Chapter 30

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t h i r t y
the ex is back 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

I can’t really stop thinking about the time me and oppa spend together last time. Two days after and still, the words he told me linger in my mind and give me feels. Just like what I promise to him, I’ll wait patiently until he’s free to love me. Shocking is that I found myself falling in love with him, it is not infatuation anymore.

 

Just like the way I imagine it, since that day he starts picking me up in my house and takes me home after. Isn’t it great? Our friends look at us suspiciously and yet we haven’t said anything, just because I don’t want to spoil what will happen in the future.

 

There’s nothing to tell anyway, we’re not in a relationship so I will keep my mouth shut until the awaited day comes.

 

After the class which is kind of fun for this day and I don’t even know why or maybe I’m just in a good mood. Who wouldn’t be anyways, I hurriedly went to the parking because Kris oppa would be probably waiting for me there and I am right. He’s leaning onto his motorcycle, for the past two days I kind of like riding on it with him. He smiles at me when he spotted me; he put the helmet on my head and helps me to ride.

 

“Wrap your arms around my waist princess, we’ll be taking off.”

 

I did what he said and press myself onto his back before he drove off.

 

This is what I call heaven.

 

*****

 

Guys have been crowding the gate and the bell was about to ring. No one seems wants to leave the gate and I’m very curious as to why.

 

As usual Kris oppa picks me up and we’re about to enter the school’s parking lot with his motorbike when the crowd on the gate hinder us from doing so.

 

He stop the motorbike in halt as we reached the entrance, I get off and remove the helmet. I can now see what the students been looking at; it’s a pretty girl with long black hair.

 

Admirations visible on the male students and envy on the females as they gaze at her but she on the other hand just ignore them and look ahead, oh wait she’s looking directly to my direction.

 

I blinked and look back at her, a smile form her lips as she walked towards me but I was wrong she walked pass me and straight to Kris oppa.

 

We all stare as she stood in front of him as he remove his own helmet and look back at her.

 

“Kris, long time no see.” She merrily said to him.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, his brow raised and his jaw tightened.

 

I can sense there is something wrong with their atmosphere but I can’t pinpoint it yet. Oppa looks angry right now as she looks at her.

 

The bell rings and one of the teachers came out asking everyone to get to their respective classes.

 

“If you don’t get to class no, I’ll give all of you a detention.” He said and everyone move to their rooms.

 

I don’t want to move yet, I’ve been curious to why is this girl is in our school. They’ve been staring to each other for a good few minutes when the girl answers.

 

“I want to see you and talk to you.”

 

Kris snorts as he parks the motorbike and get off, ignoring the girl’s presence as she follows his every move.

 

“I don’t want to see you nor talk to you so leave.”

 

He was about to walk to me when she grab his arm.

 

“Please Kris.” She pleads.

 

“Leave me alone, Ara.”

 

“No, not until you talked to me.”

 

He gritted his teeth and looks at me, his gaze soften.

 

“Ssul get to class now. I’ll be there shortly.”

 

I nod and hesitantly walk to my class. Honestly, I can’t concentrate in class; my mind is drifting off to that girl and Kris oppa’s relation. I felt a pang of jealousy inside me. Oppa didn’t get to class and it’s almost break time already.

 

‘Did he accompany that girl? Who is she to him? Ara, that’s her name, I should ask Kai about it.’ I mentally talked to myself just before the bell for the lunch break rings.

 

*****

 

“Kai! Kai! Kai!” I shouted at the hallway as I saw him.

 

He looked to me over his shoulder and stop walking, he waited for me.

 

“Did you miss me, princess?” He grins at me cheekily.

 

“No! Shut up.” I glared at him playfully which earn a chuckle from him as he put his arm over my shoulders.

 

“So why did you shout my name then?”

 

“I—I have something to ask you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“This morning a pretty girl was waiting on the gate.” I said and looked up at him.

 

Kai raise his brow, “I heard about that girl this morning. So? What about the girl?”

 

“For a man, you’re such a gossiper. Tss.” I crossed my arms over my chest, puffing my cheeks.

 

“No I’m not, the students had been talking about pretty she is and she’s actually waiting for someone. Oh wait, let’s go back our topic. What about the girl? Do you know her?”

 

I shake my head, “No. That’s the problem, I don’t know her but I think Kris oppa does.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“When she saw Kris oppa, she immediately walked to him and…”

 

Kai grab my shoulders gently and made me face him.

 

“And what Sulli? Tell me.”

 

His action confused me but I continued anyway.

 

“Oppa look angry, his jaw tightened as soon as he saw her.”

 

“Where is hyung now?”

 

“I don’t know, the girl asked him if they could talk and he come with her after sending me in. He said he’ll follow shortly but then he didn’t until now.” I shake my head, the fear that I saw in Kai’s eyes alarm me.

 

He releases my shoulder and took out his phone and called someone, I’m really deeply curious now and I can’t stay still. This making me anxious to the fact the oppa had gone with that girl, yes I’m insecure, she’s very pretty and compared to her I’m nothing.

 

I heard he’s talking to Luhan gege.

 

“Hyung! There’s an emergency, she’s back I think.”

 

‘She’s back? That girl? Who is she really?’ My thoughts are running as I listen to his conversation on the phone.

 

“Yes. Let’s meet up at home. Contact him, hyung.” He said before hanging up the phone.

 

“Yah! Kai! What is happening? Who is that girl?” I grabbed his arm.

 

He sighed in frustration. “Ssul, can you still remember the girl we talked about with you, me and Luhan hyung?”

 

“The girl that broke oppa’s heart? His ex?”

 

He nods his head.

 

I bit my lower lips, “Don’t tell me—“

 

He nods again in conformation.

 

“Yes, she’s that girl. Ara is back.”

 

I stood there, can’t process anything. The girl that broke oppa’s heart is back and I think she wants him to get back to her.’

 

I don’t know what to say nor think at the moment.

 

Kai tapped my shoulders, “Ssul, now go to eat and I’ll be skipping the afternoon classes. I need to meet up with Luhan hyung and discussed this with him as well as check where the hell Kris hyung is.”

 

Nodding slowly even though my appetite was long gone at this moment and I couldn’t bring myself to eat as I think about many possibilities.

 

I watched Kai’s back as he hurriedly walked to the parking lot.

 

 

 

KRIS' POV

 

She’s back.

 

This isn’t a dream, this is reality. I know for a fact that this day would come but why it has to be this time. I am trying to forget her so I could return Sulli’s feeling.

 

I saw Sulli’s expression when I decided to come with Ara, there is worry and something which I don’t know. When Ara plead, I want to say no but I want to hear what she has to say even after all what she’d done, yes there is anger and pain but maybe this is the right time to talk about this.

 

Here we are on the café nearby the school. Looking at her right now, she still looks pretty. Her elegance doesn’t seem to falter, her smile is still beautiful. That smile that made me fell in love with her before.

 

“Kris, first, I want to say sorry for what I have done. I know it pain you; I know it had hurt you a lot. I’m so sorry, I couldn’t do anything that time, I’m obeying my father’s request and we need to use you.” Her eyes shows sincerity but I can’t bear to at it now. I don’t want to.

 

“Is that all you have to say? Can I leave now?”

 

“No, that’s not all. I---“she clasps both of her hands.

 

“You what?”

 

“I still love you. I love you please believe me, I don’t want to do that but our business is at stake and I can’t bear to see my father lose himself. I’m really regretting what I did.”

 

“You’re sorry cannot change anything though, you and your father’s greed made my family almost suffer.” My voice rise as I eyed her.

 

She looks like a lamb caught in the headlights as I spat out those words.

 

“I know and I don’t know what to do just you can forgive me.”

 

“Leave me alone and don’t show me your presence again.” I said before I about to stood up from my seat.

 

“Please, can’t you find in your heart to forgive me? It’s been two years, Kris.” She grab my hand and hold it tightly.

 

I couldn’t feel the park I feel before when she holds my hand.

 

“I can forgive you but I can’t trust you anymore.” I said as I snatched my hand away from her.

 

She stood up as well, a determine look on her face.

 

“I will try my  best so you can trust me again.”

 

“Whatever. I don’t care.” I wave a dismissing hand at her and walk out the café.

 

I breathe a sigh of relief when I’m finally out, just when my phone rings. I looked at the screen and Hyung’ s name flashed on the screen.

 

They already know about this by now and he’s sure that they’re worried. Yes, he’s been hiding his emotions these past two years but he knows that his brother we’re really damn worried about him and he thinks that he should at least assure them that he’s fine.

He presses the answer button.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Kris, where are you?”

 

“Just outside the café, I’m about to head back to school.” I replied and walked off to my motorbike.

 

“No, don’t go back to school. Come straight at home, Kai and me will be waiting.”

 

“Okay.” I hung up. This will be a very long talk.

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

»  Oh yes! Update for you guys. I’ll be starting my last semester on Monday so… don’t worry guys.

I’ll be updating. I add Kris’ POV so you can catch a glimpse on what he’s thinking. I hope you like this though. I love you all <3