Chapter 33

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t h i r t y t h r e e
avoidance 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black
 
 

SULLI's POV

 

The chirps of the bird from my open window woke me up; the event last night exhausted me. As soon as Lay brought me home and my back hit the comforts of my bed, I cried myself to sleep. I’m tired of crying, I really am. Sitting up from my bed, I rest my back on the headrest and looks out the window.

 

Sometimes I wish I could be a bird, a bird that can fly freely. I wish I could be like them. I have class 2 hours from now but then I don’t feel like going, I don’t want to see Kris for now. The pain is already unbearable as it is and I don’t want him to see me in this state. I can’t face him.

 

My thoughts we’re interrupted by the ringing of my phone, picking it up from my bedside table and look down at it.

 

Lay Calling…..

 

Seeing that is Lay whose calling, I immediately press the answer button and puts it at my ear.

 

“Hello, Lay ah. Good Morning.” I greeted with a smile on my face even though he can’t see it.

 

“Good Morning Jin, how’s your sleep?” he asked form the other line; I can feel he’s smiling back.

 

“Hm, not that good but it’s okay.” I said before letting out a soft sigh.

 

“You’re not thinking of skipping class, right?” he asked once again.

 

“I’m actually thinking about that just before you call me.”

 

“Don’t skip. Come on, you’re not a coward. I know what you’re thinking, that you can’t face him and all but Jin, you can’t avoid him forever.”

 

“I know, but…. I don’t know how to face him without making me look like I’m hurting.” I said, my eyes sting but I don’t want to cry, I’m tired of it.

 

“You got me, remember? I’ll be there and I’m going to stay your side. So get ready and I’ll pick you up, okay?”

 

I smile again, shaking my head. “Alright, I’m going. Thank you Lay ah.”

 

“Welcome, Jin.  Now, move quickly.”

 

“Okay, bye. I’m hanging up.” I said before pressing the end call button and start my morning routine.

 

Looking back at the mirror after a few minutes, I could still see my puffy red eyes. To hide it from my friends scrutinizing eyes, I decided to wear an eyeglass before going downstairs to wait for Lay to arrive and pick me up.

 

 

*****

 

 

A few minutes later, she finds herself inside Lay’s car; on their way to school. Her heart beats starts beating faster as she caught sight of the entrance of their school.

 

Lay sensing her shifting on her seat, feeling uncomfortable; took hold of her hands and slightly squeeze them. She look over at him and his smile at least make her at ease a little. Heaving a few breathes as soon as Lay pulls over at the school parking lot and turns off the engine.

 

Lay gets off the car and opens the door for her, she blew a calming breathe before stepping out of his car. She smile at him gratefully which he return with his infamous smile as well.

 

Sometimes she’s been wondering why she didn’t fall for Lay when he’s so nice and totally her ideal type. Why did she fell for someone who doesn’t care about her? What a twist of fate, a cruel fate indeed.

 

Both of them walked inside the school vicinity, fortunately the bell hasn’t ringed yet and they still got enough time to hang out on the school garden. Lay let her sit on an empty bench and plops himself next to her.

 

“Are you scared that you’ll bump him today?” he asked her.

 

She slowly nods as she lower her head. “…..just a bit.”

 

Once again, Lay take holds of her hand making her snap her head to his direction. And rest assured his comforting smile welcome her. She smiles back at him.

 

“You know its inevitable right? The school isn’t that huge just like in England but then everyone knows about you and him. You can’t possibly avoid him at all cost.”

 

“I know that. I mean I know I can’t avoid him forever but I don’t want to face him just… yet. Maybe a few days or just two then I’ll be better.” She sighs.

 

Lay gave her a pat on the head before ruffling her hair just a bit. “Don’t worry too much about it, I’ll be here. I’ll do my best to shield you.”

 

That makes her laugh; Lay could really bring a smile on her face that easily. He has those magic that she doesn’t know where came from but then she’s really grateful for his company or else she’ll be weeping still.

 

“You don’t need to shadow me every time you know; I can handle it, maybe? But surely I think can take care of myself.” She nods, her lips twitched in a smile.

 

“You think? Well I know you can. I believe in you.”

 

She shakes her head in mere amusement, the smile turns into a sheepish grin.

 

“You’d been flattering me lately. Perhaps in a day or two, if you continue to do that I’ll probably get my head big.”

 

“I’m not flattering you. I’m stating a fact. You’ve proven to be strong and I can see that. I believe what I’m seeing is what the truth, Jin.”

 

She turns her head to look at him, a wide grin spread across her features. Lay’s mimicking hers whilst wiggling his brows.

 

“You look more pretty when you smile, do that often. I might fall in love with you.” He continues.

 

Thinking that he might be teasing her, she burst out in a fits of laughter.

 

“You really have the highest sense of humor out of my friends and thank you I guess.”

 

“No problem, my lady.” He bows in curtsy, trying to be one of medieval lords they’re discussing in literature class.  “…it’s my pleasure to bring a smile onto your face.”

 

She nods, raising her thumbs up at him. “You’re a perfect medieval lord or I might say I perfect knight for a lady in damsels in distress.”

 

He laughs. “Sure, if you could be that damsel in distress. Now shall we head to class, my lady? I do think we ought to hurry.” He stood up and offers her his arm which she gladly takes as they both walk to the classroom direction.

 

 

KRIS' POV

 

I went to school early in the morning so I could talk to Sulli. As soon as I hopped off my motorbike, I check the school grounds immediately trying my luck whether she went to school early as well. She’s always an early bird and maybe it hasn’t changed until now because she’s nowhere to be found.

 

I walk back to the parking lot and notice that Lay’s car is already parked in there. Maybe he got there when he’s rounding the school grounds. He raises his brow when he came to halt in front of Lay’s car to find it empty.

 

“Where the hell is that guy? Isn’t too early for him to go to school?” he mumbles to himself as he scratches the back of his head.

 

Deciding to find Lay himself, he again search the school grounds for the second time. He passed by the school garden and saw the familiar figure of his friend. As he was about to walk to where he’s sitting at, his eyes fell to the figure of the girl sitting next to him, the girl he’s been looking for: Sulli.

 

He watches them for a few minutes and regrets it afterwards when Lay patted her head and ruffles her hair. That’s the same thing he wants to do to Sulli, to feel her hair entangles with his fingers.

 

 Fate is playing with him as his chest constricted with the next sight unveils in front of him. Sulli laughing to what his friend said. Her laugh is the most pleasant thing he had heard this morning yet the recipient of it is not him which makes his heart drop. He wanted to be the one who makes her laugh that way; he wanted to be one who receives that kind of smile from her.

 

Yet… he wasn’t.  The sight of Lay and Sulli together brought back their confrontation before. Lay likes her and he’s absolutely making a move now. Jealousy runs over through his vein as he clenched his fist. He can’t allow it.

 

Never.

 

Because he wanted Sulli for himself.

 

Alone.

 

 

NO ONE's POV

 

Lay’s been keeping Sulli by his side all day. He’s gaining from it obviously. He got to spend more time with her and everyone can see that even their common friends which confuse them a lot but decided not to interrupt and just leave their curiosity alone.

 

Since they know, they’ll have explanation soon from their own mouths. They could actually sense a building tension between two guys which is Lay and Kris. They all know that both of them likes Sulli more than friend especially the lads.

 

Sighing they tried to ease the tension by joking around which absolutely help a lot.

 

Lay’s been acting a bit sweet to Sulli and they can’t deny the fact that he’s obviously smitten by her charms. Who wouldn’t though, Sulli is a ball ray of sunshine, a girl who can lighten up a room with just her smile. But lately they’ve been noticing her gloomy demeanor and it worries them a lot.

 

She’s like their younger sister especially for Kai, he’s been eyeing the girl a few days now and this time she really looks uncomfortable in her seat under his brother’s gaze and the attention Lay’s been giving to her.

 

“There’s something going in there and I need to know that.” Kai said to himself silently. His older brother, Luhan, definitely needed to know this as well.

 

His eyes diverted to Kris’ direction. And his face says it all, his brother is jealous. Kai smirked. “Now that’s interesting.”

 

Krystal heard him and turns to look at him. He just inclined his head to the side as she traces his gaze and realization fell over her. He turns back to him with hanging open. He raises his brow, shrugging as he focuses his attention to other things.

 

“Wow, that’s indeed interesting.” Krsytal said beside him.

 

 

 

KRIS' POV

 

I’ve tried to talk to her many times this day but I don’t know why I didn’t have the chance. I always got interrupted by Lay hovering beside her, engaging her with much obviously interesting conversation.

 

I fought the urge to punch him in the face and just roll my eyes a hundredth time that day. He was keeping Sulli away from me as much as possible and the fact that Sulli entertains the idea makes me tick off.

 

What is really happening here?

 

Is she avoiding me?

 

That’s the questions running off my mind as I watched them both. I hate that fact that I can’t man up this moment and grab her and corner her to somewhere and demanded for answers. She wouldn’t like it of course but I don’t know what to do anymore.

 

A few minutes more and I’m going to lose my mind.

 

A sudden realization hit me straight into my head, she’s indeed avoiding me. She never did glance to my direction, even just once. She tries to get away from me by Lay’s help. My brows furrowed in confusion.

 

Why is she avoiding me?

 

What did I do this time?

 

Oh heaven’s help me.

 

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»  Hello I’m back after almost three months of being in hiatus. I’m so sorry my dear readers, I was caught up with too many schedules and I felt devastated that Kris left EXO and the OT12 isn’t OT12 anymore. [‘cries’] It affects me a lot I daresay but don’t worry the story still goes and a few more chapters and it’s finished. I went to vacation as well that’s why it took me long enough to update, but without my little brother’s persuasion I got the urge to write this chapter and after a night, I finished it. Thank you for the support guys, you never fail me. I love you. Tell me what you think, alright?