Chapter 5

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    f i v e
awkward
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

 I feel a set of eyes burning a hole in my forehead. This is so awkward. Here we are having a lunch with the Wu's. If I say Wu's it means all of them were here. Five of them: the parent's and the three sons. I sighed as I was attempting to take a small bite on my prawns. 

 

I’m sitting across Luhan and Kris while Kai is on my right and Aunt Boa on the other side with Uncle Yunho beside her. The whole dinner is very quiet that it makes me nervous. I’m pretty sure all of us are sensing the awkward atmosphere. 

 

“So Ssul, how’s your first day in school? Did you find new friends?” Uncle Yunho asks me breaking the deafening silence.

 

“Uh, it’s good. Better than I expected and yeah I met this girls during lunch time. They are called f(x).” I smile gratefully at him.

 

"F(x)?" Kai suddenly asked.

 

I nodded, to my confusion he frown. I shrug it off.

 

“I know this is awkward guys but I want to officially introduce Sulli to the two of you. I mean to you Luhan and Kris” Aunt Boa happily beam at me then at his sons.

 

I slowly roam my eyes to where Luhan is sitting. 'Oh well, he's the oh so famous ex-leader of EXO-M but he doesn't look like he's a delinquent though, more on the friendlier one. He looks like an angel'

 

He has a dirty blond hair just like Kris’s hanging low until it reaches his ears. It is styled in a very messy way.  He looked like younger than his brothers, he has this feminie futures which I guess he gets from Aunt Boa and he looks friendlier than his younger brothers because of it.

 

Maybe he notices me checking him out that why he’s studying me with amusement in his eyes.

 

He stood up and reaches up for my hands across the table.

 

“Nice to finally meet you Sulli, Mom is very fond of you. She’s been talking about you on phone. So can I call you Ssul too?” he said as he let go of my hand and sit down again.

 

“Really? Is it good things that she’s talking about? And of course I don’t mind you calling me Ssul”, starting to feel comfortable at him. He’s very kind and a true gentleman.

 

“Good and you can call me Gege. So I heard that you and Kris bumped to each other this morning” Luhan gege look up at me as he munch on his steak.

 

Maybe Kai already informed him about it. Oh yeah, I absentmindedly told Kai about my mini encounter with his older brother in the hallway. That blabber mouth guy. ‘I will never tell anything to him again’ I silently having a mental note.

 

“Uhmm yeah I bumped at him in the hallway but I already said sorry” I quickly defended myself and secretly steal glances at Kris’s direction looking for his reaction.

 

Luhan gege nodded and resume eating. Everyone is happily chatting while I finished my dinner and quietly sat in silence. I’m kind of relieved that the topic is off of me now.

 

I’ve been Listening to them all the time and learned that Luhan gege is actually 20 years old and is in college. He’s been studying Majoring in Dance at the Seoul Peforming Arts University, and a college heartthrob. It turns out that he’s older than Kris by 2 years, but what I’m thinking is what does Kris doing in high school, shouldn’t he in college as well?

 

I notice Kris finished his meal too and just like me quietly sitting while listening to his family’s conversation when he suddenly snapped his head at my direction and I was caught staring at him. His eyebrows perk up and I feel the heat rise up on my cheeks as embarrassment drawn to me.

 

I looked away and pretend to listen again in his family’s conversation but my mind is been thinking about him.

 

*****

 

It’s been a while since the dinner is finished. Everyone is in the living room still chatting while I excuse myself that I will do my homework. I’ve been in my own little world thinking Kris again.

 

I can’t get him out of my mind. It’s not that because I like him or whatsoever but there’s so many why’s that’s been bugging me. Why is he quiet? Why does he look so cold? Why is he the only one who’s not so sociable in their family? Why~’

 

BLAGGGG!

 

“OUCH!” I exclaimed finding my lying flat on the floor. What the heck?’

 

I looked up trying to find out what’s the reason for me to fall like that. It shocked me to find a WHO instead of a WHAT. KRIS. He’s standing in there looking down at me with his annoyed expression. NOT AGAIN’.  I thought he’s downstairs with his family.

 

“What’s with you and the floor?” he asked me. That’s the second sentence he said to me. Okay, I’m not counting or anything alright.

 

I stumbled a bit when I stood up but Kris holds my arm firmly, steadying me. A blush crept on my face once again. “I’m sorry I bumped to you gain. I’m not looking where I’m going”

 

“You’re such a klutz” he said. Wow. It’s a record. Three sentence to me. Ha-Ha

 

“Yeah but Thank you for steadying me”

 

“Whatever” I didn’t say anything because I’m still aware of his hand holding in my arm. I feel emptiness when he pulls away and started walking away.

 

I was about to open my bedroom door when he stopped and turned around to face me. He’s next words shocked me.

 

“Don’t ever tell anyone in school that you’re living here” and with that he started walking towards his room and disappear at my sight.

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   Since I will not be here for 3 days, here's my update :)) Thanks for subscribing guys <333 .... ^^