Chapter 11

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    e l e v e n
confused
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

Next morning, I woke up about 10 am. Thank God that it’s Sunday so I don’t have to worry that I will be late. I stayed for about 4 am thinking about what’s the deal with Kris last night, his wound, the kiss, and him running as if I have a disease that he should get away as soon as possible. My heart ached with that thought.

 

I heard a ruffling noise outside my room so I quickly get up and stare at my reflection at the mirror. My long hair flow freely at my back and I’m still on my sleeping wear. I hurriedly went to my bathroom and wash my face.

 

I’m finished  applying a cream in my face when my door open and revealed a disheveled, most likely just got out of the bed Kai looking for me. He doesn’t see me so I decided to scare him a little.

 

I tiptoed and walk quietly behind his back. I jumped on his back making him squirm.

 

“What the----?” he yelled.

 

I laughed and jumped off his back. “That’s what you get for ditching me last night”

 

“About that, I’m sorry Ssul” he said putting his arm on my shoulder, giving me his puppy dog look.

 

“Ughhhh, don’t give me that look. You know you really deserve my nickname for you, doggie”

 

“So am I forgiven?”  He said beaming down at me.

 

“I can’t resist that look, okay? So you’re forgiven.”

 

“Good. I know you really can’t resist that. By the way, mom told me to wake you up. She’s cooking right now and she has this eagerness to talk to you” he said shrugging, slumping at my bed.

 

I get the idea of me in an interrogation downstairs later. “Okay, I’ll go down in a bit”

 

He nodded and lay down at my bed.

 

“Oh no, you won’t sleep in here. Come on, let’s go down” I said tugging at his arms.

 

“Please just for a few minutes” he pleads.

 

“No” I said shaking my head.

 

For about 3 minutes of tugging, he finally gave in.

 

“You are cruel Ssul” he said shaking his head, following me downstairs.

 

“But you love me”

 

He rolled his eyes and I laughed at his reaction.

 

“Don’t deny it, doggie”

 

“Whatever”

 

We made it to the dining room as Aunt Boa finish setting the table. Talk about timing. I am watching the food at the table; most probably I’m drooling over it.

 

She looks up, “What are you doing standing there you two? Do you like what you see?” she said amused.

 

I turned and looked at Kai and I stifle a giggle when I saw him literally mouth hanging open at the foods.

 

“Mom, what’s with all this food? Is someone coming over?” he asked still in awe.

 

“Nah, I just feel cooking and I want to know all about the dance last night while we are eating. So come on, sit in here already or a fly might get into your mouths” she said smiling.

 

We quickly sit, excited to taste this delicious looking foods. As we were waiting, we hear footsteps coming down the hall. Uncle Yunho and Luhan gege walked inside the dining room and sit to their places.

 

“Where’s Kris?” Aunt Boa asked to them.

 

Luhan gege were about to answer when Kris walked inside and sat on the other side of the table facing me but on the contrary he doesn’t bother to looked at me. It’s very awkward to be with Kris at the same room after what happen last night.

 

“Okay, since everyone is here. Let’s start eating” Aunt Boa suggested.

 

Everyone was very engrossed at eating when she started a conversation.

 

“So Kris, Kai and Ssul, how’s the dance? Did you enjoy it?” she asked looking at the three of us.

 

“Its fine mom, just a simple dance” Kai replied boredly.

 

Kris answered next which shocked me, “It went well mostly”.

 

She nodded, seeing her son’s bored reaction to her question turned at me waiting for my answer.

 

“It’s good I guess and I enjoyed it since it’s my first time going to the dance” I said smiling.

 

Aunt Boa clasped her hands and beamed at me happily.

 

“It’s good to hear that Sulli, not like my son’s in here”

 

“Does Kai shoo the other guys away or does he leave you and dance with other girls?” Luhan gege suddenly asked me out of nowhere.

 

 “Actually Kai didn’t shoo away anyone since most of the people I dance with were my 3 girl friends an- an-and---” I said looking at Kris.

 

“And who?” Luhan gege asked glaring at Kai.

 

I gulped, I dunno how to answer that when Kris answered for me, “She dance with me”

 

All of them whipped their heads at Kris, shocked.

 

“What? Can’t I dance with her?” Kris said uncomfortably.

 

“We didn’t say anything. We’re just shocked.” Aunt Boa said grinning at him.

 

“Whatever. But Kai did leave Sulli alone though” he said shrugging.

 

I heard a smack and I turned to see Kai rubbing his head.

 

“I knew it, you leave her alone just to flirt” Luhan gege glaring at Kai accusingly.

 

“Wait! Yes, he left me alone but he doesn’t flirt with anyone, he just walked over to his friends. I’m actually tired dancing that time so I went to the beverage table and that’s where Kris finds me” I said defending Kai.

 

Luhan gege kinda looked relieved. Aunt Boa and Uncle Yunho laughed at us while Kai looked at me grateful.

 

I smiled at him and mouthed ‘You owe me’. He gave me an okay sign and everyone else continues eating. I am taking a few glances at Kris, he just sat there and not minding anybody.

 

*****

 

I volunteered to wash the dishes after we eat. All of them went at the living room to watch tv. I was humming when someone cleared their throat.

 

I found Kris leaning at the counter, arms crossed. He looks so handsome that I find myself blushing with the thought of kissing him last night.

 

“About last night, I’m sorry again” he said seriously, walking towards me.

 

I stopped what I’m doing, “It’s okay”

 

His forehead creased a little. We just stood there looking at each other.

 

“Just forget what happen last night” he said coolly. I stared at him contemplating what he said. 

 

He wants me forget that as if nothing happened. Just wow.

 

I didn’t say anything and he sighed.

 

“It’s wrong and I don’t what’s gone into me that I did that. Just forget it and everything will be fine” he said looking away and turned his back on me, leaving me confuse. 

 

‘Why does he always tell me off as if I am someone who he should stay away from? Is it really disgusting to kiss me?’ my heart clenched with that thought.

 

I finished washing all the dishes when Luhan gege call over for me.

 

“Sulli, someone’s on the phone for you”

 

I ran towards the living room taking the phone at him.

 

“Hello?” I said at the other line.

 

“Sulli, we have something to tell so can you come here in my house today?” Luna unnie said, excitement is evident in her voice. 

 

I wonder what it is. Is it about how strange she acts when I bid her goodbye at the dance?

 

“Okay, I’ll be there in an hour”

 

“Good, get your here as fast as you can. I can’t wait to tell you this.”

 

I laughed, “Sure”, and hung up.

 

I ran towards my room and take a shower quickly. I put my favorite skinny jeans, comfortable shirt and my ballet flats. I also wear a light make-up and run downstairs. I’m very eager to know what they want to tell me. Curiosity got into me.

 

“Where are you going?” Luhan gege asked me when I past run into him. I turned back.

 

“In Luna unnie’s house, just down to 3 blocks from here” I replied. His eyebrows rose up as if analyzing if I’m telling the truth or not.

 

“I’ll drive you in there” he offered, which is I’m very grateful since I don’t have a car and don’t want to walk.

 

“Sure big brother” I mocked playfully. He cracked a smile and shakes his head.

 

“Go wait for me outside, I’ll have to get my keys”

 

*****

 

Luhan gege pulled off to Luna unnie’s driveway and I hop off the car, as quick as lightning Luna unnie lunged at me followed by Vic, Amber unnies and Krys. My friends were really crazy at times but pretty cool at the same time.

 

Gege cleared his throat and my friends were instantly in awe at his sight. I can’t blame them though. As far as I know, he's have been the popular guy in Montgomery High so my friends practically knew him.

 

“Hello girls, so you’re Sulli’s friends?” he said flashing his boyish grin at them.

 

“Yes” they all said in unison.

 

He smiled again and waved. “It’s nice to meet all of you. I’m Luhan”

 

“Oh we already know you; you’re really popular at school. Besides you’re Kris and Kai’s older brother” Krys explained while blushing.

 

“Really?” he said scratching his nape.

 

They all nodded. “Well, I don’t know that. I gotta go now. I just drop Sulli here, so bye girls. See you again next time” winking at them and boarding his car.

 

“Bye” my friends all said dreamily. I laughed at them when gege pulled off the driveway.

 

They glared at me, “What? You’re reactions were priceless like you’ve saw a prince?”

 

“Which is what he’s like” Krys defended.

 

“Ooh, so you’ve got a crush on him?” I nudged her side, teasing her.

 

“Who wouldn’t? He’s so~” she said dreaming again.

 

“Handsome and Prince charming type” I’ve finished for her, not wanting how they drool with my so called older brother. I just don’t really think of him like that.

 

“Yeah, besides you’re so lucky to be close with them. Why not hit on one of them?” Luna unnie asked.

 

“NO! They are like brothers to me. I don’t see them that way. It will be awkward.”

 

“So how about you, having a little crush on Kris? Is that count?” Vic unnie butts in.

 

Okay, this is the topic I’ve been avoiding. I know they have a hint that I like Kris but still I hope they zip their mouth about it. I am really caught off guard now.

 

“Okay, I like him but we haven’t talked that much and we’re not close so there’s no chance for me to hit on him. Besides I’m not the kind of girl, who’ll present herself to a guy” I said surrendering my feelings.

 

They all nodded and we all walked inside the housePhew~ It’s a good thing they didn’t ask more.

 

*****

 

I am really happy for Krys. She’s been blessed and to think that it all happen at the dance.

 

We’ve been sitting in Luna unnie’s room for hours and intently listening to Krys’s story about her reconciliation with her brother, it all happen when I decided to go home. I missed a lot when I leave last night. Sigh~

 

“I don’t know what happen but when I’m dancing with my partner, he just suddenly asks to dance me, and so I said yes.” She said, her eyes were glowing with happiness.

 

I smiled at her and urged her to continue.

 

“Then he said sorry out of nowhere. Imagine my reaction when I heard that. He never once told me that for the past three years. At first I don’t what to say, too shocked and then he explained everything” tears glistened on the side of her eyes.

 

Vic unnie gave her a box of tissue and wipes her tears.

 

“He said he’s very guilty that he stay away from me, never talked to me and acts cold whenever I’m around because he don’t want me to see how broken he was since Dad died. They are pretty close, that whenever he sees me, he remembers that he can’t do anything to bring back our dad and he always see Dad at me” she sniff.

 

No one around us said anything, we let her continue.

 

“I don’t know that I had that effect on him. The time he said all that I cried because I know his right but he wiped away my tears and hugged me tight. He said that he’ll make up to me just a good brother will do, that our dad will be happy to see us close again. That this time, he’ll do anything to make me safe coz he doesn’t want to feel the pain of losing a family. That he loves me very much but didn’t really know how to show it” she said, smiling at the last part.

 

“Awwwwww ! He’s so sweet” Luna unnie exclaimed.

 

“It’s good that you and Suho are okay now.” Vic unnie said patting her back.

 

“As the quote said, Live your life to the fullest” I said smiling at her.

 

“I’m just happy, that he finally opened up for me” she admitted.

 

“Forgive and Forget” Amber unnie said out of nowhere.

 

Luna unnie’s brows rose up.

 

“What’s with the quotes you two?” she eyed me and Amber unnie.

 

“We just feel that it suits the moment” I said shrugging.

 

Krys laughed and within a second we all laughed together with her. I know deep inside all of us, we’re all happy for Krys.

 

“I really love you girls” she said opening her arms, gesturing for us to hug her and we all jumped at her, giggling.

 

I’m just still wondering about Luna unnie and her strange act at the party though. It just not comes off my mine. I’ll eventually know that later but for the meantime. We need to celebrate for Krystal and Suho’s reconciliation.

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   Finally an update. Sorry guys. Hehe. Hope you like it. Enjoy! 

Peace yow! \O/

​Please do comment and tell me what you think. Gomawoooo!