Chapter 8

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    e i g h t
alone
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

Luna unnie have been very pissed since we left the mall. She’s been frowning all the time.

 

We’re in her house since it’s not that far away from the mall. She drove in here after that encounter with EXO. Our little tour at the mall has been interrupted so we’ve decided to hang out in Luna’s house.

 

We were sitting in her bedroom’s floor, crossed legs and intently waiting for Krys’s explanation about what we witness earlier.

 

“What?” Krys exclaimed bewildered with our expressions. Amber unnie crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow signaling for her to spill it off.

 

“Spill”

 

“E-v-e-r-y d-e-t-a-i-l” Vic unnie emphasized every letter but getting too much excited.

 

Krys sighed and starts spilling the beans. Woohoo!

 

“Okay. We’re siblings, he’s my older brother. 1 year older than I, the same age as Kris and he's part of EXO; the leader of EXO-K. That’s it” Krys said in about a minute.

 

“That’s it?” I exclaimed craving for more.

 

“Yes”

 

“No, we want all the details. If I say every detail, it means from the start” Luna unnie said eyeing her.

 

“What do you want me to tell you guys? It’s a long story” she said with a sigh.

 

“We have all day and besides we’re you’re friends so we want to know all about you” Amber unnie said seriously.

 

I nodded my head in agreement and Krys sighed again for she doesn’t have a choice.

 

“Suho oppa and I we’re very close. He’s my savior, my confidant and he’s the cool brother you could ever ask for. Not until our father died 3 years ago” she said in a sad tone reflecting her emotions.

 

“Since that day, he became cold and distant to me. He never talked to me again; even if he talked to me it’s been civil. The old days we’re gone. He looked at me as I was a stranger” she continued. Her voice croaked and I feel that she’s been hurt with it.

 

“What is the reason of your father’s death?” Vic unnie asked curiosity evident in her eyes.

 

I swear I heard her sniff with that question.

 

“He was hit by a car” with that she broke down. Tears kept falling from her eyes. I scoot to her side and hug her as hard as I could and then, Vic, Luna and Amber unnies joined us.

 

I know Krys lost it all. She kept her feeling for a long time and now is the time to get it out of her system.

 

“Let it all out. We’re here for you” I said sincerely, patting her back.

 

“It’s because of me. It’s my fault. He saved me. I was crossing the street oblivious about the car approaching when suddenly I was pushed forward and in a second I saw my father lying in the cold pavement, blood is flowing out of his head, his arms. There’s blood everywhere.” She cried hysterically as if she’s in that scene again.

 

“Shhhhh, it’s not your fault” I said trying to calm her. She’s been shaking from crying.

 

“Yes, it is. If I’ve been careful that day, those things wouldn’t happen. If I just been a good daughter and listen to him.”

 

“Everything happens for a reason. He’s in a better place now. He won’t like it if he sees you blaming yourself for his death” Amber unnie consoles her, holding her hands.

 

“Don’t burden yourself, just trust in God.” Luna unnie seconded as Krys listens silently.

 

“Your father will always remain in your heart even though he’s already gone. He’ll be there watching you. Do you think he’ll be happy if he sees you like this? That you’re thinking it’s your fault? He won’t because you’re his daughter. He only wants the best for you.” I explained, tears blurring my vision.

 

She shakes her head and a sad smile broke out of her lips. “I know he won’t be happy”

 

“See, so go cheer up girl” Vic unnie happily patted Krys’s back.

 

“Yeah, everything will be fine with your brother. God will have his way for that” Luna unnie enlightens her again.

 

“Just trust him. You just have to ask and he’ll work for it.” I added as I wipe her tears.

 

She hugged all of us. “Thank you girls. You’re the sisters I never had. I know you’ll always be there for me so I won’t give up.”

 

“That’s the spirit” Luna unnie and I high fived.

 

*****

 

After that mini confession and tearing up moments at Luna unnie’s house, she dropped me home. The house is silent, all lights were out. I remember that Aunt Boa will be in her company’s new product launched this evening. She texted me earlier about it. Maybe she takes the whole family with her.

 

This is a good time for me to take a sleep because I was alone. Or I thought I was.

 

I walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water. I was so thirsty with the crying back at Luna unnie’s house when I heard a moving inside the kitchen. It was so dark inside that I couldn’t see. I’m looking for the switch when I heard a noise again.

 

“Hello….?” I asked getting scared that it might be burglar or or something.

 

No one answered. Of course if it is some kind of criminal, does he want to get caught? Stupid me.

 

“Reveal yourself. Stop messing around” I asked again, taking the risk that it might be Luhan gege or Kai messing with me.

 

“Who said I’m messing with you?" A voice answered me finally. Wait, that voice is very familiar. Before I can even think, the voice revealed his self. Guess who? Kris again~

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked breathlessly as I watched his muscle flexed from his shirt when he crossed his arm.

 

“I’m living here” he said quirking an eyebrow.

 

“I know, I mean I thought you’re with Aunt Boa”

 

“I don’t like parties” he shrugged, turning his back on me and gets a bottle of water in the fridge. I am watching his back as he moved around the kitchen. He got a nice body I noticed. He got back in front of me and offered me water.

 

“Thanks”

 

“I’m going to my room now. Lock the doors before you go upstairs” he said without looking at me.

 

“Okay” I said fidgeting the hem of my shirt. I’m always nervous around him. Why so?

 

He nodded and walked towards the stairs. “By the way, don’t sneak around again. I’ve already told you about that”

 

“We didn’t mean to. We’re just curious where you guys going” I said defending myself.

 

“Do you know the quote, ‘Curiosity kills the cat’?” he turned around staring at me intensely.

 

“Yes”

 

“You don’t want to be in trouble by sneaking or even eavesdropping, I’m telling you. Don’t let me warn you again. I swear you won’t like what I will do” he said warning me before going up and leaving me mouth dropped open.

 

*****

 

Next morning, I have eye bags under my eyes. I didn’t get much sleep as I was bugged on Kris’s warning. Why do I have to listen to him and why do I always let his words bugged me? Aish~

 

When I finally arrived at school I found students gathering in front of the bulletin board. I got curious as to why when my friends tackled me from behind.

 

“OMG! I can’t breathe”

 

They get off me. “Ha-ha, guess what?” Krys exclaimed excitedly.

 

“What?” I said as I straighten my uniform.

 

“We’ll be having the SM Arts Hig School's Mid-year Ball” she said jumping up and down.

 

“Okay? What is that?”

 

“It’s the school’s party for the mid school year. Just for the students to have fun. Like that” Vic unnie explained as she notices Luna unnie getting in her own world maybe dreaming what to wear.

 

“Let’s go shopping for dress” Luna unnie said giving me her puppy dog eyes.

 

“Uhhmmmmmmm”

 

“Please” she pleaded. I looked at Vic, Amber unnies and Krys and they give me their ok sign.

 

I sighed but nodded at Luna unnie. “Okay”

 

She engulfed in a hug. “Let’s go tomorrow, okay? You three as well, I’ll call the four of you” she said turning to face the trio behind her, giving them instructions about our shopping spree tomorrow.

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   This is not what I expect my update should be. I'm sorry if it’s not good enough.. :(

I'll make it up next tym :)

Promise O/