Chapter 13

Will You Be Mine?
c  h  a  p  t  e  r    t h i r t e e n
confession and truth 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTE: Sulli's replies and though in pink; Kris in blue; The other characters will be black

SULLI's POV

 

After a few hours exploring the beach, finally those two brothers let me rest. It was almost sunset when I finally have it.

 

On the contrary, we haven’t gone back at the house yet, where still on the beach. I sat on the sand, my feet playing with the water, gege and Kai sat at the either side of me.

 

My mind flew out again to Kris; he didn’t come with us or even gone out the house. He just stayed at his room all the time. It’s bothering me and I don’t know why. It’s so frustrating that I heaved a long sigh.

 

“What’s with the sigh?” gege asked. He probably noticed.

 

“Uh- I-It’s nothing. Just thinking” I said not looking at him.

 

“You know, if something is bothering you, you can always tell it to us” Kai said looking at me seriously.

 

I let a sigh again and frown.

 

Gege holds my head and force it to face him.

 

“Look at me Ssul”

 

I slowly look up at his eyes. “I can tell that something is bothering you”

 

“Are you a psychic?” I said trying to get away with the topic.

 

“I’m not joking Sulli. Tell me, what’s wrong?” he said, narrowing his eyes on me.

 

Ugh, can I tell them? Why them of all people? For Christ sake, it’s their brother who’s bothering me. It would be awkward to talk about it.

 

Kai snapped his finger in front of me, when they notice I am not paying attention to them.

 

“It’s complicated, really.”

 

“We can deal with it” Kai said.

 

“But~”

 

“Try us. It’s not hard to try, right? Maybe we can help you or we can give you advice” Luhan gege interrupted me.

 

Maybe or maybe not. This is so hard. Well, it seems I cannot escape this so I might take the risk.

 

“Okay, I will say this once so don’t make me repeat it” I said trying to gain confidence.

 

The two simultaneously nod. This is it.

 

“I’ve been liking Kris for a while now” I said looking both of them, waiting for the scolding that will come in my way.

 

Seconds past and they remained silent. I can’t stand silence, if that’s their reaction what more if tell them that Kris kissed me.

 

Suddenly instead of scolding me, the two laugh at me. What is that about? Is that really funny to like Kris?

 

I glared both of them and punch their shoulders when they didn’t stop laughing; they’re literally rolling down the sand.

 

“You two, aren’t finished laughing at me yet? Or you want me to leave?” I swear I am seeing tears on their eyes now with so much laughing.

 

And that stop them off.

 

“I’m sorry Ssul, it’s just that….” gege said, thinking of the appropriate word to say.

 

“It’s funny” Kai fill him in. Gege nodded in agreement.

 

“What’s funny about it?” I asked scowling at them.

 

“Nothing. We just laughed because we found out that we’re right all along” Gege said, smiling at me.

 

“Right about what?” I can feel my brows rising up.

 

“That you like Kris” Kai patted my back.

 

I saw it coming.

 

“Am I really that obvious?” Lowering my head coz my cheeks feels so hot right now.

 

“Nah, we’re just observers. Don’t worry, I think Kris haven’t notice it yet” Gege informed me.

 

“You think so?” relief washed through me, hearing that.

 

“Yeah, Kris is so dense at times” Kai said, nodding.

 

“So you two not mad?”

 

“Why would we be mad? With whom? With you?” Gege asked, confusion evident in his face.

 

“Yup, I thought you to will get mad since I like you’re brother”

 

Kai laughed and Luhan gege smacked his head.

 

“Awww, what’s that for?” he asked to his brother.

 

“Quit laughing, we need to be serious now” he said then turned to look at me again.

 

“We can’t be mad at you, its normal Ssul. It doesn’t matter to us if it’s our brother who you like”

 

I smile at that. Luhan gege is really mature.

 

“Thank you” I said sincerely.

 

“No worries, is that what’s bothering you that we will be mad if we found out that you like Kris?”

 

Oh here it comes.

 

“No.” I said sheepishly.

 

Gege’s brows furrowed. “Then what is it?”

 

I hesitate for a moment before I blurt it out whispering.

 

“He kissed me”

 

Silence again. I looked at them; their mouth hangs open, shocked on what I said.

 

“What?” Gege yelled and stood up.

 

I tugged his arms so he will sit down again.

 

“Is that true?” Kai asked this time, still shocked.

 

I nodded uncomfortably.

 

“When did this happen?” Gege demanded. I can say that he take this seriously, he looked so serious now.

 

“The night after the ball”

 

“How?” he asked again.

 

“I can’t sleep that night then I went down the kitchen to get milk when I heard a car’s engine. I thought its Kai’s since he went out that night after he took me home” I said looking at him.

 

He nodded, for me to go on.

 

“Then I went to open the door, when Kris stumbled down. I caught him, he’s drunk and his hand was bleeding so I placed him on the couch and clean his wound. When he open his eyes, he looks at me shocked, maybe because he didn’t expect that it’s me, then he kissed me. I was shocked too” I said remembering that night.

 

“So what does he say after the kiss?” Kai asked, curiously.

 

“After that he stood up and runs a hand onto his hair and face; said sorry when I said its okay, he just nod and run upstairs” I explained, feeling the rejection building my insides again.

 

Few minutes of silence again. I swear this is hitting my nerve.

 

“I don’t know what to say” finally Kai broke the silence.

 

“That is unexpected”, Gege followed-up.

 

I nodded and sigh again.

 

“I don’t know what to think obviously. I’m so confuse”

 

Silence engulfed us again. Luhan gege scooted up closer to me and put his arms on my shoulders.

 

“You should talk to him and asked what is going on between you two”

 

“What do you mean?” I asked getting frustrated.

 

“Kris isn’t the type of person who will chase a girl”

 

“You mean he’s gay?” I asked in disbelief.

 

Kai flicked my forehead while Gege laugh out loud.

 

“Stupid! He’s not gay, I mean he isn’t the type who’ll drape his arms on a girl then make out with her, do something unnecessary and dump her.” Luhan gege explained.

 

“But he acts like I’m a virus that he should stay away from”

 

“Give him time Sulli, maybe he’s confused but if you really want to know what he really feels then you should talk to him. Thinking about it, won’t solve anything, you should act on it”

 

I nodded. “Maybe I should”

 

“Don’t worry, as far as I know Kris doesn’t have a girl for a long time and he respects every girl. Maybe he’s rude with them but he will never hurt or use them.” Kai said looking straightly at me, serious.

 

“Trust us, he’s our brother. We grew up with together and he’s not like that when we we’re younger” Gege seconded.

 

“What do you mean? Did something happen?” I ask curiously.

 

Luhan gege and Kai looked at each other, silently sending message by their eyes.

 

“You know it’s not our story to tell” Kai said getting uneasy with the subject.

 

“But we’ll give you some minor details about it, so listen.” Luhan gege said giving me a tiny smile.

 

I nodded once again, craving for the truth.

 

“Kris have been the happy-go-lucky boy when we we’re younger, a typical boy just like me and Kai is. He’s smart as well, getting good grades but then a girl came into the picture. Then poof he had changed.”

 

“What happen between them?”

 

“She used him; she’s the daughter of our rival company. She used him to gain informations about us and when he learned about that, he was broken. I think he really loves her, I mean she’s his first girlfriend.”

 

“Do you think he’s over her?” I asked, a lumped in my throat is forming.

 

I don’t know what to feel learning that Kris experienced that with the girl he loves. That’s why he’s very cold to girls; does he think I’ll hurt him too?

 

“I think you should ask about that to Kris, if you want to know the whole details, he’s the only person who you should talked to” Gege said, turning to me.

 

“Yeah, but Ssul please be patient with him. He’s been hurt, he seems so cold outside but he’s hiding all his feelings. I know it’s been two years but we don’t know, coz he doesn’t talked to us that much since then, he grew colder and distant to his family but I know the old Kris is somewhere inside him” Kai said meaningfully.

 

“I don’t know what I should do. I’m scared as well”, I said unsure what to do, and thoughts have been clouding my mind.

 

“We know it’s difficult but if you can please bring him back” Luhan gege said to me determined, while Kai nodded.

 

 

*****

 

Luhan gege and Kai left me for a few more minutes in the shore so I can think about everything that has been revealed to me.

 

After our heart to heart talked, and learning minor details about Kris’s past, thoughts have been floating in my mind. I don’t know what to do. I am pressured.

 

I still don’t know what does Kris feels about me nor does he feel something about me. Maybe I should really talk to him. That’s the only way left.

 

I sighed and folded my knees up to my chest and buried my face in it. A few minutes passed and I looked up to find our subject sitting beside me.

 

How did he get there? I didn’t felt him coming closer. Maybe I was really deep in thoughts.

 

“Hi” I said, looking at the side of his face profile.

 

I am once again captivated with his looks. I know cheesy much but I can’t help it and to think I’ve learned about he’s past.

 

“Hi back” he said, staring at the sea.

 

This is it. I think Lord has given me this chance to ask Kris about the questions that is lingering in my mind.

 

“Can I ask you something?” I said, facing him fully.

 

He looked at me and nodded. “Go on”

 

“Wh- why did you ki- kiss me?” I stuttered but successfully blurted it out.

 

He stiffened and stared at me.

 

 

 
_____________________________________________________________
 
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
»   To make up for the almost one month of my abscence and not updating, here is another chapter.

Weeeeee! Don’t kill me. Cliffhanger. HAHA

I love Luhan and Kai here, do you love them?

Sorry, there still no Krislli moments here.. Forgive meeee

See you all next chapter; don’t forget to comment. Love’all