching him. I notice that half of the girls inside the chain is looking at him. I am one of them though but I can’t simply have him. I am jealous, yes but I don’t have the right to, he’s not mine to keep. I sigh as he walked back to our table, holding a tray with load of foods.

 

“Wow. I thought I’m the only one hungry here?” I asked as I beamed at the foods.

 

Kris just smiles and settles the food in front of us.

 

“Just eat. I know you’re hungry.”

 

I don’t need to be told twice so I start eating. Finally, I can fill my stomach. We both eat in silence.

 

I accidentally look up at him and for a moment we just stared at each other, embarrassed I looked away first back to eating.

 

“Ssul, you have a rice on your chin.” He said then reached over to me and touches my chin, removing the rice.

 

I blushed at the contact but I also notice that he have rice as well on his upper lips.

 

“Urm Kris, you do have rice too.” I said pointing to it.

 

“Where?” he asked.

 

“On your upper lips.”

 

“I can’t see it, can you remove it for me please?” he asked with a smile.

 

What’s with this person really? He’s been smiling all along.

 

“Aish Kris.” I sighed but took the napkin and brush it for him.

 

“There~ it’s gone.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Welcome Kris.”

 

He looked at me again and I can’t help but to looked back.

 

“What? Is there still something in my face?” I asked, being conscious.

 

“Why can’t you call me gege or oppa?”

 

“Why would I?” I blinked at his question, it is out of nowhere.

 

“You call Luhan as gege since he’s older than you. I am older than you by a year as well, you should call me gege.” He said.

 

“But.. it is kind of awkward to call you that. I only call Luhan gege that way since he’s been nice to me ever since.” I replied, looking away.

 

“ I’m sorry if I may be rude to you before. Let’s start a new; I will be nice to you from now on. Let’s be friends now so call me gege, oh wait call me oppa instead. It sounds better.” He said in a wide smile, showing his gums.

 

Aww~ he’s cute. What’s with the change of attitude though? I wonder what happen. Should I? I’m trying to ignore him, right? But I can’t really avoid him forever since our parents our friends, I’m living with them, his friends and mine are in a group so why not try to be close to him since he’s offering. But calling him oppa makes me giddy.

 

“Urm..okay then o..oppa.” I said slowly.

 

He reaches over to ruffle my hair. “Good. That’s better.”

 

I smile back at him. Maybe this is a start of something new hopefully. Ringing of my phone made me startle, I immediately take it out of my pocket and an unknown number is registered on the screen. I answered the call and listen to the person on the other line.

 

“Bwo???” I am shocked to what I’m hearing.

 

I noticed in my peripheral vision that Kris oppa is looking at me worriedly.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   I am back with a new chapter guys. I’m so sorry if it took a while. This is probably the longest chapter I wrote, I hope you all like it. I will update the next chapter later today so stay tuned.

Thank you though guys for supporting me, your comments helps me to get motivated, at time I fell I’m disappointing you for not updating soon but to those who still stay and wait, you’re the best and this chapter is for you.

Don’t forget to leave a comment. hehe

Btw the chapter photo I used in here is from my baby's blog: empressjinri

Thanks to her beautiful photoset hehe